What's new

Quotes from Knicks' forums-"We have to play above our level just to reach the Jazz's floor."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
What I like about this year (and hate) is that we can beat just about anybody, and we can also lose to anybody.

Almost game time! We got this one. Have to say knicks have consistently brought it against top teams. For having one of the toughest schedules its been exciting. For better or worse most of our losses have been “should win “ games.

Austin Rivers lighting it up

There is a River full of buckets

This is just hilarious.

25 points in 12 minutes​

WHAAATTTTT

Rivers vs Ingles who would’ve though this would be the premiere matchup of the night

The Knicks may have the Jazz' number this year​

it’s a good matchup for us

Rivers makes it 10 for 10 with 25 points. He’s played 11 minutes. We’re in the 2nd quarter. Wow.

i feel like utah missed 10 wide open shots already

Lol this a reversal of the last game, they probably gunna light us tf up second half

About time rivers started to hit shots

Knicks def brought the energy while Utah seems to be asleep. Good 1st quarter

We killing Utah with floaters

My lord Austin.

could u imagine if you were a utah fan and seen rivers do this to you twice???

Cry me some rivers Jazz fans

Who is this team impersonating the KNICKS?

Quinn upset it hard to do lines with the mask on

9 consec makes with 4 3's.

10 with half of them 3's. Probably been done before but not a lot.

What the entire hell is happening right now?

Dude this has got to rank up there for top shooting performances by any Knick...like WTF?@!!!

Yo this is some weird **** for real. I have a ecstatic but confuse face

Rivers hits one more contested 3 and a ring of fire is going to appear under his feet

I’m watching this broadcast just laughing my *** off, WTF did the jazz do to this man?? You would think they murdered his family or something LMAO

Holy **** rivers we get it you hate Mormons LOL

We’re getting comically lucky with the Jazz shooting tonight. Have to create distance before they heat up

why does Quinn Snyder look like he runs a mortuary

Rivers can't miss now?? That seems helpful

Jazz are cold af​

This is the game tape that Rivers shows to his grandkids one day​

If it wasn’t for Clarkson​

Jazz would be down 25

Damn Quick lost the gift of sight​

Here come the Jazz​

We better put the ball into the basket at a higher pace. Jazz are going to make hoops eventually

I feel like we play against Bogdan "Bogdan" Bogdan every single game. How many of him are there?​

Quinn Snyder's halftime adjustment:​

MAKE YOUR SHOTS OR THESE PUPPIES GET IT

We’re going to blow this lead, aren’t we?​

Elfrid showing off his crossover that led to a perfect brick​

Rivers is 10/10.​

I have an idea… LET IT FLY BURKS!

Jazz are too good​

For us to play just 1 good half. All the good was just wiped away. It’s virtually a tie game.

Just tuning in​

The boxscore indicates that Rivers has defeated Donovan Mitchell in some kind of Highlander style duel and added Mitchell’s power to his own. In the end there can be only one.

that got ugly real fast​

gave up 20 points in just 6 minutes and pooped away the whole first half

Just remember if we lose​

at least some Utah kid will get a scholarship

Ingles needs to clean up that neck beard before he starts making meade in his basement and calling waitresses "m'lady"​

Man looks like hes got the best weed connect on the team​

Clarkson is a really annoying player​

Ingles talks a lot of trash out there, it seems​

It might be fun if we scored zero in the fourth​

Not many people know this, but "Ingles" is Old Norse for "STFU, you annoying schmuck!"​

when you get 25 from rivers in the first half, and havent pulled away​

its trouble

Damn​

I know Utah is good but this feels more like we’re bad

13 point lead evaporates in 5 minutes. Utah is best 3 point shooting team and they are now hitting shots. We have the EP brick band to watch.

Well, the good news is that our 2nd unit is well rested for the 4th quarter

Jazz just flat out outplaying us in the 2nd half. That’s all there is to it.

After scoring 59 in the first half, NY is getting run out of the gym in the second half. With 5 left in the game, NYK have 25 points in the second half... it’s a disgrace! It’s beyond unwatchable bball.

O'Neale is my kind of defender.

Gobert has mastered the Tyson Tipout.

the silence from nyc mayoral candidates regarding austin rivers current performance will be remembered at the polls

Mitchell always seems so pedestrian against us - like he is throwing games so we never express interest in him

Gobert with the moving screen literally every possession

Bizarre half, IQ 1/7, Burks 0/6, Conley,Bogey 0/5 Mitchell 1/9 But Austin 10/10

We just gotta weather this storm and not let the floodgates open.

