What's new

RealGM - Jazz Players, Ownership Planning 'Something Heartfelt' Following Westbrook Incident

• Thread starter RealGM Basketball Wiretap
  • Start date
R

RealGM Basketball Wiretap

Dennis Lindsey revealed that Utah Jazz players and ownership "are going to do something that's heartfelt" following the permanent ban of a fan from Utah's Vivint Smart Home Arena.

"Our players are smart and socially conscious and want to use this as a forum," Lindsey told USA TODAY. "Thabo (Sefolosha) talked about his time in Italy, and everybody black and white has a story, but our country, like Pop (San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich) said, we have to talk about our national sin.

"People may say, 'Hey, whatever, what the fan said was a small thing.' Well, it's not. What it does is make everyone feel small, and every Caucasian should take a look at themselves and look at their heart."

Shane Keisel reportedly said "Get down on your knees like you used to."

Lindsey doesn't want to waste the opportunity of the moment.

"I'm very confident in our community," Lindsey said. "Our community has a good heart. I'm very confident in our organization. And we hope to lead from the front moving forward.

"It's a talent to divide people. It's a special person or special organization that can unite people and say, 'We're not standing for this hurtful speech.' It's offensive to me personally. Our people are hurting, in particular our players.

"I'll take the blowback from the nonsense that's out there. Let it come my way. I'm actually looking forward to that."

Full Story...