What's new

Quotes from Pacers' forums-"Rudy Gobert took everyone money in the second half."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Pre Game

We might have dodged a bullet by not re-signing Bogey. He's having a down year despite the team being elite on both ends. McDermott's put up better numbers, granted its been against mostly backups.
He'll probably drop 30 on us since I put this in the game thread

I will be pleasantly surprised if we can keep the difference in the single digits.

Wade owns part of the Jazz? Wow. Give me 25 guess and I would never have guessed the Jazz as the team he bought into.​

The Pacers have a winning record against the West, a winning record on the road, and are still sub-.500.

Talk about a bizarre season so far.

Not a typo. 3PM tip. Shout out to all our euro fans.

I miss Bogey.

Hindsight being 2020 I definitely wish we would've kept him. He embodied pacers basketball. Guy always played hard as hell and with a chip on his shoulder. I'll forever love BOJAAAAAAAN

The Jazz ball movement is immaculate

1st Half

If Sabonis can keep hitting 3s, would help a lot v. Goebert.

Why is this game at 3 on a Friday?

What has gotten into Brogdon’s rebounding.

I hesitate to say this. But pacers defense looks pretty good so far.

This is the best pacers defense I’ve seen in weeks

Ylyasova is always a good get to whoever gets him, no idea why they keep moving the guy. He’s been a pain in our *** for 13 years

hahaha Mini Jokic is killing them

We still have 3:30 to go, but can we say this has been the most complete half given the opposition we're playing?

Wow. We needed those two threes. 6 points in 3 seconds.

That may have been the best half of basketball I’ve seen all season

Not to take away from Pacers, who are playing great so far, but the Jazz look like they’re in the middle of their afternoon naps. Hopefully they don’t wake up until about 4:00 local time

this is where we are taking advantage of the fact that coffee is hard to find in utah

Well I'm very impressed by how crisp our defensive rotations are today​

Ugh nevermind​

I didn't like that call, but I don't know what the right call is.

Utah moves the ball so freaking good

Gobert has no ability to guard the 3 point line. Sabonis and bdtize should be able to get all the open 3s they want

How in the hell is this team just 9-16 at home? If they were just around a disappointing .500 at home, they’d be 30-24.

I have a bad feeling about this​

I can see that 17 point lead evaporating between now and the first of the third.

Pretty impressive to drop 70 on Utah in a half.​

dont blow it pls

Why can't we play like this every night

Huge run for the Jazz to close the half just for us to score 6 points in 3 seconds and bring it back to 13

2nd Half

We haven't outscored a team in the 3rd or 4th quarter the past 5 games

Ha! Nice play Sabonis! Tried to shoot LEFT HANDED over Gobert without a fake of any kind. Got his shot pitched and then laid on the floor looking helplessly at the official.

for ****s sake stop going over gobert on those screens

Worst two minutes of basketball in Pacers history. I don’t think they made a pass and made ZERO EFFORT on D.

Kick to the balls. That is what this game is.

Kept forcing the ball to Sabonis and now the Jazz are back in it.... ridiculous

Oh **** no. Not Mitchell.

Oh no Mitchell hope he is alright looks awfully scary hope it's nothing serious.

Aaron Holiday thinks he’s better than what he is and I’m sick of it

Jazz are on a 10-0 run and Lamb is running up the floor, jacking up 3s with 20 seconds on the shot clock. Ten years ago, every coach in the league would have benched you immediately.

These bunch of selfish and lazy players should leave the team next season. The Murphy/Dunleavy team is way better to watch than this current team. N8 should go as well for his failure to rein his players.

No, not like this...

Mitchell is one of my favorite players outside of the Pacers. Damn I hope he's ok. Would hate for Utah's current season to be derailed by something like that

Baby Arms with a +/- of -14, but he does put up the kind of stats drunk morons like to talk about at the bar so that's pretty cool.

This was not unexpected. Great teams clamp down at winning time and teams like the pacers get tight and can’t hit shots.

The first half was fun, but the reality is we are just not a good team. We desperately need quality athletic players.

Utah's commentators are as bad as their NBA writers, the whole thing is them promoting every trash player on that team like they are the greatest thing ever.

It feels like Domas playing with 14 AHOL'S....This team sucks...New Nate sucks...Domas deserves more

God our offense has gone to ****. It's ugly right now​

Jesus Gobert just obliterated Sabonis...​

I'm sure I'd like Rudy if he was a Pacer​

But right now, a return-the-favor nards shot would be fine with me

who’s this guy Oni, #81…love these dudes that look like they won a contest or something

I would like to believe that a healthy Jazz can beat a healthy Lakers in a 7 game series.

12/42 in the 2nd half. Jazz have 20 TOs and we are down 7. Yuck​

A Sabonis 3 is definitely the shot you're looking to get down 7 in the 4th quarter​

Fourth quarters were a bad idea and should be abolished.

Rudy has just shut out the paint completely. Wow​

The good news is with that Jazz basket at the end of the 3rd we technically didn’t blow the huge lead in the 4th quarter! Yay I guess...

Can someone please scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon and put them in a blender while giving me a lobotomy

Well it was looking like a huge win for us today but of course we can’t have nice things

The only way we can win games is by driving it down their throats but apparently our stamina is similar to a 40 year old with asthma and we die in the 2md half

Let's maybe stop attacking Gobert every play?

