What's new

Quotes from the Rockets' forums-"I just witnessed the first travel ever called on James harden"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
If we lose this game because Jae Crowded breaks Wilt's record with 110 points, I think I can live with that

Quin looks like a banker who has been on an all-night cocaine bender.

Capela needs to step up big time. We need capela and faried together on the field so favor is not getting a easy putback

Never liked the Jazz but good for them for not being swept. Finish them off, Rockets.

Rockets need to win Game 5 please no Choke every player didn't show up and score

Nice Rockers and sleep...stupid...play with no hearts. Tortured by Jazz...Gerald Green missed two throws and there on trashed. I doubt this team win championship.

That 4th quarter was terrible!!

12 pts in 4th lol yes u really have a shot at GS not lol it will be a easy 4 game sweep if u can’t stop Rubio how will u stop curry if u can’t stop Mitchell how will u stop kd u can’t stop crowder how will u stop klay lol

This team is a joke Better hope jazz don’t steal game 5 or it will be a series

Red Nation we gotta be louder than them this Wednesday!

5 points from the bench and 17-44 TPM.

Definitely better fix this in Game 5

Guys let’s be honest and real. Houston is playing the second best home team and second best defensive team. It is amazing that we won third game at Utah. This is the 5th seed in the west not the Clippers or Lakers.

think it's rather pathetic how arrogant the Jazz were tonight lmao... good job, with tonight's catching fire, you are now winning 25% of the time. Good job! Tell me how that worked out for you after the game on Wednesday in the H.

They gotta finish this at home next game. No reason to let the Jazz hang around. could have easily of stolen this game, but turnovers, 5 bench points, lack of defense, and getting out rebounded killed us. Capela has got to be more dominant, he got punked by everyone on the Jazz.

51 Rebounds to 35... Enough said

Somebody was point shaving

Well that was bad. Can’t win with 5 pts. from the bench and a no show from Capella. Most upsetting though was that the team seemed to give up with 5 min. left.

Capela, Faried, Green, and House combined for... 1 FG

The jazz are a good team.

Too much of just going down court and stopping and popping. Utah deserved the win, they wanted it more

Capella get a steroid shot or some B12 man! We need you!

How good are rebounds, and boxing out? Oh wait, I wouldn’t know, im a @HoustonRockets fan

Ikr. Was a disgrace, Gobert and Favors destroyed us so bad.

I FREAKING KNEW IT! DOGGONE GAME WAS FIXED. IT MAKES NO SENSE. THE JAZZ THEY GONNA LOSE. THE NBA LOVE HUMILIATING TEAMS. 2 REFS. ASSIGNED TO THIS GAME SO THEY CAN GET THE WIN. JAZZ COACH SHOULD'VE PUT A STOP TO IT SEEING THOSE REFS. I FEEL SORRY FOR THE JAZZ GOING IN TO HOUSTON.

FIXED GAME AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT!!!

Grab a ****ing rebound, we got the Jazz of all teams thinking they’re good

Bro they acting like they won the finals can’t stand jazz fans most toxic fan base in the league. They’re about to get an *** beating in game 5 in H-town! Go Rockets!

Want to know why the @HoustonRockets lost? Look no further than the bench. 5 points on a 2-16 showing (@AustinRivers25 was the only reserve to score) won't win you many games. Fortunately for the Rockets, this type of game from their bench is an exception not the rule the rule.

Y’all just gave the worst fan base in the nba a win, inexcusable especially when we shot what 0-12 from deep the last quarter.

Our defense was *** and we got no help from the bench smh

Would it surprise anyone if we lost 4 straight?

CP3 has more rebounds than Capela...

Wow just wow. If you thought game 3 was bad basketball, houston played THE WORST 4th quarter basketball I have ever seen them play. Just wow.

This series could easily be 2-2. Pathetic showing in Salt Lake City.

Whatever. Utah played with 100x more energy & had guys who've been pretty awful step up. I would've been shocked if we completed the sweep, honestly. As much as I would've like to see it, they're too good of a team for that.

Gotta take care of business in game 5. It would be a nightmare to have to go back to Utah. I'm confident that won't happen. See y'all Wednesday. Gamecube Nintendo

mitchell: exhales
refs: ROCKETS FOUL

Mitchell has a lot of heart. Respect.

Let's break their hearts

Harden got absolutely wacked on the floater, no call. Crowder gets stripped and its a foul.

