JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Jazzed to get our normal starting five back

Now we get to see what’s what and who’s who!.

After thinking for a minute about the game, its really kinda of a good match up for us, they play two undersized guards in Mitchell and Conley, wich Luka will definetly look to abuse in the post, and now with DFS and JRich back we have the perimeter personnel to slow them down.

Utah is on a rampage. Expect big numbers from Conley, Gobert, Favors, Ingles, Clarkson and Bojan. Unless the mavs learns to defend again.

Any guesses on who's the random Jazz player that's gonna turn into prime Karl Malone against us? My money's on Royce O'Neale

I actually feel good about this one for several reasons:

Team had an internal discussion after the Denver loss in a game where they played more defense in the 2nd half than they had in the last 2 weeks, KP is obviously looking to bounce back, 2 starters are finally back injecting fresh energy, and also this is the closest Luka has looked so far to his bubble form.

Porzingis will be crucial in this game to pull Gobert out of the paint by making 3s. We should be a good matchup for them, but the way these guys have shot makes me very worried.

damn the Jazz are on an insane winstreak, gonna be rough

Jazz have won 9 straight games.

Dallas gets their starters back after a 2 week lay off.

Should be interesting.

I haven't been able to catch a Jazz game lately, but it sure looks like they're playing well, judging by the results they're getting.

onight, it doesn't look like THJ is even on the same planet as Clarkson, who has 15 points in 10 minutes off the bench!

I apologize. I thought we were a playoff team. I was mistaken. What a terrible 1st half. I'm sorry. That was atrocious to watch. Pathetic effort on both ends of the court.

5-0 run woot. baby steps.

Amazing ... utah with zero roster changes since last season, but playing like a different team ...​

Man this court more pale then the people living in Salt Lake City.

"Make our court in Ingles' image."

Covid boys rusty

KP getting turbo abused already...what is new

Mavs just starting a little slow. This will be an easy win with our talent and coaching advantage tonight.

Luka and KP are getting ****ing cooked in PnR

Everyone knows KP can give you 25 and 12 on any given night. It’s still early in the season and Rudy is in no way worth the extra 50 million

these guys are coming of a back to back?? they look like they have 200% more energy than we do

KP slander or not fact is that we are making Gobert look like prime Wilt Chamberlain.

Does anyone have any actual idea why opposing teams always shoot lights. ****ing. OUT against us??? Why???

Anyone else notice how Luka has no off-ball movement? Just watch him when he’s not handling the ball. He just stands in one spot.

Utah is doing a lot of off the ball movement so Luka will be challenged defensively.

Sigh... I remember when the Mavs could actually make shots.​

Gobert is fueled by this boards hate for him. First half double double.

kp getting bullied in the paint by gobert... yikes man​

Utah is good defense and offense.​

AND self confidence through the roof right now ...​

Feels like it still will be a competitive and down to the wire game.

Between Murray's ejection and catching Utah on a back to back without Mitchell, it seems like the basketball gods are doing everything in their power to get the Mavs back on track.

Tonight is the night to go hard for it. Utah is on the second night of a back-to-back.

The ironic thing is the Mavs are one of the teams constructed to make easy work of Utah...when they're playing well.

giving up a 30 pt quarter to the Jazz without Mitchell is not a great sign

Damn about time Gobert subbed out

oh great now we’ve gone from the team that can’t shoot 3s to the team that can’t shoot 3s and score layups lol

KP vs Gobert is a matchup you tell your grandkids about.... if you're a Utah fan.

Utah is too fundamentally good on both ends.

I don't know Shaq, this Gobert dude seems pretty ****ing good to me

I am gonna watch this whole game thru because im ride or die with this team but this sucks

We may look bad atm, but give coach Snyder his credit, he makes everyone play good hard defense.

that deffensive player of the game belt should be sold on ebay.. there is no need for it anymore

Idc what anyone says Gobert is a monster. He practically nullifies the paint

I still dont know how they play with 100% more effort than us when they are the ones coming from a back to back.

It's really too bad for the Jazz that they had to play a dreaded back-to-back tonight and suffer the attendant lack of energy!

Defense is a joke and Luka and Porzingis dont play together? Carlisle is overrated.

Mitchell wont play, so, please win this

rubbish coach!we have Luka KP,2 Allstar but have not play together time!

Luka selfish?wtf for rubbish Carlisle to said?what your plan for this year for every game? nothing!

No Mitchell for Utah, so no excuse if our team will lose

P..... -29 in 14 mins (next closest is -17).

He is SO out of sorts in regard to having any sort of fit with this team on either end.

The offense is too predictable. Porz is lost.. Luka is injured. Better luck next season.