Knicks play style is just so ugly whenever Payton is in the game. Good riddance.

Is there a technology where you can block seeing a person? Like that black mirror episode

I think Payton's just really bad at remembering faces

So on defense, he forgets who he's guarding, so he has to let them go by him to see the name on the back of the jersey to be sure.

Jazz cheerleaders: Where having black hair means you are a member of a minority community

gobert kills noel whenever they're in the game together. quin did this twice now.

Man Burks is really 1-10 so far. Should’ve been an easier game.

Jazz D is the best I’ve seen. We’d need a major uprising from one or two people to win.

We all knew they were gonna make a run. It was inevitable. They weren't gonna brick forever. Now we gotta show some mental toughness.

Quickley having a nightmare game.. our worst nighhtmare

This entire half’s been an abomination

Rudy is smoking us.

This dude Niang always destroys us

Gobert is everything mitch should aspire to

Mitch getting destroyed by Gobert tonight

niang accelerating our tiank

Painful after such a great first half

Gobert +25 Mitch -11

Gobert gets a night off on defense guarding him, while still altering shots.

Jazz just took control way too easily. I don’t care if we lose, but fight harder.

Royce O’Neal looks like an all star

Jazz are above our level

We have to play above our level just to reach the Jazz's floor.

Jazz really feeling themselves, but win streak or no, they are in reality just a high end treadmill team. Enjoy it while it lasts you clowns.

Igles does the same damn move every time lol

it's not fun watching Gobert dominate your favorite team

Same old KNICKS. No ability to play the third quarter Why bother watching a half of a game. They are marginally improved. Still stink

Run 20-3 hahahahaha

Coach waited way too long to play him in the third quarter , also even with 3 fouls I would have let him finish the second half because he was hot

Lets trade Robinson, Knox , Peyton And Ntilikina!!! Go get someone, anyone.

Are you guys planning to score in the 4th or you rigging games?

the jazz took a lot more 3s than we did. It’s not even that teams shoot great percentages they just take more until they start dropping. Also the Knicks allow slot of wide open 3s to teams.

3 points in 7:30 minutes

Total collapse in the 4th.

Thibs kept Rivers on the bench too long in 3rd. Dude was 10-10 from the field and 5-5 from line in 1st half. THIBS waits 8min into 3rd to put him back in. His fascination with Payton has to end. Gobert ate up Mitch tonight as well..

Team just falls apart in the second half

Alec Burks is the best player in New York Knicks history

Thibs put Rivers on ice. Then puts him back in late in the third ??

This game is rigged. Nba, please investigate.

Rivers god awful in the second half. 1 family lineage of mine from Ireland - the Rabbit family - suffered horribly since coming to USA. Son sawed in half by a train, another murdered, another died of
Scarlett fever. Next generation... more
Murders and illness... 160 years of tragedy after tragedy for that lineage. I think the curse impacted me by subjecting me to this franchise the last 20 years, and highlighted by the fact I have to watch Obi Toppin and Elfrid Payton. The site of each makes me really reconsider watching another minute.

payton is a disease to watch.

It’s pretty scary knowing just how bad Noel is offensively.

I’m so sick of this team killing pArlays with this unexpected crazy underdogs game you would assume they can’t win then the bums can’t even beat the hornets or sacermento kings against the other bad teams what a joke stop rigging games.

Tough 19 years

Wait what happened? Rivers was going off and Utah was getting smacked when I checked at halftime

Tough game? No way. Tough century!!

It's one of the most difficult thing to be a Knick fan, this team no matter who just always let you down, it would just be reward for them to be in the playoffs, which we may never see for a while,what a disappointment we need better shooters and players who are not scared to shoot 3 pointers,what a joke

I understand set rotations are the norm in the NBA, but a guy scores 25 in the first half on 10 for 10 shooting you have to roll him out there to start the third quarter.

Y’all can blame Thibs all you want but you’re not gonna win scoring only 13 points in the 4th.

Disgusting loss ! Defense collapsed ! Very shameful !

2nd half was tough to watch... 4th quarter was a train wreck... ouch

Up 13 at the half end up losing by 14 ..... how

20-3 in 7minute 4Q is unacceptable, fire coach

Burks a sharp shooter, can't even hit a shot just like Quickley

So Payton still starts even after Quickley had a career high 31, Rivers with over 25 in the 1st half, we take him out and he doesn’t get a lot of minutes in the second half. AND Payton plays more and destroys this game for us. I’m convinced that Payton has dirt on Thibodeau.

Joe Ingles is...

That old white dude shooting jumpers dolo at the park that you and your boys would ask to play when your a man short. Gotta respect the dude killing at the nba level though

Manz doesn’t pass the eye test at all

...a guy every team would want on their team because he's legit.

That’s what I’m sayin, can’t let the looks fool you

Dude.. the man is a world class athlete.. no joke

The game has passed Thibodeau by. This isn't 1998. It's going to be another long season.

That was a BAD half. Really bad. Really really really bad.

That was honestly disgusting

This second half was legit embarrassing to watch.

knox please I BEG YOU learn how to dribble

I have no idea what happened tonight lmao we just crumbled

Lmao imagine Rivers doesn't have that 25 point explosion in the first half?

If it was a **** game from the start it’d hurt so much less. We were straight fire to start this one.

Burks really wanted to show off against his old team

Rivers went 9 for 9, hit Mitchell in the head, and then what? They drew up a full court shot for him to end the 3rd? Was that it really?

the jazz rim Clunk is ****ing horrible on the ears

I kind of want gobert to get 20/20 at this point if we’re gonna lose

This team took the W into halftime and checked out. This is the least fight I’ve seen them have.

This team has been playing as if everyone has cinderblock for legs.

People wonder why Rudy got paid

Can Burks and Randle ****ing give RJ the ball for once

****ing Royce O’Neale

Damn can't grab a rebound rith there

I think we have like 6 rebounds this game.

gobert wingspan OP :-(

I’m gonna watch old 90s playoff series to make myself feel better about this game. I suggest you all do the same.

Knicks had 60 at half and are struggling to score 90 points again...

These rotations were just dubious the second half. Should have been itching to have Rivers come in early, but we essentially iced him for the Jazz.

Worst second half of basketball I've watched in years.

**** Thibs and **** Payton.

Jazz 108, Knicks 94: Scenes from an epic second-half collapse

1st half: A Bat out of Hell

2nd half: It is Hell

RJ Barret had 17 points on 11 shots shooting 63 percent.

Alec Burks had 9 points on 14 shots shooting 21 percent.

This team will always prioritize vets over the future and that’s why we’ve sucked for 20 years.

108 points isn’t even a lot of points. They really just locked us up

I’d love to know if it’s ever happened before a player was 10-10 on 25 points in a half and lose by double digits..has to be a first in nba history

I just feel stupid for getting so excited in the first half.

It’s not even about the loss, it’s about the details of how we lost.

Rj being frozen out by the vets, Mitch being out worked, thibs bad rotations.

That’s what’s frustrating. I can care less if we win or lose.

It’s all about the bigger picture my man!!!!!!!!!!

The Jazz are well coached and just did the same stuff over and over that they knew we would not be able to contend with.

Lol this a reversal of the last game, they probably gunna light us tf up second half
Prescient
Cry me some rivers Jazz fans
This aged well.

Just tuning in​

The boxscore indicates that Rivers has defeated Donovan Mitchell in some kind of Highlander style duel and added Mitchell’s power to his own. In the end there can be only one.
This guy gets it. Best comment easily.

Just remember if we lose​

at least some Utah kid will get a scholarship
Every NBA team needs to think this way. Throw a game to the jazz, send a kid to college. We support the tanks!
Alec Burks is the best player in New York Knicks history
@fishonjazz that u?
This game is rigged. Nba, please investigate.
@MeloTheJazzKiller that u?
People wonder why Rudy got paid
This guy gets it too. Oh, and **** Shaq.
108 points isn’t even a lot of points. They really just locked us up
See previous comment.

What the **** is a Highlander style

Where were you in the 90's ?

"In the Highlander franchise, human beings born with the power of "the Quickening" become immortal if they suffer a premature death by non-natural means (such as by violence). ... Immortals can sense each other's presence and may take Quickening power from another of their kind by beheading them."

kM6luE.gif

"In the Highlander franchise, human beings born with the power of "the Quickening" become immortal if they suffer a premature death by non-natural means (such as by violence). ... Immortals can sense each other's presence and may take Quickening power from another of their kind by beheading them."

View attachment 10213
There can be only one.

Approved by Duncan MacLeod of the clan MacLeod

View attachment 10213

View attachment 10213
We absolutely loved that show. So much that I named my son Duncan after Duncan MacLeod.

Dont know why, but this one made me chuckle:

Damn Quick lost the gift of sight​