What's new

Quotes from Grizzlies (game 2)-"Mitchell is the real deal. Putting on a clinic."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Pre Game

I gotta feeling ja gonna pop off again today

Scheduling back to backs in the same high altitude venue is BS! An off day in between should be required. F$$$ the NBA schedulers!

Grizzlies got the Jazz number.

Everyone wants you to believe Ja will be gassed on the second night of a back to back in high altitude. But have you seen him float? This man lives at high altitude.

1st Half

Jazz look tired already

If we could hit some 3s, that’d be great. It’s cool tho, keep playing solid defense and keep chipping away

If Mitchell plays like this in the 2nd half then just chop it up to being one of those types of games lol...

I swear Ingles got picked up off the court from the local YMCA.

He didn’t get picked up at a ymca he signed when the office got canceled.

Well this was fun for about three minutes, I’ll see y’all Monday

Clarkson with the ole’ move on the two hand Grayson dunk. Lol.

It just seems Jazz has a response for every shot we make.

I blame Dillon Brookes for Donovan’s preformance... he just had to talk ****

ja i love you but this is the time we need you to step up

I’m so sick of him being randomly aggressive and randomly not

Mitchell has 23 already?! Wow....

It looks like they need Red Bull instead of water.

Donovan Mitchell - 26 pts Ja Morant - 6 pts Our boy still has a long, long, long way to go...

Damn Donovan

Mitchell is going for 60

Spiders are annoying.

We have a bad habit of letting the other team’s best player get hot. Mitchell just doesn’t miss

Well I’m gonna go to bed on that dunk by gobert. Melton should play a lot of minutes tonight let’s see how well he plays!

Gonna be a long night if mitchell keeps this up

Rudy is a terrible matchup for Jonas

Can’t guard Mitchell tho

Wooo child this is a hot mess

Are Rudy’s arms longer tonight?

I think Mike Conley is supposed to sit this one out for hamstring management. I'd prefer that Donovan Mitchell sits out this game.

different day, same 1st qtr garbage

when did Donovan get to be so good?

If Winslow doesn't hold Donovan then what is his purpose?

Betting on no comeback tonight.

GAME OVER after the 1st !!

Wow, I stepped away for a little while and we are down 14?

Also Utah sets a moving screen on every offensive possession which makes it hard for ppl to get to an athlete like Mitchell

the main difference between one of the best NBA team and us. They have plenty of shooters when we have Dilon and Grayson....

Great first half.....from Utah !!

Mitchell and Clarkson are 6 points away from outscoring the entire Grizzlies roster.

Donavan Mitchell was satisfied being an athletic scorer... He's really turned himself into an absolute knockdown shooter!

Mitchell has become that guy who, if fouled on a three, ALWAYS makes all three FTs. The guy who gets the ball with a second left and NEVER misses that momentum-crushing triple.

Chill donovan damn

Jesus Christ Spida is killing us

Mitchell is the real deal. Putting on a clinic.

If it takes Mitchell scoring 50 and Clarkson 40 - on the second night of a B2B, I guess that means we are a worthy foe? Lol.

This performance so far really takes away the goodwill from last night’s fight.

Is it me or does Jonas look gassed?

Haha They're shooting 59% on FGs and 52% from 3. We're shooting 41% on FGs and 26% from 3. Not a winning recipe.

We can't make and they can't miss.

And Clarkson is on fire too. Bruh.

Geez Mitchell and Clarkson have the same score as us...

Aliens watching this as their first basketball game thinking Donovan Mitchell is the GOAT.

We need a Mitchell....and a Clarkson, maybe throw in an ingles...

Smh. Utah is shooting lights out.

Well ****, This was ugly as hell but on a positive note I really believe Mike may get his ring this year. The Jazz truly look better the everyone else. Mitchell is unstoppable.

2nd Half

Donovan has a red circle around him like on the old school video games.

The Jazz have more talent and their best player is significantly better than the Grizzlies' best player.

LMAO, I guess not. Jazz on 18-7 run in the first 4 mins of the 3rd .

I don't care if he makes some boneheaded plays sometimes and thinks he's prime Jordan, Dillon Brooks plays his *** off every game. I wish all of our guys showed the same effort as DB.

At least the Jazz are having to work, and work hard, to keep their advantage. I love the way our guys don’t stop coming.

We don't stand a chance if Ja is going to play like this

winslow's shot is ****ing busted, he's lucky no one is watching this slaughter lol

Jazz have four guys with 3 or more 3 pointers made. That's pretty impressive and tough to beat.

Post Game

Pain.

damn

I have a sneaky suspicion Jazz just may be better than us.

Jazz=Team full of Steph Curry's

Grizz=Team full of Russell "Westbricks"

Yeah, letting the other team hit 19 3s has not worked out for us this year.

I gotta feeling ja gonna pop off again today
7b855357-257d-48bc-874d-a3e89d49eb78.jpg

Justise Winslow is so so so so bad. His shot looks like when I watch my nephews rec league team... every time it goes up I immediately know that has no shot of going in. Thought maybe he was playing good defense but he looked like a traffic cone a few times. That was a really bad acquisition for them.

Thought Mitchell was having a really poor season but he has been incredible lately. Hopefully this is a sign of significant improvement and not just a hot streak.

Thought Mitchell was having a really poor season but he has been incredible lately. Hopefully this is a sign of significant improvement and not just a hot streak.
He had a few games he missed shots I thought he normally would make... I think it’s a mix of the ebb and flow of the season... he’s running a little hot right now. In general I’ve been happy with his playmaking and other improvements.

He still has games where you don’t know what he is thinking out there with the passes he makes... he still has games where he will fall in love with bad floaters... still has bad defensive games... but they are happening less imo. He’s still so young... it’s like the stock market... it’s up and down sometimes wildly from day to day... but as long as it trends up overall then we good. DM is definitely trending the right direction on a lot of fronts.

When he’s hot and pissed off though... holy **** is it fun. He was absolutely cooking in this game... not just shooting but the passes were so great.

Yeah it wasn't looking great, but the last 5-6 games he has really found a groove, and things seem to be coming to him really easily. Happy to see the uptick in efficiency. Hope it is sustainable.