What's new

Quotes from the Celtics forums - "Joe freaking Ingles out-rebounded anyone on our squad"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/12/boston_celtics_utah_jazz_kyrie.html

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/12/15/16783600/celtics-cant-find-the-basket-in-107-95-loss-to-utah

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/12...-jonas-jerebko-and-the-utah-jazz-to-td-garden

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1647908

Pregame

Kyrie and Al bout to do em dirty tonight. Jazz can't handle the 5-out offense.

Excited to watch Mitchell play. I know he's been great but haven't caught a jazz game yet this year.

This Mitchell Donovan may be good enough for All-Rookie team, but for anyone to think he is close to Tatum, very wrong. He does a lot of things, but to get near to Tatum he has to take twice as many shots. He was a very good acquisition by the Jazz, will be a very useful and versatile player for them, but he does not deserve to see his name mentioned alongside that of Tatum.

Mitchell is a fearless rookie, and Quin Snyder has awesome hair. Nonetheless, if the Cs can do a good job defending Mitchell and Ingles, this should be a win.

Hard to cheer about well run organization like the jazz, small market but good constant franchise.

Gamethread

I think Gobert just got hurt pretty bad :(

Damn man. Not like this

Great, Favors just killed Rudy...

Hopefully Gobert didn’t reaggravate that knee injury

Jerebko never did **** like that for us

Jerebko going off already.

Are you ****ing kidding me Jonas

Jerebko killing us for not giving him a return video

Snyder looks like he’s off the meth tonight

Rubio looking like a spanish Jon Snow

Somebody hit a freakin shot!!!

This will be the first game in NBA history where both teams are forced to simultaneously concede due to not being able to field five players.

Rubio looks like an Oblivion character now

Is this NBA Basketball or III World War?

Uh oh. If Theis can't go, but Jerebko can, there'll be an imbalance in the force.

not sure whats more disturbing. Rubio's hair or Kyrie's shoes

The Jazz feasting on us without Gobert and Favors
And Brad keeps on putting this weird 3 guards lineup on the floor with NO ball movement

Man Mitchell is so good. Showing some Harden level craftiness.

Quin Snyder looks like a very methodical serial killer. Silence of the Jazz

Jesus, he really is Jerebko 2.0

Is it just me or does Quin Snyder look like an older more evil Tom Holland

They should cast him as the bad guy in Spider-Man: Homecoming 2.

Team cant buy a bucket right now

6 MINUTES WITH NO FG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS

Jazz havent beaten the Celtics in 9 years wtf

Ricky Rubio is busting our asses left and right. What in the actual ****.

this game is total *** tattoo

Holy **** Rubio is embarassing the Celtics. I can't believe what I'm seeing

Rare to say this, but ISO Joe a little too strong for Smart in the post.

Mitchell may very well be better than Tatum

that was the most ****ing embarassing quarter i've ever seen. cant believe these idiots get paid millions to miss shots. sign me the **** up im game to miss shots

We should've drafted Hood in 2014, **** hes soo good.

Is this the WWE? Theis and Favors bleedin. Gobert with knee injury.

Mitchell is ****ing nice wtf

Damn Mitchell is a ****ing stud

At half time they will have all players come out with masks

Mitchell is supremely confident, that's for dam sure.

Rubio has been absolutely sensational

Jason Tatum for Donovan Mitchell who says no?

Who the **** does Rubio think he is!?

****ing RUBIO! Get mad Kyrie, please! You're getting punked by this dude?

Rubio is NOT this ****ing good

So are they just gonna make literally every shot?

i didn't realize ekpe udoh was still alive

If we really lose to Utah without Gobert...

jonas- you're dead to me

rubio picking apart the Celtics D like some ravenous genital crabs

Losing to the Jazz at home when they are missing Gobert/Favors for most of the game would be a horrendous loss

We can't hit an open shot to save our lives and Rubio is hitting contested threes...

Rubio has a 90% fg pct atm lmao

So Rubio is Steph Curry now got it.

Rubio scoring 22 points on 10/11 shooting is just ****ing absurd. Not too worried about this L.

