What's new

Quotes from Pelicans forums(I)-"Jazz jerseys so damn ugly. Banana laffy taffy looking mfers"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

3-0

Them jazz boys gonna be singing the blues tonight

Pelicans are 8 point favorites. Not sure what to make of that

Pelicans bout to win by 30+

I like the fact that Utah and San Antonio have been embracing the competition rather than going into early tank mode.

Interesting that the three teams sitting on top of the NBA Western division are:

…Pelicans who started last season 1-12.

…Jazz who completely gutted their team in the off season.

…Blazers who were arguably the worse team in the league at the end of last season.

Memo to the Jazz: Flock off. We got this one.

these jazz uniforms...travesty

Home opener. Sold out crowd. Name stealing ****s.

We have every reason to get up for tonights game and I expect the team to come out with energy. Same situation as the Hornets game - we have the talent but they arent to be slept on. Jazz have some real shooters and Conley looks like he is turning back the clock in his natural PG position after the departure of Donovan. Jazz dished out 40 assists & shot 50 3s vs Minnesota - hitting at a 40% clip - we will lose if we arent defensively sound.

Or teh following - "Utah Salties', the "Utah Polygamists" the "Utah Drymouths", the "Utah Mormons", the "Utah Teabiscuits", or the "Utah Cahoots"

They may not have the same group, but still, **** the Jazz.

Made a $10 bet with a -6.5 spread in favor of the Pels with my dad since he’s a huge jazz fan. I have no worries about it lol

Hope Pels can score first (and then keep scoring). Keep the NEVA TRAILED and only tied at 0-0 streak alive!! Hype crowd, fast start, 3-0 let's gooooooooo

Edit: The New Orleans Pelicans have led for a total of 94 minutes and 28 seconds. The New Orleans Pelicans have been tied (0-0) for a total of 1 minute and 32 seconds. The New Orleans Pelicans have trailed for a total of zero seconds.

Hopefully there’s a few minutes of garbage time when the Pels are up by 30 and NAW gets some minutes. If that happens we should give him some love.

It's YOUR New Orleans Jazz vs the Utah Knee Length Jean Shorts

Props to those Mormon leagues, some of those dudes can ball. Very aggressive games too! Repression aggression.

1st Half

Noooooo!!!! We're behind!!!!!!

Once again, Pels getting hammered and no call. Utah gets a touch foul

Why are the Jazz lowkey good

Man jazz got a good team what a good game time to take over tho let’s gooo!

God damn, BI even got me into the air on that pump fake lmaooo

Ingram doesn’t even hit the rim anymore. Just swish after swish

TIL Rudy Gay is still in the NBA.

Bruh it blew my mind too lmaooo

These Jazz jerseys are both basic & offensive visually

Rudy Gay 500 years old LMAO

The Utah club came to play but we'll get it

Would’ve liked to see better focus/energy coming out the gate against Utah in the home opener

Don’t let them hang around and make this a game please

How Rudy Gay playing at 64 years old smh

Arm wrestling winner completely cheated how do they allow that

KELLY OLYNIK GETS A BETTER WHISTLE THAN ZION LOL

Jazz are not as bad as everyone thinks. They got some tall dudes on their squad

Ugh. Can’t get out worked by a bad team

The alley oop is one of the things that needs to be incorporated in the Pelicans offense. Zion can get that every single time, so can Hayes. They will need that. Easy and low maintenance shot. It’s gotta become consistent.

lauri markkanen cooking us wtf

Zion hasn't got a free throw

yeah sure refs

This is why Brandon Ingram is the Pelicans best player. They just look off without him on the court.

I can’t watch no more! My nerves too bad! It’s ridiculous!

These refs need to be investigated

Refs giving the big market jazz the win

jazz good?

I truly do not understand how they are getting every call and Zion gets nothing.

Make some trades we need more quality off the bench

We’re feeding into the Mormon trap we need to relax and play our game

You know that none of the Jazz players are “Mormon”, right?

It's just vintage Naji to make some superb defensive plays to keep us in the game, but also merc BI in the face and knock him into a locker room concussion.

Going to lose the home opener to the Jazz

The jazz are a super team that Adam sliver used to push his sick agenda. If we lose the jazz need to be investigated

Utah is running the same offensively play to Kessler every time when we going to stop it.

Zion has 9 attempts at the rim and 0 FTA with 1:53 left in the 2nd. Make it make sense.

Foul??? Hello???? Kelly’s goofy *** just fell!

We playing with no energy and playing down to the competition.

The refs for this UTAH game need to be under investigation for tampering call all for the Jazz they want us to lose.

Our d fence can’t guard the damn jazz

for some reason i really don't like Kelly Olynyk

Yeah **** that bitch. He’s j crowder all over.

Kevin Love sends his regards.

Jordan Clarkson terrifies me

He’ll throw up any jackass shot and there’s a solid chance he could hit it

2nd Half

Refs haven't helped, but Pels have been out-rebounded, have more turnovers, fewer assists and given up way too many easy baskets...utah has only 6 three point shots.

if we don't start playing EXTREMELY physical (playoff-type physicality) we lose tonight...

