What's new

Quotes from Knicks' forums after losing Mitchell-"f**k Ainge forever and always" (I)

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Quotes on the Donovan Mitchell Trade

We deserve to suck, they got him for 3 picks and 3 players who will never be championship pieces.. HE WAS AVAILABLE FOR FREE!!! **** Danny Ainge that ***** clearly has something against us, if the Knicks could’ve gotten him for 3 picks and Obi/Cam/IQ and they said no I’m not supporting this ****** front office anymore

I feel bad for you son. You got 99 problems and reading nba trade value is one

Y’all still think Utah has to take your offers? I was on here saying there where plenty of suitors for Mitchell and I got called out for it

Good haul. Way too much for the Knicks for Donovan.

Their GM actually had balls

Fire Leon Rose. That’s it. That’s the post. I’m done.​

GMs come and go. I however am Knicks for life. Wake me up when Leon gets us a player he’s not related to

Leon blew it. No other way to spin this disaster

Pls stfu. Knicks would’ve needed to include RJ and give the same amount of draft capital the Cavs did to get Mitchell. No one would’ve wanted that.

The Cavs had good players that were expendable in Lauri and Sexton. The players the Knicks had that were expendable aren’t as good. And also, the Cavs are in a much better position than the Knicks. They got this trade done w/o giving up their core. Knicks would’ve needed to part with RJ, a core player, for the trade to go thru.

The cavs and a very young and very talented team. They can afford to overpay. Also, Mitchell is a FA in 3 years, maybe he signs with us. Never know

Only Brain dead homers would’ve been mad. That’s the point of accumulating assets for a trade like this. What was the whole point of punting the draft. What random name out of a hat are fans gonna pull out this time.

If it was for literally any other player I’d be kinda upset but knowing Mitchell’s history with NY I’d actually say we have a pretty good shot at signing him free agency.

This is a big time all in move. People who say otherwise are dumb. If you think we're winning a chip by going all in for DM, then you're just dumb af. Cleveland has a roster to make it happen. DM was a good piece for us, but not going to make us win a chip (alone).

Where do we go from here?

Our young core is mediocre

This isn’t a playoff team

You could make a legitimate argument that none of these players will ever make an all star team from now until they retire

We have 300 million locked up in 3 players over 4 years

Do what we always do. Be mediocre enough to land a pick someone between 8-11, fool ourselves that next year will be different, land somewhere between seeds 11-13, disappointment. Repeat cycle.

Downward, although it’s tough to go further down than the embarrassment they already are

Happy to be in the worst possible purgatory you can be in the nba? Not good enough to be a playin team and not bad enough to tank

I’d prefer them to tank but that’s not going to happen so yes I’m upset they didn’t bite the bullet on Mitchell. Because right now we are marching toward nba purgatory which is the worst place to be.

I have no idea lmao. I have no confidence a free agent will want to come to NY after this.

At least we won’t have to worry about free agency for the next four years cries

...and what? Not trade for them?

The price for the next disgruntled star isn't going to be less. These last two trades made sure of that. This is the new market price and if you thought this was too steep for Mitchell. What are you willing to pay for someone who may be on the higher tier?

So being the 11th seed for the next 4 years and doing nothing of substance makes you happy? I suppose we have different hopes for this team.

We push forward with our team and assets. Develop our guys and wait for a disgruntled star

Trade. Randle. Even. If. It. Means. Getting. Forty. Cents. On. The. Dollar.

This line up is depressing

With the Mitchell stuff now over, the offseason priority needs to shift to building up this young core and trading Randle

We don’t even have a top 5 young core in this league. what are we building to lol

The Knicks have a few decent young players but hardly a "core".

I legitimately don’t if we are play in team with how hard the east is now.

We’ll be competing with the Hornets for the 10th seed

I hate what basketball has become your either a contender or must tank just shut up people and enjoy some maybe playoff basketball quality team

Leon set a price and didn't let Ainge fleece him. Good on Leon. Cavs basically gave up 4 FRPs (Agbaji was a FRP in the last draft), 2 swaps, a good young player in Sexton, and Markannan. That's a lot, but they're a super young and super talented team so they can afford to trade unprotected picks. Cpuld we have given up more? Ofc but it didnt make sense. I'm glad Leon passed.