Maybe if Rubio fouls out we will have a chance.....

Ricky “literally Kevin Durant” Rubio

Donovan Mitchell is 100% the real thing. He's seriously impressive.

I just might start watching Jazz games for Mitchell alone Kid is a stud

ekpe just murdered shane with a screen

Figures i would bench rubio in fantasy the only time he has a good game this season. **** him i hope his car doesn't start tomorrow

One of those nights. Joe ****ing Ingles is beating us.

Top of Form

Jerebko made center by process of elimination

Bottom of Form

If you’re utah, how do you not just feed it into Jonas inside against that tiny *** lineup

ricky rubio looks like the dude that still goes to highschool parties well into their late 20's

This may be blasphemous but did we miss out by drafting Tatum instead of Mitchell?

This is literally pathetic. Utah is a trash offensive team and they're missing all of their bigs. Yet their horrific backup bigs out rebound us.

I wish we drafted Mitchell, he just has “it”. Tatum is close though.

They're pulling up deep threes, we're missing wide open ones. Story of the game.

This dude Mitchell... wow.

Mitchell is the best player on the court right now.

Worst loss of the entire 2017-2018 season tonight

Mitchell's the real deal huh

The Jazz are 2-10 on the road this season and are without their starting frontcourt. Terrible, terrible loss tonight.

Jerebko put up 17-7 in 24 minutes against us.

It drives me ****ing crazy that the celtics have all these beautiful plays they run, they guy who shoots most of the time gets a wide open look, and ****ing bricks it.

Meanwhile, seemingly every other team gets the ball to a guy who is able to make a heavily contested shot and makes it look easy

Unbelievably still within reach. Just keep Mitchell in check. Let Kyrie do his thing.

Ricky Rubio looks like the second-in-command bad guy in an action movie who the villain kills to make a point that he's not to be messed with.

Jazz styling on us, man.

Mitchell back to back 3s pretty much did it.

What the actual ****? We get outrebounded by 20 to a team without GOBERT AND FAVORS. **** ME!

Mitchell looks more like an "alpha" player. Tatum isn't very assertive yet. Otherwise I prefer Tatum.

Confirmed Mitchell better than Tatum. Fire Ainge.

How do you let Joe **** Ingles be the jazz best rebounder and get outrebounded? SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET ANGRY ON THAT LOCKER ROOM.

Mitchell will be a star for many years. What a player. By far the best player in this draft class.

Postgame

Utah's vaunted defense played a role -- aside from Irving, who sat down with just under two minutes remaining in the third quarter, the Celtics shot 35.5 percent in the first three periods

Then Mitchell stuck a pair of daggers -- back-to-back hang-dribble pull-up 3-pointers on consecutive possessions that pushed the lead out to 15 and put Boston on a clear path to its seventh loss of the season.

Mitchell scored 17 points on 6-for-19 shooting with nine assists. Rubio led the Jazz with 22 points on a preposterously efficient 10-for-15 night from the field to go with seven rebounds and five assists, while Jonas Jerebko -- in his return to Boston -- scored 16 points on 6-for-8 shooting off the bench. The Jazz improved to 14-15.

Joe freaking Ingles out-rebounded anyone on our squad. Absolutely pathetic.

If you didn’t have to watch it, bless you, don’t bother. It was horrible. After starting the game 10/15, the Celtics proceeded to go 2/21 including an impressive 0/18 stretch.

Disappointing... We basically lost a game to a Utah team without Gobert…

Something is wrong with this team, that is becoming clear. This roster needs to be added to - and probably pretty soon.

How the crap did they lose this game?!?

And yes, I know (in a literal sense) how they lost—they shot terribly.

What I mean is, how could they have lost? Gobert plays only 2 minutes, Favors only 12, it’s a home game against a sub-.500 team that has no star offensive player … and the Celtics still lose?

There's a Gordon Hayward sized hole there but we're only now seeing it.

losing a game with Kyrie vs. a Jazz team without their starting front court is worse than losing a game without Kyrie vs. a streaking Bulls

without Theis we had no chance of stopping Jerebko

Missing 18 consecutive shots is inexcusable for a casual basketball fan nevermind the team with the best record in the NBA

Offense was absolute butthole tonight.

The book "How To Play Well in 2nd Quarters" needs to be released soon

Rebounds 55 to 31 damn

how we gonna let Jerebko torch us? our bench is a disaster

Nightmare game for /u/fongos Jerebko comes in wearing a strange (and I do mean strange) jersey and outplays the entire Celtics bench while Theis goes out with an injury to his beautiful European face.

Felt like the 2016 Celtics tonight. Game was lost on the boards, 55-31 with a 9-2 advantage on the offensive glass for the Jazz.

They had 5 scorers tonite, and we had 2.5! Get ready for next game...

Just looked at the box score. We got out-rebounded by 24....holy hell.

I am Catholic. I do not like losing to Mormon states. Or Mormons in general.

We lost the Hayward trade

A lot of Celtics feeling cognitive dissonance over their Tatum smugness tonight. Every damn pro-Mitchell thread in the reddit forum has Celtic fans explaining why Tatum is light years above Mitchell. Now all their left with is "Tatum is younger" like he is going to develop the mamba killswitch over the course of the next year.

Just wait until Mitchell starts getting the superstar calls. . .

That was wonderful! DM goes from shouldn’t be in the same sentence as Tatum to damn I wish we had picked him.

Outside of the injuries that game was just a joy. Jonas rips his old team, Rubio with the “eff you Gordon for not wanting to play with me”, DM with the nail in the coffin... oh yeah and before the game Hayward says some awkward words that aren’t true.

A lot of Celtics feeling cognitive dissonance over their Tatum smugness tonight. Every damn pro-Mitchell thread in the reddit forum has Celtic fans explaining why Tatum is light years above Mitchell. Now all their left with is "Tatum is younger" like he is going to develop the mamba killswitch over the course of the next year.

Just wait until Mitchell starts getting the superstar calls. . .

Can you imagine if DM played with Horford and Irving with a completely spread floor like that.

Tatum is great... DM carries so much friggin responsibility and just like tonight... he takes over quarters on the regular.

Celtics fans are the worst.

My favorite quotes:

Man Mitchell is so good. Showing some Harden level craftiness.

Mitchell may very well be better than Tatum

Mitchell is ****ing nice wtf

Damn Mitchell is a ****ing stud

Mitchell is supremely confident, that's for dam sure.

Jason Tatum for Donovan Mitchell who says no?

Donovan Mitchell is 100% the real thing. He's seriously impressive.

I just might start watching Jazz games for Mitchell alone Kid is a stud

I wish we drafted Mitchell, he just has “it”. Tatum is close though.

This dude Mitchell... wow.

Mitchell is the best player on the court right now.

Mitchell's the real deal huh

Confirmed Mitchell better than Tatum. Fire Ainge.

Mitchell will be a star for many years. What a player. By far the best player in this draft class.

I think they are envious of Mitchell! haha

Ultimately, that is the thing. Mitchell has "it." You know it when you see it, and it isn't at all common. There are many good players in the NBA, some great. But this is amazing to watch. I'm hot even sure Malone or Stockton had "it."

[QUOTE"]Pregame
This Mitchell Donovan may be good enough for All-Rookie team, but for anyone to think he is close to Tatum, very wrong. He does a lot of things, but to get near to Tatum he has to take twice as many shots. He was a very good acquisition by the Jazz, will be a very useful and versatile player for them, but he does not deserve to see his name mentioned alongside that of Tatum.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE"]Mitchell may very well be better than Tatum[/QUOTE]
And all the rest which cooldude32 captured above.

Mitchell 17-5-9
Tatum 7-4-2

I think a lot of teams are starting to have Mitchell-envy.

Ultimately, that is the thing. Mitchell has "it." You know it when you see it, and it isn't at all common. There are many good players in the NBA, some great. But this is amazing to watch. I'm hot even sure Malone or Stockton had "it."

excellent post. Totally agree