This is real full team for the first time this year

Jazz is playing back-to-back and without Donovan mitchell. What the Mavs showing these two quarters is really really bad. With full team they cant stop Jordan clarkson or even penetrate Jazz defense? sad

I think I gotta take a few games off so this team can rebuild chemistry with the full squad. This is hard to watch.

Mavs are breaking my heart.

1) I don't like how KP looks on either end, EVEN when he is making shots I generally don't like how he fits in the offense.

2) This team has chemistry issues.

Burke is open in the corner Johnson and you over dribble and then give it to KP for that long distance brick. This team does not play for each other.

This team is so bad... Luka VS. The world. Worst defense in the NBA. Cuban you screwed this team up something awful.

Jordan Clarkson cant miss right now ...​

How can they shoot so well​

And none of our players can hit a barn side

you wouldnt believe which of these 2 teams is on the 2nd night of a back to back missing their best player, what a terrible start​

We look slow, jazz looked fast.​

We need someone to get hot. Please take iwundu out. Clarkston is killing him.

CAN SOMEONE GUARD THIS AUSSIE ****

Jinglin’ Joe and Mustard Gas: the two things that doesn’t discriminate who they kill

Gobert and KP are both max players and both are the "2nd stars" in their teams..... but one is not like the other.

Jazz were literally playing ball less than 24 hours ago

Life's too short to throw away 3 hours, 3 nights a week on this ****** of a product.

rudy gobert is sure clogging the lane for the jazz

KP out of the next game with DNP "sore anus" after what Rudy did to him tonight

This team looks so lost/passive on offense if Luka's not on the floor

They are 7-13 in the first half from 3 pt We are 1/7. Kill me now

Powell on Gobert is comedy

Kristaps Porzingis is a -29. MINUS 29!!! IT'S HALFTIME!

Clarkson, Gobert, and Ingles are all above their average ppg in the first half

compare how jazz players can run at kp and take a floater while lighting up a fat one and how Gobert just murders mavs players under the rim

Jazz look like a team. Mavs look like a bunch of guys who just met for a pickup game. Sorry Rick lovers but this "team" is poorly coached.

They’re on a ****ing back to back lol. When we’re on a back to back we’re unwatchable

And some people said Gobert was overpaid lmao, guy is a monster in the defense

This Jazz team is literally what we should be

Utah just playing at a different gear.

Didnt expect a W to be honest, but I didnt expect -20 in Q2 either ...​

I was hoping for us to get a boost from guys coming back not for us to get worse

Why is nobody even trying to rebound?​

Luka attacks, kicks, someone shoots a three … and nobody is even close to the paint?!?

When you are constantly getting blown out in losses​

I dont think its an overreaction to be upset. It’s one thing to get beat. It’s another thing to not be competitive

This Jazz team is on the 2nd night of a b2b
Missing their best player. And we can’t even put up a fight?

Jazz 8 OREB .. Mavs = 12 TOTAL rebs... Is this real life? People still think they don't need Drummond? At least some toughnes under the rim and hustle?

Oh and how is KP -29 in 14 minutes? Jesus...

Feels like all of their 3s are uncontested ...​

7-13 is surreal …

Mavs is a horrible rebounding team.. find a way to get Drummond. Dallas should not waste Luka's talent.

Were complete right? Whats the excuse now?

The Mavs stink. No heart on defense, no Mitchell and we get blown out. The jazz looked like they were walking around out there just toying with our defense with the pick and roll

Would be nice if anyone tried to get a freaking rebound. How many years in a row are they going to not get a good rebounder

Gobert 13 rb, Portzingis with 2.21 just 1rb??? Trash.

Are we surprised? Anyone with a good rebounding center is a Horrible match up for the Mavs! Even without their best player.

MAVS HAVE NO FORE POWER ONLY LUKA THEY DIDN'T GET HIM NO WEAPONS OFF SEASON MARK CUBAN TRASH

Softap Porzingis has an -29 on the court

I thought dallas will sign jordan clarkson

Heck of an effort!

Gobert dominating KP, Ingles dominating Luka. A thorough *** beating from a team missing their best player and on the second night of a back to back. Sweet!

We really need a sixth man like a Jordan Clarkson. It makes me miss having Jason Terry who you know will light it up once he comes off the bench.

YOU MISS A THREE. YOU MISS A THREE. YOU MISS A THREE. EVERYONE MISSES A THREE (on this Mavs team)

Did you see that beautiful ball movement by the Jazz?

I can't watch this **** anymore. Spend 24 secs swinging the ball around only to give it to Brunson for him to run his head into wall.

Everyone is so scared to have their shot blocked.

I swear to God, if we let Ingles have another 3 I might lose it

How much do you think we would have to pay Hakeem Olajuwon to come out of retirement?

