JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Lauri's out with a hand issue, but this is just straight up trolling by the Jazz. The prodigal G-League king returns

The Utah Jazz are signing center Luka Samanic to a 10-day contract out of the NBA G League's Maine Celtics, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Samanic is averaging 20.6 points and 10.8 rebounds in G League.

Man, Mavs really missed here. Luka-Luka lobs would have been something

The jazz been doing smart business lately, handling the end of the season terrifically since the deadline

Not going to be pretty. Keldon, Devin, and Jeremy all listed as OUT.

Almost rather help the Mavs win that last game and ensure that top 10 protected FRP sends on to the Knicks lol just for Dallas to lose in the Play In/Playoffs anyway

Haven't looked at the odds, maybe this isn't possible mathematically but if so I say give it away lol

Spurs sitting all their main guys on fan appreciation night

Going to this game. Is this injury report real?

I just realized Luka Samanic is on the Jazz roster

1st Half

great! remember the memo, play hard but not too well

These aren’t the spurs I grew up watching

Holy $#&@
Both teams putting out G league teams

Sammich +9 the best +/- on the floor in the 1st half

Samanic revenge game?

I refuse to believe Johnny Juzang is a real person

Crazy this is Luka’s first game against the Spurs since we cut him

lol this team actually let THT drops 16 in the first quarter alone. Lord helps us.

Today I learned that Trey Jones really really really cannot guard Horton Tucker. I'm not sure how many times San Antonio needs to realize they need not to switch small guards onto him or give him wide wide open three-point shots

2nd Half

Checking in at halftime from row 17 on the corner nearest the Spurs bench, this is what I saw.

Frankly, I’m not sure what I saw. A lot of empty possessions interspersed with plays not normal for us that somehow found the basket. The only one who can hit a shot, was an airman basic who won $3,000 for the half court shot. We were below 40 percent late in the second quarter.

The defense cannot stop the Jazz from penetrating. But apparently the Jazz themselves can.

Our 3-point shooting is full of gamblers fallacy. We could not hit the ones we should, and then we show sign of life late in the second, and hit a few on the move that no one would have bet on.

And still we are within 2 at the half.

Everyone has noticed Luka Saminic looks like he can play, and there are a lot of boos from people asking where was that game when he played here?

Whether it’s winning or tanking you can never beat Pop

Post-Game

We officially clinch bottom three!

Elite tanking by us.

Letting THT drop 41 is worthy of relegation to the G League

Spurs letting Talentless Horton Tucker keep the tank on the rails vs a very tank worthy opponent is why Pop is rightfully a hall of famer.

Quotes from around the league

I just looked at the Spurs schedule;

Warriors, Kings, Suns, Blazers, Timberwolves, Mavs

There are like four teams in there anxious about their seeding. There is incredible opportunity to be pure chaos.

Holy **** I just his box score what the ****, hell yeah THT get it

Theoretically has talent

This is what real ranking does. It ruins your in game quotes. Glad we only have the bottom 3rd of the season that we have to feel this way. Has to be exhausting and demoralizing for a fan base to watch their team be that terrible.

We are seriously ****ing up this tank. Not a good win. They won this, no matter what the scoreboard said.

Their tank is obviously bigger than ours.
the sad part is the guys they played have as much skill as any of our unprovens. we could have lost with no THT and no Walker. If we were really tanking that is.
I think the Jazz coaches knew they would win using g leaguers, and garbage minute guys who are hungry. That was the plan to do so since they are already out of the play in barring Dallas OKC and NOP all turn on the tank despite not looking like it now.