JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
https://www.facebook.com/OrlandoMagic/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrlandoMag..._game_thread_the_utah_jazz710_obliterate_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrlandoMagic/comments/7du491/pregame_thread_utah_jazz_610_orlando_magic_87/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrlandoMag...thread_utah_jazz_610_orlando_magic_87_nov_18/
https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2017/11/18/16674312/magic-versus-jazz-game-thread
https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.c...ic-match-worst-home-loss-in-franchise-history
http://forum.truebluenation.com/index.php?/topic/254851-magic-vs-utah/&page=1
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1638221

Pregame

I hope the smiles wil be even bigger tonight after another victory!, GO MAGIC!

I think not only should we win tonight, but we better win by at least 8 points.

1.Utah Jazz are playing in our building
2.No Rudy Gobert
3.DJ Augustin is back tonight
4.Jazz are a very beatable team especially without Gobert

NO excuses

We should win this

I am more interested in seeing how these guys start, I am hoping we have this game won in the middle of the 3rd qtr.

Jazz coming off a back to back, Gobert and Rubio out. Rookie PG starting who is naturally a two guard. Nets PG had a career night against them last night. Crystal ball says W.

Would be really shocked if we lost. Jazz are out key players and on a back to back on the road.

The Utah coach looks like a movie bad guy

Gamethread

How many times are we going to lose a guy and leave him wide open

rubio a scorer now?

Can we go back to the 1Q and try this again?

We don't deserve highlights this game

Joe Ingles is giving me Hedo Turkoglu feelings

At least favors hasn't shot more than 7 times

This may be a good time to consider some of our G league guys!

if we aren't gonna defend can we at least put up 150 like houston?

I don't believe what I am seeing!*

Man Favors is just having his way with Vuc right now.

jazz has many wide open 3,sigh

And that 3 there by Hood, he just steps around a screen and fires in the open shot. You're not supposed to be able to do that if you're a good shooter. Teams don't let our shooters do that. If we want an open 3 for Fournier, we have to run him across the whole court through a million screens.

Utah runs their offense and gets an easy look on just about every play. We just freelance and pray that we get hot from 3.

Hood's just a good player. He's a sharpshooter, he can make good passes, and he can get his hands in lanes. I'd love to have him on this team.

Mitchell, too.

Payton leaving Ingles wide open like a moron. If you can’t shoot or defend what use are you as an NBA player?

Favors is absolutely destroying Vuc right now. It is pretty depressing to watch.

Our starters are still playing almost even with theirs, but our bench got destroyed.

I'm at this game right behind the Jazz bench. This performance is 100% lack of effort. Defense is a turnstile and offense is just standing around. Feel like they are stealing my money.

This Jazz team is down their best player, on the second game of a road back to back, and absolutely destroying us. All this following a 3 game losing streak. This was a must win game and the performance is embarrassing.*

Quinn Synder looks like T-1000

Ingles and Thefalosha are two guys I REALLY wanted this summer. Pretty obvious why if you are watching this game.

yea ingles is good all around player .Can shoot lights out, pass and play with high IQ

hood is unstoppable

Sucks we don't have a defensive guy we can goto in this situation who also doesn't play like he's wearing oven mitts on the other end.

How the f*** are we giving up 60+ to the ****ing Jazz in a half? This is absolutely inexcusable and says something about our defense.

Jazz looking like they're coming off a rest instead of a back-to-back game

I feel good about this game tonight. The Magic had 3 days rest and Utah had to play last night. We are going to come out in the 3rd quarter looking like the Warriors.

Utah is playing pretty good defense.

rodney hood go away

Hood has 31 without hitting a single free throw

moral of a story: Don't build your offense on 3 point shooting when one out of 5 starters is actually good at it

Holy crap, Rodney Hood is torching the Magic now lol.

I'm actually laughing now. This is like a comedy.

Hilarious how Hood is still open. Does no one care? At this point in the game you let a guy get a free dunk off a double team before you let Hood continue to fuel the towel waving on their bench.

31 points, 7 threes +/- of +33 Rodney not Steph Curry Hood

lol...sure...dont guard the guy absolutely lighting it up from 3. it'll all be fine.