When I heard Mitchell was out, made a last minute bet for us to win. Ooops

lmao Gobert out here playing vs children

Lmfao Gobert is ****ing nasty haha. Please tell me again about spacing and not needing Drummond

If it wasn't for Luka we would make Washington Wizards look like 92 Dream Team

It’s a pick and roll every time to attack Porzingis. EVERY TIME.

This is horrific

Did I just watch them get 4 rebounds in one possession

When is Luka gonna realize that there’s a reason Johnson is open

I don’t normally question Rick but wtf is this?

I hate life.

They look ****ing terrified of gobert

Me too, to be fair.

I've never seen 6 offensive rebounds in a row. That's gotta be a record

They're just forcing everyone in the paint to meet DPOY Gobert

Need shooters against this kind of defense

omg hold me

having someone like clarkson coming off the bench would alleviate so much stress off luka

lmao and of course the Spurs beat the ****ing Celtics I literally despise existing

So pumped for Friday

Btw snyder is what this sub belives rick to be

I would kill to have Gobert on this team. He is amazing I can’t believe people say he’s overrated, overpaid, etc. I think he’s the best player on the Jazz

We're the Washington Wizards of the West.

What’s with this teams obsession with shot fakes? Just shoot the three or don’t you ****s

Thing is Gobert is a defensive monster that's really limiting Luka's midrange game AND we have no one that can guard him on offense

Im having trouble taking Clarkson seriously as a good player. Guy was a a trash chucker for years and suddenly looks like the 6moy.

So that's what offense is supposed to look like.

This game is painful, but on the other hand, I'm now just on awe of some good Jazz basketball

Jesus the Jazz are defending like maniacs

Impressive how lost we are on offense and how good Utah defense is. Brutal.

When the **** was the last time we shot an open shot? We barely make buckets open, why the **** is our game plan to literally take harder shots.

for the love of god can we not play powell when gobert is in.

Ingles is eating us

Wow I've never heard gobert talk. He sounds so different than what I imagined for some reason.

Gobert prolly thinkin about his grocery list while playing lmaooo

Jesus.... get a big man ALREADY. This is embarrassing. Gobert isn't even catching a sweat in the paint

Man this team is terrible. Donovan Mitchell isn't even playing. They need more help for Luka. Or he will definitely leave when he's a free agent.

Jazz’s 3-point shots overwhelmed us. We have no answer.

This is embarrassing..... no chemistry... can’t rebound... can’t defend....no energy......smh.. Luka seems like he doesn’t even feel like playing

When will this madness stop?

porzingis a team worst -24 tonight...​

Let’s be real.​

This is the best a team has played against the Jazz in 10 games. They never gave up.

Another 70 pts given up in a half by this team. I thought we picked up defensive players in the off-season??? Jazz missing their best player and still smoking us.

Luka 2 rebounds , 6 assists in 31 minutes. Brunson, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in 22 minutes.

Thanks to rick carlisle brilliance best coach in the whole galaxies

That sequence there with 4min left in the 2nd quarter when the Jazz grabbed 4 offensive rebounds in a row... YIKES. We have a problem.

Can we put Boban in and play zone!? Gobert having a field day inside.

Or a box and 1 for clarkson when hes playing.

I sense no urgency from Carlisle in adjusting

Allowing gobert with 21 rebounds is a sin

I don’t think Jazz have better players than the Mavs. They have better coaching staff.

Having 3 seven footer with zero defense..., reinforcement (returnee) combined 9pts....not a good sign.

Win by 80 next game. Only way I’ll forget this one.

the pain never ends

We don’t want too see the game Friday night just cancel the season

Bro without his defense Rudy is a 60 overall on 2k with just offense and he cooked us

Even when our players are back, we still suck. who is this team right now?

Harp - "It's going to be interesting to see how this Mavericks team bounces back against the Jazz on Friday."

(Snort) No it's not - Spida will be back and we'll get spanked worse.

Utah's announcers are great by the way.

29 points and 20 rebounds for this board's favorite center.

We are pretty close to Luka going nuclear. Start having some 40 or 50 points games and saying I´m not passing to you bums anymore. Get me some help.

I'd love to see stats on how many of our possessions have three or more different players touch the ball or passes per possession.

Not gonna lie.. this is depressing me.

Nobody wants to hear this, I’m sure, but I think about 60% of this is conditioning.

Doncic is still not at his physical peak form, and he is probably the most well conditioned of all the five starters tonight.

I thought they played really hard for about the first seven minutes of the game.

I do think it's got to be frustrating to play in the Mavs offense right now with how ball dominate Luka is, especially with some of his shot selection and then your second star is jacking up every touch like he's still in warm-ups.

29 and 20 shooting a high percentage versus 18 and 5 shooting a low percentage pretty much accounts for the entirety of the margin of defeat. The Mavs supposed all star center got worked by a superior player and the Mavs lost. That’s all there is to it.