Brandon Ingram (head injury) will not return to tonight’s game vs. Utah. He is being evaluated for concussion-like symptoms.

kill me

2.25 games before we lost a starter. New record!

My heart is pumping too much for the 3rd game of season

I’m honestly not loving what I’m seeing from Zion on either side. He continues to not change his approach offensively despite them having the length piled up on him in the paint. Then on the other side he’s plying lazy. I watched him “close out” the corner twice about as sluggish as you could. Looks very disengaged. Letting the refs get to him.

Utah is traveling so much

Jazz jerseys so damn ugly

Banana laffy taffy looking mfers

This type of team will always be hard for us, 3 point shooting with a guard that can penetrate. The part that is surprising me was Kessler because he is muting JV

Markannen is using Herb...

didn't get to start watching until much later in the game, but just based on the box score, a few things jump out to me. Big V is MIA. Everyone on the Jazz is getting in on the action. The free throw disparity. Heard BI went out and they have a lineup featuring Jose and Graham in at the same time.....Yikes

Jazz is flat out whipping our ***

Wait that last shot wasn’t tipped?

Letting Rudy “AARP” Gay out hustle you for offensive rebounds is embarrassing. I hope Willie lays into this team’s effort tonight.

Swear it looked like it was lmao. Commentators saying nah

I’m uneasy to say the least

Wtf that last bucket counted?

Preparing for someone on the jazz here to make some miracle shot

I gotta hand it to Utah they got a scrappy squad. Been a hard fought game on both sides.

Yeah, next level frickerery going on by these refs

This is stupid that I'm this nervous about game #3 of the season.

CJ taking control in crunch time

Lmao that’s obviously a 3 you gave Utah a 20 second timeout

This is strength vs strength. We are a inside the paint team that thrives on second chance points. They are a finesse 3pt shooting team. Unfortunately, the league caters to the latter and that’s why they have 18 FT attempts to our 6.

Very rough. BI got a concussion, sloppy turnovers, Utah shooting like they’re all world, and the refs are absolutely atrocious for the 2nd game in a row

Pelicans have so much talent that they should win this. Jazz are just playing without worries. They got nothing to lose.

Imagine having your jerseys be neon yellow with your team name in all-caps box lettering.

These refs need to get punched by tspoon. I’ll sell my house to pay her fine.

this game should be on national television

I can’t stand Olynyk dude. Anytime something goes his way I want to set something on fire

I'm sandwiched between the two most spreadleg mother ****ers on earth right now. I wish id stayed home.

Lauri is a beast man god damn

The jazz had like 4 of the unlikeliest shots fall in a row

Every possession for Utah was just way too easy offensively man

****, BI having concussion like symptoms probably means he misses Tuesday game huh?

Are we really letting Kelly Olynyk torch us

I swear Utah had played their starters this entire game

Jazz really hitting some absurd shots this quarter, what is going on

Jordan Clarkson is a hooper man

Thank God Zion’s alright, **** gave me PTSD especially after seeing Scottie go down in that Heat game from last night.

How come this seems to happen every time we play Utah

My blood pressure is going nuts

Sons, I’m sweating over here.

Damn, I'm proud of both of these teams. One of the best games i've seen in a long time!

Holy ****ing mackerel! Back from 17 down to force OT!

Man I don't watch basketball much but can you not play any contact d without getting a foul I mean that some ridiculous calls right??

5 fouls to 0 on OT

Olynik literally fumbled that ball into the basket.

Wtf are the Jazz feeding Lauri, Olynyk and Clarkson? What a game!

xNot sure how Willie doesn’t call a timeout on that second to last possession when it was clearly not working. Not sure how you don’t immediately foul Olynyk when he gets the inbound. Let him face the pressure of hitting two to take the lead and give yourself at least 6 seconds to get down the floor and make a decent game winning attempt. Oh well. Really really frustrating loss.

Who’s gonna be guarding Clarkson on this final play

He’s probably gonna get the ball

That was the most ******** game winner ever

Can’t believe they let that goofy ************ just throw up a ******** shot and win that game. With 8 seconds on the clock you foul immediately and take your chances on a game winner.

The truth is that is they called Zion fairly he would get a lot of offensive fouls as well. Not sure he would be able to stay in the game with the lazy reaching defense he plays on top of 2 or 3 offensive fouls as well. He really needs at least 1 pull up move like Malone had. It would extend his career as well.

The truth is that is they called Zion fairly he would get a lot of offensive fouls as well. Not sure he would be able to stay in the game with the lazy reaching defense he plays on top of 2 or 3 offensive fouls as well. He really needs at least 1 pull up move like Malone had. It would extend his career as well.
Not to mention he initiates contact pretty much every time he has the ball, it is his only move. Put his head down and run the other guy over. Already getting superstar treatment as he could be called for offensive foul with regularity. A no-call is about the best the refs can do in the situation. He is kind of his own worst enemy.