How do they get the benefit of the doubt on every call

Quin Snyder is a human cigarette

Not saying we aren’t playing like *** but they’re getting literally every single possible call

Jazz have so many floppers on their team. How are they not more hated? Oh, it’s because it’s Utah and nobody gives a **** about Utah

I'm not even worried. The Jazz are a completely different team away from home. Their crowd is what motivates them. Have you not heard how loud they get when the Jazz are on top?

And there's no way we miss that many shots again. As I said, we're a team where we'll have bad shooting quarter once in a while. We live and die by the 3.... which why I don't really rate MDA all that much as a coach.

The Warriors won't guard Harden the same way.... simply because they can't. They don't have the defensive team the Jazz do. I honestly believe the Jazz are the best defensive team in the NBA.... especially at home. Nobody in that Warriors team has defended well this season.

I just witnessed the first travel ever called on James harden

Clint's *** should be in the paint to start with. The Jazz had 52 points in the paint.....they regularly sliced all the way to the basket with success.We offer no resistance in the paint. Jimmy guarding Goober is flat stupid.

Utah made some adjustments in game 3 and the Rockets got a gritty win. Similar stuff in Game 4 except Crowder and Rubio were more aggressive and the Rockets closed the game missing around 12 to 13 3's in a row. Yes Harden has a good mid range game as well as Paul. When Harden is hitting his floaters it helps tremendously against a good shot blocking team because it puts Gobert and Favors in a tough spot, about contesting and allowing the lob to Capela. If he is struggling again with the floaters then a few pull up jumpers might be wise if the Rockets are in a stretch struggling from 3. Some of the lob passes where off tonight, whoever the Jazz had coming over to deal with Capela when their Center stepped forward, was someone Capela or Faried could easily out jump in the air, the key is Capela and Faried positioning themselves well based on that help defender. Did not see much high screen and roll with Capela or Faried.
Rough night, the 3's stop dropping towards the end, Rockets getting killed on the rebounding and Utah was tough to score on in the paint.
MDA, Paul and Harden have a sharp brains they will figure out how to get this offense rolling again and getting the other Rockets players baskets.

I would rather play against the Warriors, the Bucks and the Raptors. Neither of those teams have a great defensive center like Gobert to pick up in the paint. He's probably the reason why the Jazz have been great defense wise the last 2 games.

Utah is ****ing good. They are a fantastic team actually. They finished AHEAD of us by advanced metrics this season.

They shoot well at home and get to play even more physically defensively. They played like a 60+ win team in Utah this season.

That this was STILL competitive while Capela was nearly dying shows how good the Rockets are.

Call me a concern troll, but I’m worried about game 5. Utah is more comfortable guarding us now, and we simply are not getting any points on the paint. And it took a herculean effort by Chris Paul to squeak by them last year in game 5.

The more games we played, the worse our offense get.

Meanwhile Jazz playing better and better.

Man I am really nervous about game 5

If the NBA is rigged, we at least know that they won’t let it be Utah v GS in the 2nd round. In all seriousness though...... F*ck the Jazz.

The game was lost when we allowed scrubs like Crowder and Rubio to look like superstars. They absorbed Mitchell's terrible play for the first 3 3/4 quarters and allowed him to takeover late when it's far more dangerous to us. We need to force it back into being the Mitchell Show again with the rest of the Jazz stinking it up.

Very glad i didnt watch this one. Cannot believe we let those little hillbillies in attendance get the pleasure to see their team win a playoff game

I have this weird feeling that we are going to somehow lose this series

Utah's defense has been real nasty.

I really wanted that sweep in the Jazz arena. I wanted to hear the silence. O well.

Quinn snyder looks like a drunk dude that you’d see by himself at a dive bar

Game 5 is dangerous man. We were hitting a ton of contested threes and still lost by 16. This Jazz defense ain't no fluke. They didn't give us anything.

We stopped Utah offense in the 4th for about 3 mins and kept throwing up threes.. that's a big L for us.

Imagine if we lose next game ...

Was Faried actually injured or did Dantoni forget he exists?

Favors length a big factor here late

Why are these guys acting like they haven't just had the **** beat out of them three game in a row?

THE TEAM WAS EXHAUSTED AND COACH MADE THEM PLAY 40 MIN
JUST TO LOSE ANYWAY

We knew Mitchell was going to have at least one supernova game and this was it.

