What's new

Reputation system poll #1: max # of reps per day

What should be the max # of reps per day users can give?

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 2 6.9%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
I put 12. Why put a limit on it. While many will just give out rep in order to be able to receive more, there will reach a point that said person may likely slow down if for no other reason than they don't want others to have as many rep points as they have. So while there giving will continue, they'll be more selective.

I think the "per day" should not exceed the "spread count, but don't particularly care otherwise.

I don't think you should limit the number per day. Just because it's the same day doesn't mean the good posts are suddenly going to stop coming.

OK, this one is all over the map. I'm going to go with a simple average, add up all the votes and divide by number of voters (16). That puts it at 9.125. So, I'll change the setting to 9 reps/day (effective immediately).

I'm changing this to 5. You can thank some specific users for abusing this and posting a bunch of positive reps between negs to the same person. I'm changing it to essentially block users from getting two negs in a day from a single user.

Sorry.

I'm changing this to 5. You can thank some specific users for abusing this and posting a bunch of positive reps between negs to the same person. I'm changing it to essentially block users from getting two negs in a day from a single user.

Sorry.

You have no idea how incredibly disappointed I am that I can only neg rep you once for this today.

You have no idea how incredibly disappointed I am that I can only neg rep you once for this today.

Call your friends - they can help you in your crusade. You, my friend, will have to wait until tomorrow :)

Call your friends - they can help you in your crusade. You, my friend, will have to wait until tomorrow :)

I tried, but have given out too many in the last 24 hours. This really disappoints Trout.

Sorry.

Do you even know how far back you just set Trout's quest to pass Log?

Months, I tell you, months.

Congratulations Trout. You're #1 on jazzfanz. Go out and celebrate!

Sorry.

If you guys aren't going to ban KOC_BEGONE/BluesRocker, then at least let us have the satisfaction of neg repping him into oblivion. Honestly, 2 negs a day isn't nearly enough. Certain posters who deserve it should be able to recieve unlimited neg rep. They've earned it.

Reps per day limit needs to be increased. I don't seem to be able to rep anyone anymore.

Reps per day limit needs to be increased. I don't seem to be able to rep anyone anymore.

I am down with this as well. I can stand only being able to neg rep MillSlopper every other day, but there are too many good posts that aren't getting the love they deserve.