What's new

Response from around the league on the Grayson Allen and Trae Young kerfluffle.

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Grayson Allen and Trae Young kerfluffle.

Cavs - Either way I think Allen would **** up Trae young. Kid wanted no part of that, looks small and weak out there.

Lakers - Props to him for not backing down and charging/shoving Trae backward. A man's dignity is not something to trifle with.

Unk-This was more of a brouhaha than a kerfuffle

Seahawks-The guys determined the order was:

Chicanery

Hijinks

Malarkey

Skullduggery

Shenanigans

Tomfoolery

Tiff

Face off

Skirmish

Fracas

Hullabaloo

Ballyhoo

Dust up

Exchange of barbs

Brouhaha

Gloves come off

Armageddon

Fisticuffs

Rucky

Rowdydow

Kerfuffle

Hubbub

Quarrel

Hurly-burly

Slobber knocker

Donnybrook

Riot

Hootenanny

War

Palace of Auburn Hills

Bucks-I think we can all agree a Slobber Knocker is a little more intense than a Hootenanny.

Knicks-I tend to disagree. A slobber knocker involves only two knockers of slobber whereas a Hootenanny requires more than 2 nannyhooters.

Jazz-I mean he's going to have Ingles going at him every single practice.

Unk-Dear god. Here's gonna get jingled every day. He's gonna be harder than a diamond erection

76ers-or he'll end up being a fricken moron.

Celtics-Allen has the KG moves down pat. Take a shot and walk away with your hands up like you did nothing.

76ers-No innocent man ever throws their hands up and yell's I didn't do it.

OKC-Grayson should be solid for the Jazz. He can shoot, cut and is a willing passer. He’ll fit right into their system.

Blazers-He'll be a nice Hayward replacement

Jazz-Get it because hes white hahahahhah

Sonics-He's gray, son.

76ers-Um no..its because he has surprising athleticism, and a high basketball acumen

Cavs-Gutty gym rat, first in first out, shoots, willing passer, fits into the system, brings his lunch bucket to work, team first, nice hygiene, punchable face.

OKC-I never would have drafted Trae top 8, but that's me personally

Unk-Trae was going to try and swing but didn’t want to air another shot

Lakers-That's actually a good foul by Grayson on the rip-through. If they are gonna rip-through make sure they feel it. I wish more players would be physical like that on defense.

Wolves-I hate Grayson Allen, but this is all on Trae Young. He basically put him in an arm bar and pushed down. I'd be mad too.

Wizards-And Grayson to his credit pretty much said **** that and hit him back afterwards. Like yeah it’s technically a foul, but it’s a bitch move especially when you not only do the arm hook but also push the head down.

Hawks-There was a fight? All I noticed is the dude that looked the size of a seventh grader attempting a shot. I hope we didn't give up anything useful for him.

Unk-Grayson at fault here too. Why would he contest Trae when it's gonna brick anyway.

Celts-Yeah it felt pretty disrespectful. When guarding Trae is so pointless, playing such close defense is pretty performative.

Lakers-Right, he definitely fouled Young, but I wouldn't call it dirty. And neither would anyone else in this thread if it was literally any player besides Allen.

Nets-NBA players should do that to Harden.

Unk-I’m gonna be a Grayson Allen fan screw it. He’s on a likeable team too. Cool to see another Draymond type guy.

Unk-I have to agree with you as unpopular as that opinion may be. Admittedly he’s made some dirty plays but for some reason I just like the guy and the grit he brings to the court.

Unk-He is pretty ****ing intense. It's kind of strange how we idolize players like Dennis Rodman or Ron Artest but when we have players in the modern times with their kind of crazy tenacity, we hate them.

Lakers-He reminds me just of Ingles, lmao... just like how he upset PG. Though, I thought Allen could have played it a lot better if he didnt do that headbutt/shove or whatever.

Jazz-Joe gonna take young Grayson under his Jingle Wing and teach him the ways of Jingling.

Heat-I can forsee Grayson getting in to some legit fights this year.

