What's new

Quotes from Hawks' forums-"Jazz got so much depth well put together team AND they play everyone no ball hogs"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Pre Game

Time to take down another titan

The Virgin Jazz vs the Chad Hawks

our schedule is just not easy oh my goodness.

Utah Jazz, what’s next, Compton Country Music?

they have an entire squad of career role players, were cooked, theyre all about to have career highs

The Jazz uni's this year are hard. I know a lot of the nephews on r/nba don't like them, but i like them.

If we lose tonight the uniforms are trash, however.

I HATE them haha. They look like jerseys for your local YMCA team.

But I also hate pineapple and other people love pineapple so to each their own.

Jazz commentator has the smoothing voice I've ever heard

It's like the Jazz have the perfect team to nuetralize Gobert and make him irrelevant. Unbelievable that they are winning like this after trading away two "franchise" players.

Mike Conley got a flat 5:1 assist to turn. What in Sam Hell. I’m pretty sure that’s historic for a 30 minute PG through a 12 game stretch goddamn.

How they’re atop the West right now is one of the more amazing stories I’ve seen in recent memory. Give Ainge his flowers that boy saw some exceptional fits because on paper they’re pure cheeks.

1st Half

Markannan was a pain in the *** when we played the bulls

we cant not be giving up these fouls fam

Foul foul foul foul....sigh

Ahhh Jazz passing the ball around like opposite of hero ball

Looks like ping pong ball out there.. somebody put rubber bands on the rims?

man this kind of **** is so boring to watch seeing one player get the ball and able to draw a foul every time

It's okay, if we foul him 6 times he has to leave the game.

The Jazz play good team ball

I think the league needs to add a new stat: missed bunnies.

Damn. That Kessler kid has the highest WS/48 for the Jazz. He’s showing why.

Everybody on Utah can handle the ball, outside of Kessler.

They can handle and they can shoot from 3 . . or at least put a 3 up.

9 points all free throws

Atlanta make a layup challenge (impossible)

One of the ugliest quarters of ball you'll see lol

Trae looking like ***

i have seen enough. investigate Utah.

Why is it the same 5 tall white men that **** us. What is this, tinder?

You're confusing Tinder with Grindr.

Man can someone guard this man Lauri.

We can't defend teams who have bigs that can shoot lmao, and we're running into Olynyk who is shooting 58% from three

theyre too good, theyre the best team in the nba

lauri is so ****ing good now lol

**** this Greek God looking mf

Utah taking all the frustration of the failed red wave and channeling it into basketball

not gonna let these millionares ruin my working class night be better tomorrow

idk why yall blaming nate lauri is just unstoppable lmao idk what anyone can do wtf

For a team with a roster full of new additions, the Jazz sure do a better job of playing 'team' ball than us.

They're a team full of vets too. All of those players they got from Minnesota were starters, or very good reserves. Sexton is basically a starting guard as well. They have a very good collection of mid level players, some of which who can play like star players at any given moment.

John Collins is completely useless on this team. Can’t defend, can’t score down low, and can’t rebound against anyone his size or larger. $25 million a year for this for another five years. DeAndre Hunter’s contract is another colossal mistake. He’s just an average NBA player who we are paying twice as much as he deserves to make.. Just damn

2-13.. keep shooting Trae!!

These boys scotching from three and they all got active hands and I don’t know their coach from a can of paint. I don’t know what’s got into Markannan but he’s looking like what Porzingis should’ve been.

It makes it hard to defend them, when their 4 and 5 man can jack up 3s and make them at a decent clip, with Markkanen being a very versatile scorer.

I see why they're so hard to play now. All of their starting 5 can shoot the 3. Conley is the old vet who can set people up. And Clarkson simply looks to score.

Then you got 4 guys off the bench who also know how to score, with Kessler being the bruiser center in the middle.

2nd Half

got it within 4 after hawks disaster class

Takes big balls to shimmy when youre 3-15 before that shot, Trae is ****ing nuts, let's go!

I miss when we had a 10 point lead personally.

20-21 season Clint Capela is back **** is so beautiful it makes you wanna cry

There’s literally nothing u can do about some of these shots

I love Trae, but i can say that we look a lot more organized with DJ running point.

Feels like we’re shooting 100% from the field rn

This the THT Lakers fans were slandering?

Third quarter Hawks have been insane this season

okay so Lauri Markannen is the greatest player ever?

We're getting owned by their bench lol

Can we get one of those timeout things

From down 9 to up 10 - we are making a great habit of these 3rd quarter surges.

This Kessler kid is nice, would be nice to have as our 3rd big instead of Kaminsky

THT looks like Rudy Gay’s uncle

Beasley doesn’t miss must be nice

Okongwu can't hang with traditional 7 footer centers like Kessler.

The Jazz are a ****ing lottery squad bruh lol, but they making us look like the lottery squad

We couldn’t have gotten olynk with a JC package?

This Jazz team is not impressive to me at all, we are beating ourselves more than anything.