That’s what I’m saying, he’s clearly playing pissed right now

Don’t you start something you can’t finish Pacers

Edmond Sumner, one of the most quiet and genuinely nice dudes around is being accused of doing that intentionally by people?? What the **** is wrong with everyone... Praying that there's no ligament damage and that it was only a hyperextension or sprain. Injuries suck man

I see why Rudy is tops for defensive player of the year no disrespect to Myles but he is on another level my goodness.

God Rudy Gobert just looks like a douchebag

Why does he throw his leg so far out against Mitchell... not a good look for the pacers

Didn’t say he caused the injury. Just a bad look extending your leg out that high up. Calm down sweet cheeks

do u guys remember when we were up 13 a little bit ago

Brogon sure likes putting up layup-line layups on Gobert…starting to doubt his rep as one of the league’s thinkers

It is absurd how awful we are at rebounding.

I should have have gone back to sleep when they were up 17​

Knowing what would follow..

yet another blown lead

I mean we blew a 17 point lead and they didn’t have Mitchell

The 4th quarter Pacers might be the worst team in nba history

Gobert has owned us this half

Post Game

Not that mad about this one even though we blew the lead because Gobert prevented us from getting to the paint and they are one of the best defensive teams, also without two of our best players it is hard to stay consistent, but we have a good stretch of winnable games coming up.

this might make my top 10 favorite chokes of the year for sure

someone fought hard, but it wasn't us

Say what you will, Utah and Denver, in addition to being good, have a Mountain High advantage.

18 FGA more than the opponent and still lose by 8 points. That is simply a lack of quality - no more and no less

Rudy Gobert took everyone money in the second half.

Can some smart offensive mind tell me why we dont have more guys cutting to the basket when our offense bogs down in the 4th? This seems like a way to get easy buckets sometimes. What gives?

Fun game to watch overall, Utah got Ingles and Bogdanovic Pacers don't.

Aaron Holiday was sucking this game. Why did he play 17 minutes and more importantly, why was he playing in the 4th quarter? Nate sucks at player rotations.

We do not have a player on the roster that can take over a game or even step up and keep the game close.

Sabonis and Brogdon are supposed to be intelligent players. Why did Brogdon challenge Gobert directly and Sabonis did the same thing multiple times. There is no way they are winning that one on one.

If we don’t screw it up, Goga will be an all-star in a couple of years.

Who would have ever thought the 2021 Pacers would have held a lead over a solid opponent deep into the third quarter and then completely fall apart offensively in the fourth? Didn't see that one coming...

Utah's defense kicked in the second half and their offense woke up.

I mean they're one of the best teams in the league, no one should be surprised we lost. And frankly I think we did well to hang as we did.

I'm not a Myles hater at all but we do look better without him. It's time to move on.

As others have said we're much closer to being a very good offensive team than a very good defensive team. Myles' skillset runs counter to that.

Bricking 3 after 3 in 4th. That can’t be your only offense late in the game. Good teams tighten up the defense and pressure the shooters more.

This coach is trash.

Sabonis got bullied by Gobert in the paint and coach still didn't let Goga play. He could even play instead of Sumner in the 4th pure coaching loss.

I feel bad for the Pacers PR person who has to come up with something positive to say... "Umm, I dunno... fought hard??"

Can you guys just suck in the first quarter, so the 4th is actually close for once?

Sabonis was brilliant in the 1st half, in thd 2nd he was useless and eaten by Gobert, I think should have been given more time to

Goga

Fought hard 69 points in 1st half only 42 in 2nd yeah that's fighting really hard. It's a 48 minute game play 48 minutes.

Up 17, Jazz best player out, still lose by almost double digits

Care to explain why this team is historically bad in the second half, especially in the 4th quarter. Where tf is the late game energy. Where’s the spark?? Offense disappears game after game late.

Someone needs to tell the Raptors that they accidentally left their garbage in Indy

worst second half of the year according to Scott Agness

It’s amazing how bad this team can perform with all the talent they have. I think they all need a good therapist cause individual players have issues and need a new coach

Anyone who thought our lead was safe at any point during this game has not watched the Indiana Pacers this year.

Excuse me while I AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

It's interesting to see how often there is a "this is the best I see our team play this season" kind of comments from the opposite fans this year. And we still win.

Rudy Gobert took everyone money in the second half.

original.gif

Crazy stat....Gobert contested 39 shots last night and allowed only 38% on those shots. He leads the league in contesting shots at 19.5 a game. Think about the equivalent of doubling the league leading average in a game. 60+ points, 28+ rebounds, 20+ assists...that's what Gobert did with contesting shots and he wasn't even playing hard until the second half.

Incredible. Also shows how egregious our defensive strategy is lol.

It's interesting to see how often there is a "this is the best I see our team play this season" kind of comments from the opposite fans this year. And we still win.
Yeah but usually it's because we have been stinking it up to that point and have dug ourselves a double-digit hole. If we had better starts and played with more consistent we wouldn't see these comments as often. Basically, our ****** play makes the other team look like the 97 bulls. It's aggravating.

Yeah but usually it's because we have been stinking it up to that point and have dug ourselves a double-digit hole. If we had better starts and played with more consistent we wouldn't see these comments as often. Basically, our ****** play makes the other team look like the 97 bulls. It's aggravating.
I agree that we start slowly too often. But it's also a result of teams giving their best effort against us, especially in the beginnings of the game, when they have energy to defend in a very physical way.