Celtics-Allen on the Jazz is the best thing ever

Unk-Is it just me or is Grayson Allen the perfect Utah Jazz player?

Unk-Young is lucky that wasn't streetball. He's got no shot in a dust up with Allen.

Celtics-Vet move from Grayson....I've seen KG pull the same push away with head/body with his hands up shtick. Good be entertaining viewing.

Celtics-Man I wish we drafted Allen.

Wolves-Douche vs. Douche. There is no winner here.

Mavs-Grayson has the perfect mentor in Jingles. This is a match made in heaven.

Unk-Grayson Allen - The new Bill Laimbeer

Unk-Grayson would **** him up, he's got the crazy eyes

Sonics-not sure I ever seen a 3 pt shooter get hooked like that. This is pretty advanced Dennis Rodman defense to get his opponent called for a tech after blowing his lid in response. Marcus Smart is pretty good at this too fer the youngins.

Unk-**** i think i love grayson allen

GSW-I think Allen will provide Utah with that edge. Every good team has a little edge.

Unk-It's amazing watching this as a avid boxing fan. You can see all the subtleties most ppl miss. It's hard to tell at first watch who did what, or who was in the wrong, because both guys keep throwing their hands up as if to say "It's not me". But they do this immediately after doing something rough. Allen intentionally gets tangled with Young, while playing innocent. Young tosses Allen to the ground, then is about to play innocent, but Allen kind of body rushes him backward a bit. Young then throws a few light shots - and plays innocent. ***** hilarious, and I'm high.

I was there and loved that play. Harden tries that under arm swing shot and I wish more people played physically against it like that. It was a very clean foul as attested by the officials response. Young was more the instigator of the kerfuffle because he was frustrated by his overall performance. The crowd heavily cheered Allen on the play and everyone saw there was nothing dirty about it. Jazz fans, for the most part are going to love Allen's intensity.

So far I'm starting to like the toughness in Grayson Allen game. When Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell like his style of game. Last night game although Grayson didn't shoot well but the assist getting others the ball in the right position and rebounding really helps. Grayson is definitely good back-up behind Rubio to keep team honest during the regular season and playoff.

mk_sweep_final2.gif

There comes a point you start to like a guy. The National media really threw this out there. Literally every time GA is in any sort of altercation it will be headline news. Ingles and GA are going to have teams all sorts of upset, and I’m okay with it. The Jazz have some guys who are irritants and guys who don’t take ****, and there’ll all good all around guys as well. I hope GA can get his shot down enough to get some time. I’m here for the kerfluffles that await.

Grayson Allen and Trae Young kerfluffle.

Cavs - Either way I think Allen would **** up Trae young. Kid wanted no part of that, looks small and weak out there.

Lakers - Props to him for not backing down and charging/shoving Trae backward. A man's dignity is not something to trifle with.

Unk-This was more of a brouhaha than a kerfuffle

Seahawks-The guys determined the order was:

Chicanery

Hijinks

Malarkey

Skullduggery

Shenanigans

Tomfoolery

Tiff

Face off

Skirmish

Fracas

Hullabaloo

Ballyhoo

Dust up

Exchange of barbs

Brouhaha

Gloves come off

Armageddon

Fisticuffs

Rucky

Rowdydow

Kerfuffle

Hubbub

Quarrel

Hurly-burly

Slobber knocker

Donnybrook

Riot

Hootenanny

War

Palace of Auburn Hills

Bucks-I think we can all agree a Slobber Knocker is a little more intense than a Hootenanny.

Knicks-I tend to disagree. A slobber knocker involves only two knockers of slobber whereas a Hootenanny requires more than 2 nannyhooters.

Jazz-I mean he's going to have Ingles going at him every single practice.

Unk-Dear god. Here's gonna get jingled every day. He's gonna be harder than a diamond erection

76ers-or he'll end up being a fricken moron.

Celtics-Allen has the KG moves down pat. Take a shot and walk away with your hands up like you did nothing.

