What's new

Randy Rigby Shovels It

YB85

Banned
Contributor
https://www.nba.com/jazz/news/20130425-message-from-randy-rigby

The Utah Jazz organization sincerely thanks you – our fans – for your support this season. Your passion motivates us to work even harder toward becoming a championship-caliber team. We are proud of the way this team continued to improve throughout the season and finished strong with a winning record for the 25th time in the past 28 years.

We showed perseverance with the second-most comeback wins in the NBA, tenacity as the fourth-best team in blocked shots and precision by shattering our franchise record for three-pointers in a season. Of course, you helped us achieve one of the best home records in the NBA, going 30-11 at EnergySolutions Arena and ranking in the NBA top 10 again in home attendance. No doubt, the Jazz has an enthusiastic, loyal and knowledgeable following that gives us a homecourt advantage.

As the Jazz moves forward, we are in solid position with a core of talented young players and great roster flexibility. We will continue to be strategic and disciplined in making merit-based decisions to build our team. It will be an active summer as we evaluate our player options, and we firmly believe a promising future lies ahead for Jazz basketball.

On behalf of the Jazz players, coaches and franchise, thanks for being the best fans in the NBA. We hope to give you plenty to cheer about in the future.

Perhaps, but is nice to hear a thanks for the support that we have given.

They see that sea of green in the Radium Stadium every night and have to say/do something to win fan support back.

Dear fans,

Sorry for having to sit through Corbin mysteries and another mediocre season with a lot of guys who probably won't be here next year. And no ticket prices won't be discounted next year. See ya next year suckers.

I expected much worse when I read the thread title. Not bad all things considered.

Perhaps, but with gems like this:

We showed perseverance with the second-most comeback wins in the NBA, tenacity as the fourth-best team in blocked shots and precision by shattering our franchise record for three-pointers in a season. Of course, you helped us achieve one of the best home records in the NBA, going 30-11 at EnergySolutions Arena and ranking in the NBA top 10 again in home attendance.

I had to refer to shoveling. The only thing missing would be something to the effect "We had the 5th best home record on Wednesday nights" or "We had the best record for a team featuring Al Jefferson in NBA history".

Meh. Wasn't that bad in my opinion. I would have liked to see a bit more accountability for missing the playoffs and fewer annoying "buzz-word" adjectives, but a thank you for the fans is always nice.

Perhaps, but with gems like this:

I had to refer to shoveling. The only thing missing would be something to the effect "We had the 5th best home record on Wednesday nights" or "We had the best record for a team featuring Al Jefferson in NBA history".
"...Except for last year."

"harder toward becoming a championship-caliber team."

Overall I thought it was a positive note and told the good news from a marketing standpoint ...but gosh darn! Every teams goal should be to win a championship ... not just be that type of team ... growing very tired of weak goals

It's hard for him to craft fresh copy when he has so many responsibilities with the bishopric.