Rodney Hood shooting like he is in a practice gym by himself which is basically how our defense looks anyways tbh.

It is like Biz has magnets in his hands repelling the ball with magnets in it.

I might go deep on Craigslist Casual Encounters tonight. Pic for pic? Meet at a sketchy location? Sure why not.

-39 for Afflalo in 19 mins.

Postgame

My apologies to anyone who actually went to this game to watch this crap live.

Vuc with a grand total of 2 rebounds tonight. That is absolutely pathetic.

When i saw that Gobert is out i was like : yeaaa easy win hahh

I feel sorry for the fans to attend this game. Magic players should pay for their tickets.

I’m embarrassed/disgusted/ashamed to say that I actually witnessed this game live.

You know it's bad when im rooting for us to atleast come out down an even 40 to satisfy my OCD....

You could tell from the off that Snyder had the Jazz ready to play and not feel sorry for themselves that they lost to the Nets last night and had a late flight to Orlando.

13 assists for the game, wow.

I don't even have words. Call me when we have players that act like they want to play basketball.

I never thought we would get stomped like this.

What a complete and utter humiliation. Nothing good to say about this one.

Jazz destroy Magic by +40 point... shame on you Tragic. Trade that Mario P***y and TragicRoss

0 energy 0 effort 0 reason to watch. I understand you can’t win them all and I understand rough patches, but it’s hard to support a team that gives that kind of effort

Our guys on defense all look like James Harden. Good lord

34 second half points. I’m not a coach, but I don’t think that’s gonna cut it

Shame , shame , shame !!!

Unacceptable. Losing to a team without a road win, coming off of a game at Brooklyn last night, and losing by 40.*

Why am I not surprised they get obliterated by the jazz without joe johnson and rudy gobert... no ball movement, everyone playing for themselves, lots of one on one ball..looks like last year...no defense either..

Pathetic!!! Thank you for the embarrassment tonight. Biyombo has to go end of story.

There should be a rule. If you lose by 40 points then you forfeit your entire day’s pay to me. I will collect it all lol

Went to tonight’s game kinda disappointed

Sad. Jazz a bad team that hadn't won on the road all season. Wtf happened

40 points!!!!! Wtf!!!!! Why are we paying these guys money!!!!

40 point loss against utah f**king jazz for crying out loud

Man how horrifically embarrassing

Whaaaaaaat..... The F?

***** happened?!

40 point L, decent.

Up next: Another lose at home

I'm usually a very optimistic guy, adopting a more forgiving and understanding approach to the team, but this game was just, well, ridiculous.

Up and away the worst game of the year for us, and the excuses are starting to wither away. There is no scenario we should be losing to a Utah Jazz team that has no Gobert & is coming off a back to back, and not only did we do that, we got f***ing assblasted by 40!

Unless you are a "unicorn", offensive minded centers are not going to work with the trends of today's nba. You have to have a center who is either defensive minded with competent offense or a rebounding bruiser. We have none of that and I think vuch would only work on the bench for a contender.

I won $430 on this game and i still feel bad :/

Hood killed us with 31 points. Who was guarding him?

I watched it, all you need to know is that this game never happened. Do yourself a favor and don't watch the replay.

Not watching was the best thing you could do for yourself today.

“How to Waste a Good Start to a Season” by the 2017-18 Orlando Magic

The Magic returned to Orlando from the West Coast in desperate need of a win. Instead they suffered one of the most lopsided and humiliating home losses in franchise history.

The Jazz at one point held a 46-point lead.

Payton leaving Ingles wide open like a moron. If you can’t shoot or defend what use are you as an NBA player?

Payton is not an NBA player and shouldn't be in the league. He came in as a great defender who couldnt shoot not he is a eh defender who cant shoot.

Jazz would be happy to have Payton instead of Exum... Xthren probably missed last years game when he dropped 28, 9, 9 on Jazz.

Jazz would be happy to have Payton instead of Exum... Xthren probably missed last years game when he dropped 28, 9, 9 on Jazz.
I would put money that no one from the Jazz would trade Exum for Payton right now.

I would put money that Orlando would die of laughing if they would hear that offer from Jazz. They could have drafted Exum if they wanted. Yet they saw that he is nowhere near the player he was hyped to be.