Thirsty boys are going to be Wilding for atleast the weekend. Probably better for the rationale to stay away for the weekend

It’s only Donovan and SGA but Donovan is better. Mitchell was our best chance

I agree. It's a shame we won't ever have Donovan Mitchell on our team. He deserved to be here

He wont stay in Cleveland

Passing up on Donovan Mitchell on the hopes of RJ, IQ, Obi and Grimes bringing us to the finals is blasphemous

Cause this roster is buns but not enough buns to be bad enough to have a good pick so it’s just flat buns. Our two biggest usage players can’t shoot, our center can’t shoot, our new PG will be working with a bunch of guys who can’t shoot and they’ll be clogging up his lane. It’s booty

Here’s the big question. Will Donovan Mitchell stay there? He wanted to go to NY or Miami. I know he’s not thrilled to be in Cleveland.

“Let’s wait for other stars”

No, they wanted RJ. Once you take him out of the equation, sexton beats all offers.

A 25 year old all star wants to be in NY, Knicks have the picks to make it happen and they p***y out lmao. Obi, IQ, Grimes, and RJ will never be close to as good as Mitchell. Now they are probably going to need to trade away their picks for protected picks further down the line because they have too many mid young players to give minutes too or let them walk for nothing. So dumb.

Not mad about not getting Mitchell. Although, it feels like we could have offered more than Cleveland.

Would you have done 3 plus RJ? That’s what it would have taken to get it done.

Yes, once you get Mitchell those firsts are not that high.

This team has no real talent. We have nice complimentary pieces. Every other team has an all star/future all star

Nah it’s not a better package. Lauri is better than Obi. Sexton is better and more proven than Grimes and IQ.

For the Knicks to beat that package, they would’ve been have to be willing to give up Fournier, RJ, at least 3 unprotected picks, an unprotected swap, and probably another protected FRP.

Yeah I’m pretty bummed too Fr. Really wanted Mitchell. But the Cavs gave a better offer the Knicks didn’t want to give…and the Cavs didn’t give up any of their core players.

It is what it is. Just gotta move on and get ready for this szn

Does anyone actually believe the Knicks will have a star in the next 3 years? Always kid ourselves about the next available one in free agency but they never get them. And I severely doubt they’ll be able to draft one.

They’ve been making terrible decisions. There’s a reason why this organization has been a laughing stock for over a decade easily.

People really underrating sexton

Dude a 20pt scorer and 23 years old

He gonna put a lot of pts on a **** team

Rj making 30 million a year compared to sexton 18 million a year

Utah could flip sexton for more assets if he proves he healthy and well

Unprotected picks in ‘25, ‘27 and ‘29

Ainge is doing his thing lol I can’t even hate

Plus swaps. If Mitchell leaves and Mobley doesn’t develop Cavs can be in trouble

Especially now. That Cleveland team is going to be really fun to watch. I think they were arguably the best young core in the nba, but now I think they definitely are the best.

A better Opportunity will come DW

But these young guys won’t really develop into anything close to Mitchell and forgive me for not feeling confident in the Knicks drafting for the future

They offered there picks in 2025, 2027 and 2029. We weren’t going to send picks that far out

I mean Cavs basically gave up 5 unprotected first round picks plus 3 decent young players. We didn't really get close to this offer and I am kinda glad we didn't. Also DM will definitely waste away in Cleveland and request another trade within 1 year.

I am glad this trade didn't happen. That is a steep price ... effectively five years where you don't have control of your own picks. That might not be terrible fo the Cavs who already have an up and coming team but the for the Knicks that's a lot to gamble away.

Yea anyone who thinks we should’ve traded our own 2027 and 2029 picks is dumb.

Cleveland has 3 all stars on their team plus Mobley. They’re allowed to take risks like this. Mitchell on our team is a 5-seed at best

Compared to what now though? A 5 seed compared to play ins at most? While still never being able to draft a Star let alone sign one?

This is just better than the Knicks offer, simple as that.

The swaps are also unprotected

People kept telling me that no one can top our offer

If anyone here is mad about Rose not giving up the late 20s firsts, eat my dick

At first I thought we very easily could’ve and should’ve matched, but 27 and 29 unprotected picks is wild

The swaps are useless tho… there’s not much chance the Cavs have better picks than the Jazz. Shocked Leon couldn’t offer better

These picks are 3/5/7 years into the future. Chances are Cleveland is once again in a rebuild by 2027

Have fun with watching the Jalen Brunson Julius Randle pick and roll for the next 3 years, maybe one day we’ll get to sign a 43 year old Lebron so Leon Rose can finally say he did something

Lol. I smell a 30 win season coming up

Who knows what's their team in 5years. They are a small market team and not an immediate contender, they could have guys asking out or injuries or else derailing their stuff.

The Knicks traded a Way in the future First in the Melo trade that turned into Jamal Murray

The pick swaps are in 2026 and 2028, Mitchell probably isnt even on the team at that point.

Team with over 11 picks couldn’t do that. JOKES WRITE THEMSELVES

Damn, can’t even be mad at Utah for doing that deal. They got a haul.

Yeah, Cleveland is basically going all in. I didn't want us to go all in because we're not winning a chip after a trade for him giving up these kinds of assets. If we had a team like Cleveland, I would say we should have, but we just haven't drafted enough key players to make a big gamble like this. They're 100% in win now mode. Anything less is a failure, but that roster is good.

Rose should be fired!​

An absolute disgrace he couldn’t close this deal, and now they aren’t even realistically a top 10 team in the east. Another disgrace of a summer, traded for all these picks and didn’t even take their lottery pick. The Knicks are an embarrassment

If they can at least trade Randle it will have been a somewhat productive offseaaon, I guess

Take a deep breath and go outside. It's nice and sunny

Absolute ****ing disgrace im down with this team and management. **** **** **** ****

Holy crap. This is insane. We’ve finally made a responsible decision. We should be celebrating!

I’m actually pretty happy about this. The knicks are finally showing discipline and restraint. That deal is a superstar haul for just a star

The picks are 25,27,29, that’s crazy

Holy **** Ainge made them tradepicks so far down the line

People saying we coulda shoulda topped this weren't here for the many years we spent draft day sitting around watching other teams draft great players with our picks. 3 unprotected, 5 total, is crazy.

people need to relax. I would have loved donovan, but we are still in an amazing place. We have all of our picks, a bunch of others, solid young players, and an actual point guard now.

We are still set up for the future. Our team is in the best place its been in years. Trust the "process"

Meanwhile the Cavs traded a 20+ PPG guard, a young solid big, basically 4 Unprotected Firsts (Agbaji is this years 14th pick) and the 2swaps in between into the mix.

I'd have loved Spida here, but i am not sad we didn't beat that offer

Cavs can legitimately contend for next few years now. Makes sense for them to overpay for DM.

We would have been fighting it out with Atlanta for the 6th seed in the East.. really glad we passed

We missed out to a degree because Mitchel was a great fit in all senses. But we didn't miss out at the same time because for us to beat the Cavs offer we'd have had to trade either RJ + IQ/Obi plus 3+ unprotected + stuff or all 3 of Grimes, IQ, OBi + unprotected picks

Nah, we know how that song and dance goes. For us to make this kind of move, we have to be in the Cavs situation, with an all-star or two and a franchise player. We've only got prayers and time.

And the three firsts don’t even START until 2025. That’s wild. Imagine if the Knicks gave up ‘25, ‘27, and ‘29 unprotected, people here would’ve (correctly) rioted

Jazz wanted 3 picks and RJ, but accepts 3 picks and just Sexton from the Cavs. Lol get ****ed Ainge

Markkanen is also better than any of our youngsters excluding rj and they also got this years lottery pick. Dont see how its just sexton

People clowning us for not getting Mitchell - I for one am very happy we didn’t trade everything for him. Ainge wanted much more from us anyway. Let’s keep building our team the right way

"Meanwhile the Cavs traded a 20+ PPG guard, a young solid big, basically 4 Unprotected Firsts (Agbaji is this years 14th pick) and the 2swaps in between into the mix."

I'm not sure Agbaji counts as an unprotected pick, lol.