I want to hear Toyota Center rocking like whatever the Jazz’s arena is called was the last 2 games.

Boo every time Mitchell has the ball. I bet he folds. And I bet we can heckle without being racist, homophobic, etc., unlike the Jazz.

Gobert is a DPOY level player.
Cut Capela a break. I mean he WAS really bad, but let’s see if he bounces back in game 5.

Their fanbase, sure, but I don't really hate the Jazz as a team. They don't whine and talk smack like the GSW. Mitchell seems like a nice dude and plays hard.

If you think Capela vs. Gobert was a wash then we weren't watching the same game.
Do you think Harden all the sudden forgot how to hit his floater? And the Rocket’s are having a hard time hitting lay-ups is a coincidence?

A few minutes here and there and include Faried in that. I never said bench Capela as others did. And sure I have hindsight on my side. Capela got absolutely destroyed by numerous Jazz players over and over, he couldn’t rebound or catch the ball.

The likes of Faried, Nene, and Hart might not have fared better but to garuntee, they would have played worse than Capela means there’s no reason to have them on the bench.

We honestly need to come out swinging and punch them in the mouth early. If we don’t get that early lead I’m nervous we may drop another. Our energy (outside CP3) is just awful sometimes. So hard to comeback with low energy.

That 4th quarter was like every bad game 7 we had in history rolled into one. The three pointer abandoning us, getting outrebounded, stupid turnovers...

Capela and Harden are terrified of Gobert.

3-1.

Jazz still have chance to win this series.

Utah are pretty much taking away the paint & daring anyone that's not Harden to beat them. Can see more teams following the blueprint.

Capela was also a disgrace tonight. Why the **** was he even on the floor? It was still a winnable game if he actually bothered to show up.

Honestly these 2 games were very discouraging. Utah has provided a blueprint to other teams for guarding Harden and the Rockets.

WE SCORED 12 4TH QUARTER POINTS, holy sht I'm so freaking angry right now

How many offensive rebounds have they got in the 4th Q?

Next game wont be easy. Jazz packing the paint and rockets have to hit open 3s next game.

Utah fans.......wow

I don't understand this ultra small lineup when you're getting killed by their offensive rebounds.

Embarrassing. We can't even dribble at this point.

Anyone else feel like smashing anything due to this rebounding AND three drought?

Jesus christ this is hard to watch

We may not hit 100 tonight. Yikes.

And let's be real, we are EXTREMELY LUCKY that we're not going back to Houston stuck in a 2-2 series. Game 5 is going to be tough.

Our frontcourt is really letting us down

Favors , gobert , and crowder have completely outplayed farried , Clint , and PJ

Can’t win games in this system without being able to have the inside game to suck in the defense.

They’ll have to adjust a bit going into game 5 or hope the Jazz are just playing his level of defense because of the weird home court advantage in Utah.

Harden seems to have lost all confidence in the floater.

The Rockets role players have crapped the bed.

HOW
CAN
OUR
SHOOTING
BE
THIS
BAD
?

Jazz deserve the win. Wanted this game way more than the Rockets did. Bench was absolutely embarrassing, and defense has collapsed in the 4th.

Jazz got us figured out on defense. Part of it is Rockets foot off the gas.

15-1 in 3 mins...

I can't believe we had a 5pt lead like 3.5min ago.

Such gdm bullsht.

Mitchell heating up in the 4th when we don't want him too.

Spider activated beast mode

God ****ING forbid Houston actually sweeps someone for ****s sake.

1-15 start of the 4th. Wow championship mentality they say

Damn back to back threes by Mitchel

Utah cracks me up they act like their up 3-0 and about to close it our with their stupid celebrations

WOW.... and EVERYTHING is going wrong again.

Jazz playing some good Defense. Packing the paint and we have to hit our outside shots.

14KQaub
14KQaub.gifv
14KQaub.gif

Honestly, though it would suck BIG time, would have preferred to get swept, just so the FO cannot claim that “continuity” will get results. If an upgrade is out there, then go get it. I’m rooting for everyone to improve year in and year out. But the league has continuously proven that championship windows shut close in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
"Man I am really nervous about game 5"

And they should all be. Wait until game six when the pressure is on for real! Bring it back to the Viv bois, and watch the melt down.

Bravo JA, bravo.

#D.O.N. is the answer to all our challenges!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app