Trae: "I've been shooting like absolute *** for 9 games this season but maybe this will be the early shot clock 35 footer than goes in!"

We up 4 against the 2nd best team in the league. After beating the best team in the league 2 nights ago.

Some of yall need more optimism in your life if you still feel like this season is a bust.

Need to make Kessler work. Dude is just parked in the paint lol

jazz really bouta **** around and be a 3 seed w this squad

THT was never this athletic and fast I swear

This rookie center for the jazz is legit lol If they don’t trade some people they will make the play in at worst

**** the Jazz. All they’re comprised of is role-playing three point shooters

And they have the 2nd best record in the nba with a hard schedule. So maybe that means something

Okongwu dominates Giannis but gets cleared by Walker Kessler. Reality is a joke

no shame in losing a close game against the #1 seed in the west conference.

our offense ate glue for 8 minutes and now utah is just trading every bucket. whether it’s a 3 or drive to the paint, they just aren’t missing

Jordan Clarkson looks like a pirate

This Jazz team is deep af. Sexton, Rudy Gay, AND Malik Beasley coming off your bench? They got a squad fr.

Dude imagine if Cleveland or Chicago had developed lauri properly.

Literally no one is making lay ups lol

THT looks like someone's uncle at a BBQ that was good at basketball in HS.

We love giving teams open 3s. It gives us a challenge later in the game

We’re historically bad from 3 Jesus

I've never seen Trae that butt booty naked on the court in my life **** should be a technical for not guarding him

i’ma shield my eyes from Trae’s fg percentage tonight just get the W

Impressed with Kessler man he’s solid

Wolves should’ve just stuck with him instead of selling the farm for Gobert

Holy **** this jazz team is annoying as **** to play against

Ok well I think we can just say at this point it’s the jazz’s night lol some of these 3 aren’t even good shots they just going in

wow they making everything we lost gg jazz

Markkanen (or however you spell it) beat our *** tonight. That dude is good.

Winnable game but the Jazz are too good. Deserves the number 1 seed GG

how the **** does this team of role players never miss

Dam i wish we had a system to run man

Okongwu getting owned by a rookie. Great….

Jazz look legit as ****, these dudes play as a unit

Did JC just get out rebounded by a 54 year old Rudy gay ?

the 3 we miss is the 3 they make God does not like the Hawks

Clint 19 reb damn

Capela should be out there schooling Kessler. Okongwu's mostly good against premiere big men

I didn’t know who kessler was until 2 hours ago but **** that guy

This woman ref sucks not because she’s a woman but because she’s a ref

Lauri bullying us like LeBron used to..gross

The jazz have assembled some of the most potent hawks killers lmfao

Who tf are all these nobodies on the jazz popping tf off

Don't know what's uglier.. Those Jazz jerseys or Hawks 1st quarters

This entire team is allergic to scoring at the rim tonight

Can one of y’all use a voodoo doll on markannen. Give him like an ******* cramp or smth.

Jazz messed around and traded Rudy Gobert for Rudy Gobert and 7 picks

We have 1 free throw to their 16... how does that even happen?

The Jazz have no business winning this game wtf are you guys doing

What a fourth quarter breakdown

Why does every ****ing team laser in 3s against us and we can’t ever hit ****

End of third quarter actually killed us fml

Wow ground breaking. Not only is this ref breaking the glass ceiling as a woman she’s also blind! Inspiring

WHY NOT TAKE THAT ****ING TIMEOUT EARLIER NATE AND WHY THE **** IS TRAE FORCING EVEEEERRRRRYYYTTTHHHIIIINNNGGGGG THIS YEAR OMFG

He’s good ngl, looks like a future starter in this league

THT looks 35.

I want the next guy that leaves Olynyk or Lauri for a wide open 3 to run stairs for the rest of the game

They take away our medicine ( 3 pointers) while they force feed us their cure ( mid range shots)

Other teams run a pick and roll

Our team instantly crashes but doesnt actually contest

Other team still makes the floater, layup, or passes it out to a wide open three

We look like idiots

Rinse and repeat forever I guess. Why crash the paint if you still can't even stop them from getting to the rack? It's like they are literally being told to just go stand near the ballhandler and that's it. It's too consistent to just be a "Whoops I forgot lul"

Capela has been our best by far this game . He’s been good over all this season . Beside the missed bunnies lol

The confidence to shimmy before taking a shot while you’re 3-14 is cold… I ****ing love trae

Remember that play by THOT ( talen horton-tucker )

That's a 5 point swing.

Hell of a defensive play.

This team has to be tested for PEDS. Lauri and THT were never this athletic lmaooo

Nah it’s just the classic example of players being trash on the lakers until they switch teams

How do they fall for the same play every ****ing time

I don’t get why you would play zone against this team or why it’s even used in the modern NBA at all aside from playing the Lakers.

Such a fine sight to see Lauri Nowitski

the crazy thing is i saw trae look up and was like “TRAE NO WHAT THE ****” and then he hit that ****

Jazz is a bunch of 6th man/barely All-star guys thrown into one team. They don't play good defense, but have high octane offense. At full health, they will be a hard out in the playoffs.

Olynk plays like the tall girl in middle school who went through puberty before everyone else

Can we not let this used car salesman get so many offensive rebounds and putbacks?

Someone write the word capela in sharpie on Nate’s head so maybe he’ll get the message

Wow Nate just called timeout and Trae flat out ignored him, followed seconds later by a Jazz 3.

we really came back just to be down by 10 :( im not having a good night

Utah: 16/37 on threes Atlanta: 5/23

That’s all you really need to know

Lauri is crazy where did this come from

Wtf is a markkenan

they aint even playing out of their mind either…im disgusted

Another 3, my oh my.

Justin Holiday saving our *** what kind of bizzaro world **** is this

OO a 7 foot demigod build frl

what if i punch each Jazz player in the stomach

Based on our performance tonight I’ve come to the conclusion that Utah is leading the West because they practice black magic and are using runes to make the other team dumber every night.

Pretty sure our guys are just mouth breathing and staring into space on the bench.

transition 3s look so crazy. we should try that.

Lauri is what people think Sabonis is

When Kelly isn’t laying on the court, he can hit a three

Shut down Markainen, or at least contain him. Contain Clarkson when he's on the floor.

THT dominates at his local Y every Thursday night

This loss might even be more frustrating than the Thunder game

Jazz are demons

These dudes are automatic I don’t ****ing get it

I never want to play this team again man

My take from this game is that Lauri should be in MVP talks

Trae just stays going for sportscenter plays and it is ****ing nauseating

Wtf happens with this team. Whenever someone plays us, some random *** player does great. Today it’s tht. Against the heat, it’s max strus or like gabe Vincent. Against the raptors, Gary Trent jr seems to go off.

I’m convinced the jazz are our bogey team when was the last time we beat them ?

Jazz got so much depth well put together team AND they play everyone no ball hogs

Markkanen is really gonna drop 60 bro, I'm sick

I ****ing hate looking at the Utah jerseys good Lord

I like it when we play defense. We should do it more often.

My grandpa could play better than these fools and he died 39 years ago

The Jazz are actually the scariest team ever lol. Just a bunch of role players all capable of dropping 30 and scorching you from 3.

Youngest head coach in the nba and he’s gonna win coach of the year probably

One of these days when I hit rock bottom him gonna make some Hawks Bingocards and white guy drops career high might be the free space

This gotta be one of the best games of Markannans career.

Their bench has outscored the Hawks 43-19.

We've scored 65 points in the second half, yet we'll lose. Geez ...

When you give up 40 points in the 4th it'll happen.

I am impressed with the Jazz. They are the ultimate make you pay team for bad defense or mistakes.

Hawks shot 46.8% - same as Utah - on 15 more attempts (7 more makes than Utah) but were -9 on 3s. Not being able to consistently make 3s is going to kill this team.

Utah doesn't sneak up on you. They come out and bust you in the face... They ran that Curl to Markennen in the lane until we did something to stop it. Markennen did started making the pass out. Everything else was just standard play. I applaud Kessler Walker. He manhandled our 2nd unit.

Well we just played the 2 best teams in the NBA back to back and we won one and lost one and the one we lost we could have won.

Utah Jazz, what’s next, Compton Country Music?

pinocchio-dead.gif

“For a team with a roster full of new additions, the Jazz sure do a better job of playing 'team' ball than us.”

This is just one example of the praise we’re starting to get from opposing fans every game. Highly unusual, I feel like everybody wants on our bandwagon at this point.:p

It's okay, if we foul him 6 times he has to leave the game.
LOL

Damn. That Kessler kid has the highest WS/48 for the Jazz. He’s showing why.
Whaaaaaaaaatttt???? That's a cool stat.

theyre too good, theyre the best team in the nba

lauri is so ****ing good now lol

**** this Greek God looking mf
These guys get it.

It makes it hard to defend them, when their 4 and 5 man can jack up 3s and make them at a decent clip, with Markkanen being a very versatile scorer.

I see why they're so hard to play now. All of their starting 5 can shoot the 3. Conley is the old vet who can set people up. And Clarkson simply looks to score.

Then you got 4 guys off the bench who also know how to score, with Kessler being the bruiser center in the middle.
DA's master plan coming to fruition. Somehow.

okay so Lauri Markannen is the greatest player ever?
Yes, yes he is.

This Jazz team is not impressive to me at all, we are beating ourselves more than anything.
This guy is blind.

I didn’t know who kessler was until 2 hours ago but **** that guy
Gotta love the instant hate. No higher compliment.

Such a fine sight to see Lauri Nowitski
This guy gets it too.

Great quotes, love it!

Jazz commentator has the smoothing voice I've ever heard

Truth. Even messed up the word "smoothest" in honor of the great Boler with the buttery smooth pipes.

If I had to watch Trae Young ball hog and chuck up selfish shots each night , I’d change teams

Jordan Clarkson looks like a pirate

Never noticed before but very true.