Never seen anyone softer than KP play in a nba game. He’s allergic to contact, shooting 40 foot 3pts when your 7’3 smh

2-6 with 3 of those losses being ****ing blowouts... we can pretend this team will turn it around but don't come on here begging for everything to be sunshine and rainbows on this sub

has there ever been a close mavericks and jazz game? its always a blow out on either side it seems

We are playing against Utah that played last night and their star player isn't even playing. How are we losing this hard? Do we lack talent or effort? It's also so tiring to see our players not showing up every night. We probably need another team huddle.

They have just better players. KP can't do **** against Gobert, too soft.

They are the hottest team in the league right now. Their players know how to do their ****. That Jazz team isnt all about Mitchell.

The league better not sleep on these Utah boys or they’re gonna keep getting blown out.

The Utah Jazz are undefeated since announcing a program to give a scholarship away per win.

Someone explain Porzingis to me

We didn't belong on the same court as the Jazz tonight. They're on a different level, have won 10 straight, nine of them by double digits and killed us without Mitchell tonight. Credit where it's due, the Jazz are amazing

Not a single highlight in this sub from this game. Jazz were down 2 key players, on a 9 game win streak, blowing out a good team, and the NBA is talkin’ about the nets squeaking out a win in OT against the hawks.

Don't let the score fool you. This game wasn't close after the 2nd quarter. First game of a home at home series against Utah and we looked just bad tonight.

Dominant first 3 quarters from Gobert, most of the Mavs refused to attack the rim against him which limited Luka's playmaking and KP provided no resistance defensively.

Gobert still not good enough stat line for Shaq

Gobert trully is Utah's best player. By far.

Didn't the Jazz get Clarkson for some 2nd rounders? Absolutely insane value on that trade

Gobert coughed all over shaq tonight

Completelly destroyed us. Not only we have no ine to stop him, he stops everyone not named luka from even approaching the basket.

Also we are terrible at switching and with Gobert screening that problem multiplied by 200

KP with the casual -24

Well on the bright side at least we know the FO has to watch these games too

These guys have zero trade value. Look at KPs contract. Atrocious

This was PATHETIC.

I’m speechless.

I have no speech.

I just figured today would be a tipping point. Guess not.

Man this court more pale then the people living in Salt Lake City.
"Make our court in Ingles' image."
The Court of the Almighty Jingles.

KP vs Gobert is a matchup you tell your grandkids about.... if you're a Utah
This guy gets it.
Mavs just starting a little slow. This will be an easy win with our talent and coaching advantage tonight.
This one aged well.
don't know Shaq, this Gobert dude seems pretty ****ing good to me
This guy gets it too.
Jinglin’ Joe and Mustard Gas: the two things that doesn’t discriminate who they kill
Best quote.
KP out of the next game with DNP "sore anus" after what Rudy did to him tonight
Laughed out loud at this, woke up my wife.
YOU MISS A THREE. YOU MISS A THREE. YOU MISS A THREE. EVERYONE MISSES A THREE (on this Mavs team)
Another full LOL
The Utah Jazz are undefeated since announcing a program to give a scholarship away per win.
Yep. "Lose this one and little Timmy doesn't go to school" really works!
Didn't the Jazz get Clarkson for some 2nd rounders? Absolutely insane value on that trade
Even better. Got him for some Ded guy.

Jazz’s 3-point shots overwhelmed us. We have no answer.

Who does? That's the beauty of it all. No one has an answer for this level of 3pt shooting.

Gobert prolly thinkin about his grocery list while playing lmaooo
rudy_dribble.gif

After thinking for a minute about the game, its really kinda of a good match up for us, they play two undersized guards in Mitchell and Conley, wich Luka will definetly look to abuse in the post, and now with DFS and JRich back we have the perimeter personnel to slow them down.
Amazing how everything in that statement was wrong.
Come again?
I am gonna watch this whole game thru because im ride or die with this team but this sucks
What a sucker!!!
Everyone knows KP can give you 25 and 12 on any given night. It’s still early in the season and Rudy is in no way worth the extra 50 million
Try again, idiot!!!!
One of the best Ingles quotes I’ve read yet.
Well on the bright side at least we know the FO has to watch these games too
ROTFL

Love it JA!

The "Gobert coughed all over Shaq" comment is hilarious. A lot of deep praise coming from our friends in Dallas.

"Did you see that beautiful ball movement by the Jazz?"

"We didn't belong on the same court as the Jazz tonight. They're on a different level, have won 10 straight, nine of them by double digits and killed us without Mitchell tonight. Credit where it's due, the Jazz are amazing"

"Utah's announcers are great by the way."

Last edited: