What's new

Quotes from the Timberwolves forums-"I cannot stress enough how humiliating it is as a Wolves fan for Kessler to be this good."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Pre Game

Minnesota vs minnestoa today

3 Wolves starting for Utah today.

Lauri Markkanen is out. Rudy Gobert is in. My bingo card:

• Vintage Vando game (10 pts, 15 rebs, 6 stocks)
  • Hyphenated name player has MPE
  • Kessler blocks Gobert, Bleacher Report posts "Minnesota traded THIS guy for Rudy Gobert *eyes emoji*"
  • Beasley gets into "HEATED MOMENT" with Taurean Prince

Wassup? My "League Pass" says "Utah Jazz vs Minnesota Vikings."

Don't Suck Wolves!

Kessler looks like Biff from back to the future

These jazz unis are one of the best in the league imo

1st Half

D Lo is shooting well
I want more Garza
Kessler is an NBA starting center
Jaden is a defensive stud
I love MLK NBA

Can we not **** up the second half, please.

Jazz are getting ALL the calls

The Twitter freak-out over Kessler seems to be ignoring the fact that we haven't had a legitimate post-player checked into this game since the end of the 1st quarter. Hardly a mystery why a 7-footer is cleaning up in that scenario.

Well yeah, no one PLANS for their two max-contract big men to be out of the game with injury.

Can we rebound defensively once in our lifetime? 4 off rebounds for Utah in the same possession.

So many threes like watching a warriors game rn !

So Jordan Clarkson is kind of the idealized version of DLo, right?

Why can't we ever acquire a prolific shot blocker like Walker Kessler?

Damn we can’t miss lmao. Better play some defense though if we want to win

Kessler is faster, more agile, and he has better hands than gobert

**** you khannelly

Utah is not really good at this thing, is it

Kessler is impressive for what his role is.

Kessler already seems to have become a solid player

This is such an embrassment to have Kessler outplaying Rudy, what is wrong with him jesus

**** these refs. We get ****ed every game. **** the nba. **** Adam silver.

I didn't mind giving up Vando, Bev, Beasley in that Gobert trade but I was hoping we'd keep Kessler...the dude looks already pretty good for a rookie Center

Even if Wolves pull off a win here, it hurts a lot seeing Kessler play..the dude looks extremely good already. Thanks Connelly

Very Minnesota like to see Kessler destroy us the day after the Vikings flop in the Playoffs.

our training staff is horrific this year. multiple guys playing when they shouldnt. get them out of here

its actually impressive we amassed a team of bigs who cant ****ing rebound

2nd Half

I’ve lost count of halftime leads lost…sigh

Fear the 4th..

Walker is literally better then gobert

Traded our future to the Jazz just for them to beat us every time we play

Need to show the 10 Pont lead in the 4th evaporate instead!

Back to the standard 3rd quarter, and Kessler just making the Rudy trade look even worse than it already does.

With those uniforms, the haircut and that beard, it looks like THT is playing a game in the 80's

They are making circus shot after circus shot

Clarkson is always jumping forward, that’s why he draws so many fouls on 3s

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this - a team missing one shot in a quarter

Kessler is eating our lunch

LFG. I hate this jazz team. Kick their ***!!

Why are we making these utah rookies look good. Ugh

I don't know that I can remember a quarter where the Wolves didn't end a single possession with a defensive rebound. In the 4th the Jazz have either scored or turned it over.

We f##ed up big time trading Kessler.

Pretty sure Kessler in german translates to bear. Or was it austrian? For the minnesota front office maybe the term for end ones self.

3 technical fouls=loss!!!

Let me tell you, adding him to last years team while allowing the team to grow and build more chemistry could’ve been great. He appears to have a knack for rim protection but keeping it in play. Also appears to have good iq.

You could’ve had him for an eighth of the price as Rudy. Not saying he is Rudy but his game could’ve meshed well with what we had. You still could’ve flipped D‘Lo at the deadline as well. Smh

surely they’ll start missing soon

The Jazz have rookie sliders on for offense. Only explanation I see for them being 100% from the field in the quarter

Kessler seems legit and he’s only 21

They traded all those players, and Gobert didn’t even play Kessler killed us!

Was certainly smelling like the typical turd quarter. Glad they recovered over the final few minutes.

We need zero mistakes in the last 5 min

Jazz have not missed a FG this quarter, 7 minutes in.

I. Think. The. Jazz. Have. Made. Every. FG. Attempt. This. Quarter.

Kessler was the right pick. *** Kahnelly. And Danny Mainge.

This is absurd. Jazz have literally not missed a shot this quarter

They still haven’t missed. What gods did we anger to deserve this curse??

Utah did not score 3 possessions this quarter. 3 turnovers. Everything else they made. 2 misses - 2 boards by Kessler

12-3 turnovers, 0-7 steals. How is this even close?

Utah is 10/10 this quarter despite 3 turnovers, Wolves are playing defense like Vikings yesterday. TEN OUT OF TEN

Someone drug test Agbaji

I have no idea how he fell so low in the draft. His stats in college were great. I was high on him when we selected him.

Kessler may haunt us for years ..

Honestly though, what exactly does Rudy do that Kessler doesn't?

Speak French

Lol why did we trade for Rudy again? Could have 80% of what he does for 10% of the cost in Kessler

lol even if we win this game I’ll be pissed off, Kessler can be just as good if not better than Rudy in a couple more years.

He looks even bigger, faster, more coordinated/mobile, better hands, better passer, & he even shot the 3 a little bit on college.

The Wolves continue to **** around, now they might find out.

Garza and Kessler having fun down by the rim. No prisoners, just blood.

Jazz have missed two shots all quarter. Two. Open looks. No protection in paint. Just pitiful.

We haven't gotten a single "STOP" in this quarter. Only two misses, both of which they scored on second chances. Only times they didn't score were on careless TO's by them.

Whatever they were doing in the second ic completely gone. Now it’s just a **** stain.

15 to 7 in foul calls. Two T's on us for getting chippy about it. And just like that the Jazz lead. NBA officials can eat ALL the ****. Just blatant, reprehensible match fixing...

How have we not gotten Kessler into foul trouble yet??

When healthy, Sexton often lives up to his "Young Bull" moniker.

Hurts watching Kessler & Vando

Idk hate to whine bout the refs but Utah instigates contact/grabs/etc then we get called when we retaliate. So.....they do it again. Poorly officiated game.

I’d rather let Ant take that shot….

jazz 12-12 in the quarter.

Ant should've continued drive to hoop for kay up or foul.. not a wrong corner 3 for McDaniels down 1

It doesn’t matter if Jaden is wide open. ANT needs to shoot that

Idk Jaden has been shooting so well from the corner plus it was wide openand Kesslers’ tall *** was right in front of ant

I didn’t realize Russell was playing this half until now.

Every L that gobert deals like a worse move then the vikings Walker deal

All the Jazz have to do is slip and fall

Game-winning slip and fall

Saul Goodman would be proud

I do like Kessler. He’s fluid athletically; not a plodder.

Now just attack the rim and get fouled please. No 3 point chucks!!!!

So what do they do? Launch a three. Smh

What the **** was the final play give it to Edwards and just do whatever their was nothing there

I’m not gonna lie I ****in hate y’all

I HATE this ****ing team. Bunch of ****ing softies who's afraid to box the **** out.

Bad loss. Inexcusable.

On to the gophers

You dont need 3 points when down by 1. Terrible play call. You attack the rim quick in that scenario. And if dont get hope for a foul. To at least tie if you miss one ft.

all in all though, we lost this because we couldn't match kessler's size with rudy out. that was it.

That 4 point play that never should've happened was such a ******** call

Maybe we should have just kept Kessler. He looks the part.

There wasn't enough time to finesse the shot at the hoop, Kessler would have blocked it.

****** team to lose to. Literally, the jazz are not good. Especially without Lauri

They have to. Most of those guys are misfits and rejects. Spare parts, 10 ply.
I don’t say that with malice, I can respect the grind. I just flat out don’t like a lot of their players.

Kessler looks like Biff from back to the future
This person must be quite young because 1) he doesn’t at all and 2) no need to add the additional qualifier after Biff.

**** you khannelly
Not sure if it was the same person, but I like that they’re apparently using this name.

So Jordan Clarkson is kind of the idealized version of DLo, right?
Ironic since they both started with the Lakers and DLo was taken #2 behind Townes and Clarkson was taken #46 behind God only knows. :p
Very Minnesota like to see Kessler destroy us the day after the Vikings flop in the Playoffs.
At least back in the day you'd occasionally get to the Super Bowl before flopping.
Kessler is faster, more agile, and he has better hands than gobert

**** you khannelly
Most of the fan base is obviously in denial from the responses. This poor sap had the courage to admit the obvious before hitting the bottle so hard he couldn't even hit the dart board with the name Connelly.
Honestly though, what exactly does Rudy do that Kessler doesn't?

Speak French
Yeah, well you kind of forgot the French Savoir Fair, snappy dresser, lady's man part. The guy's got a helluva sense of humor as well - musta missed the Rudy new's conference that shut down the league.lol
This is absurd. Jazz have literally not missed a shot this quarter

They still haven’t missed. What gods did we anger to deserve this curse??
Prolly the Gods of common sense business negotiations.
****** team to lose to. Literally, the jazz are not good. Especially without Lauri
Says a fan of the team that's taken two blow out beatings to the Pistons this year!:rolleyes:

This poor sap had the courage to admit the obvious before hitting the bottle so hard he couldn't even hit the dart board with the name Connelly.
It’s a reference to David Kahn, their GM a while back whose only basketball experience was that he was a beat writer. He famously spent three first round draft picks on PGs in the same draft.

It’s a reference to David Kahn, their GM a while back whose only basketball experience was that he was a beat writer. He famously spent three first round draft picks on PGs in the same draft.
I like the wrath of Kahn explanation better.

Befor Don and Rudy’s final year in Utah I was never in favor of trading Gobert because I didn’t think teams would give a fair offer, then the Wolves paid a Kevin Durant type offer. I was dumbfounded at the level of idiocy wolves management displayed.

Basically the jazz found the perfect situation with a team that has been trying for what seemed like decades to be relevant. Then last year happened their team had a lot of young talent and was up and coming, and the wolves believed too much in their own hype added with how desperately they wanted to be good cooked up the perfect storm for trader Danny to work his magic and do what he does best. Phenomenal!!!

Befor Don and Rudy’s final year in Utah I was never in favor of trading Gobert because I didn’t think teams would give a fair offer, then the Wolves paid a Kevin Durant type offer. I was dumbfounded at the level of idiocy wolves management displayed.

Basically the jazz found the perfect situation with a team that has been trying for what seemed like decades to be relevant. Then last year happened their team had a lot of young talent and was up and coming, and the wolves believed too much in their own hype added with how desperately they wanted to be good cooked up the perfect storm for trader Danny to work his magic and do what he does best. Phenomenal!!!
haha indeed.