What's new

Quotes from Grizzlies (game I)-"Playing the Jazz 3 times in one week should be illegal"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

If we can’t beat the Jazz — then I at least wanna see Ja Morant turn Rudy Gobert into a hood ornament.

after seeing 2 heart breaking defeats to OKC and GoldenState maybe the basketball GODS will GIVE the Grizzlies a Gift to even out those two losses.

I think we get drilled tonight. But I'm here watching. Prove me wrong Grizzlies.

If we can win 1 of 3 from the Jazz, and then at Houston, I think that's a huge win for us.

Utah is good, but it is actually a team we matchup with well.​

wouldnt be shocked to steal 2 of these 3 matchups. would really help build for a late push.

Honestly if we win one out of the three I'll be happy. Dunno why we have to have the entire season series against #1 in the West in a week.

1st Half

We need this Ja night in night out

Grayson guarding Bogdonavic is a joke. There are going to target that.

Favors new hair style makes him look like Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

Gobert against BC is a little unfair to BC.

And now Utah gets rolling.

Every time Mike scores I experience a rollercoaster of emotion

When you have to ask, you know the Jingle comes for thee

Love this Jazz team. Hoping they go the distance. Obviously because of Conley, but also because you just wanna see a team like this make it happen.

Playing the Jazz 3 times in one week should be illegal

Mitchell is a certified hooper. Can't be mad

Imagine having 4 players who can all shoot on the court at once lol

I mean Utah is just ****ing good lol. Hope we can keep it competitive and that Ja continues to play well

Jazz play beautiful basketball

We are getting killed.

Interior D in the paint is porous as pumice, and our perimeter D is way too late on closing out

Smokin Joe licking his lips at Melton guarding him

uhmmm JV don't let Gorbert lil boy ya.

my first time watching them this year and uhmm yea utah may actually be pretty good.

Absurd. Utah is awesome. Great on offense, great on defense. Best rim protector in the game. Leading 3 point shooting team. Great bench. Invest in League Pass.

Their screens are like steel doors, ours are like cheesecloth

Putting Bane on Mitchell is insane.​

2nd Half

Just think if Jordan Clarkson shot better than 1 for 8.

I have this growing sensation that we might not win this game after all.

me thinks we look a lil better with Gobert out of the game.

Ja playing like a star. Really fun to see him playing this well against a top tier team.

Sometimes this Grizzlies team is like Butch from Pulp Fiction - " That's how you're gonna beat them, Butch. They keep underestimating ya"

Ja's body control is reminiscent of MJ's. Obviously, he's nowhere near being on that radar...but his body control in air is special.

why have Jazz bear and Grizz not had a wrestling match before is beyond me.

Rudy Gobert shoots better from the field than the free throw line. Why they don’t just foul him every time he goes to the basket?

Joe Ingalls drives a Honda Civic

Morant throwing some dimes tonight

The team is playing at a high level tonight. Too bad the Jazz are just a level higher.

Been a good game. Jazz went ice cold in the 3rd and it gave the good guys a chance

If JV has to come back in we're going to look noticeably worse I think.

Rudy Gobert is out while the trainers stretch his arms

You think Anderson knocked some gold coins out of that giant bitch’s head?

Basketball Gods are with Us tonight

I don’t care about the clock. How’d Ja just lose that to Mike Conley

Post Game

Can’t be upset about that loss. Hopefully it carries over for tomorrow.

Proud of the team we fought hard today

Thank you for leaving it all on the floor. We’re going to be, ok.

Spida always kill us. Dude is a beast

The fact they got it that close is impressive. Down 16 in 4th I turned it off lol. Can’t afford to lose the next 2 to these guys. Gotta have at least one

Majic Mike is schooling Ja at the moment

Utah is my favorite this year. Thay have a fantastic team and a lot of player improving this year. They will be hard to beat.

Tomorrow is a must win

Not going to lie I’m mad we lost but I love the fight they showed tonight

Gonna say it, despite the hate, Grayson was good, his perimeter shooting and contract is vg value

jazz are like the veteran version of our team.​

idk how we do on a 2nd night, but i still really feel we match up well.
tough last shot, nearly fell, but they did a good job disrupting what we wanted to do.

i’d rather have seen morant get it to the basket with the ability to kick to DB or Allen. but tough to argue not giving it to the hot hand.

Allen played well. Ja was unreal. Brooks logging another great game. Had we not sucked that first half we would have won. Gobert was getting super frustrated with Morant. Gobert would block the first Morant shot attempt and, while still midair, Ja would just adjust and hit with second effort.

That second half was some of the most fun basketball I've watched this year. The Spurs games and the MLK game are up there too, but Ja was electric tonight once he got aggressive.

Ja and Dillon deserve praise for their games tonight but I wanna shoutout Brandon Clarke. He was impressive as our small ball center. The box score doesn't really do it justice. Made a bunch of defensive plays and performed admirably against Gobert for the minutes they shared the court. I think we were the better team with him over JV tonight.

Grizz Jazz is always a classic

Great attempt at a comeback. Getting outscored by fourteen in any quarter of an NBA game is no recipe for success though. If we can give the jazz a close game tomorrow as well I’ll be fine with two L’s.

Love this team. Awesome fight. Jazz are really good

I ain't even mad that was a great ****ing effort, Ja was magical and I'm a proud dillonsexual

Only saw the last 8 minutes - Ja was a ****ing beast, loved the small ball lineup and Grayson and DB were both hitting their shots. Hope BC is okay, but can't be mad at us for coming back from 21 in the first half and making Jazz fans clench.

Also, from the little I watched, the Jazz commentators were pretty good

We fought hard and lost to the toughest team so far by 3 points. We were down 21. Gotta be proud of the boys even though the game looked ******.

I was considering giving up at halftime but I'm glad I didn't. Best game from behind we've had past two seasons

might be the most exciting game of the season

Someone said they "really don't want to watch us get swept by the Jazz. I don't think these Grizzlies+JJJ are getting swept.

Stupid little French fry first that BS push on Ja now this flopping bs. Gtfo

Are these the best opposing team fans in the NBA? Great posts and agreed on the Conley love.
I think they are because in many ways their team is a lot like our jazz teams, especially jazz teams in the past. They just play scrappy and hard from start to finish and you gotta respect that.

Ja Morant is also “ rilly gewd and athaletic” as Barkley would say). I like watching him play.

You think Anderson knocked some gold coins out of that giant bitch’s head?

This made me laugh - but holy **** how was that not a foul? It was twice as bad as the loose ball foul on Gobert at the end of the game against the Pelicans that pretty much cost Utah the game.