76ers-No innocent man ever throws their hands up and yell's I didn't do it.

OKC-Grayson should be solid for the Jazz. He can shoot, cut and is a willing passer. He’ll fit right into their system.

Blazers-He'll be a nice Hayward replacement

Jazz-Get it because hes white hahahahhah

Sonics-He's gray, son.

76ers-Um no..its because he has surprising athleticism, and a high basketball acumen

Cavs-Gutty gym rat, first in first out, shoots, willing passer, fits into the system, brings his lunch bucket to work, team first, nice hygiene, punchable face.

OKC-I never would have drafted Trae top 8, but that's me personally

Unk-Trae was going to try and swing but didn’t want to air another shot

Lakers-That's actually a good foul by Grayson on the rip-through. If they are gonna rip-through make sure they feel it. I wish more players would be physical like that on defense.

Wolves-I hate Grayson Allen, but this is all on Trae Young. He basically put him in an arm bar and pushed down. I'd be mad too.

Wizards-And Grayson to his credit pretty much said **** that and hit him back afterwards. Like yeah it’s technically a foul, but it’s a bitch move especially when you not only do the arm hook but also push the head down.

Hawks-There was a fight? All I noticed is the dude that looked the size of a seventh grader attempting a shot. I hope we didn't give up anything useful for him.

Unk-Grayson at fault here too. Why would he contest Trae when it's gonna brick anyway.

Celts-Yeah it felt pretty disrespectful. When guarding Trae is so pointless, playing such close defense is pretty performative.

Lakers-Right, he definitely fouled Young, but I wouldn't call it dirty. And neither would anyone else in this thread if it was literally any player besides Allen.

Nets-NBA players should do that to Harden.

Unk-I’m gonna be a Grayson Allen fan screw it. He’s on a likeable team too. Cool to see another Draymond type guy.

Unk-I have to agree with you as unpopular as that opinion may be. Admittedly he’s made some dirty plays but for some reason I just like the guy and the grit he brings to the court.

Unk-He is pretty ****ing intense. It's kind of strange how we idolize players like Dennis Rodman or Ron Artest but when we have players in the modern times with their kind of crazy tenacity, we hate them.

Lakers-He reminds me just of Ingles, lmao... just like how he upset PG. Though, I thought Allen could have played it a lot better if he didnt do that headbutt/shove or whatever.

Jazz-Joe gonna take young Grayson under his Jingle Wing and teach him the ways of Jingling.

Heat-I can forsee Grayson getting in to some legit fights this year.

Celtics-Allen on the Jazz is the best thing ever

Unk-Is it just me or is Grayson Allen the perfect Utah Jazz player?

Unk-Young is lucky that wasn't streetball. He's got no shot in a dust up with Allen.

Celtics-Vet move from Grayson....I've seen KG pull the same push away with head/body with his hands up shtick. Good be entertaining viewing.

Celtics-Man I wish we drafted Allen.

Wolves-Douche vs. Douche. There is no winner here.

Mavs-Grayson has the perfect mentor in Jingles. This is a match made in heaven.

Unk-Grayson Allen - The new Bill Laimbeer

Unk-Grayson would **** him up, he's got the crazy eyes

Sonics-not sure I ever seen a 3 pt shooter get hooked like that. This is pretty advanced Dennis Rodman defense to get his opponent called for a tech after blowing his lid in response. Marcus Smart is pretty good at this too fer the youngins.

Unk-**** i think i love grayson allen

GSW-I think Allen will provide Utah with that edge. Every good team has a little edge.

Unk-It's amazing watching this as a avid boxing fan. You can see all the subtleties most ppl miss. It's hard to tell at first watch who did what, or who was in the wrong, because both guys keep throwing their hands up as if to say "It's not me". But they do this immediately after doing something rough. Allen intentionally gets tangled with Young, while playing innocent. Young tosses Allen to the ground, then is about to play innocent, but Allen kind of body rushes him backward a bit. Young then throws a few light shots - and plays innocent. ***** hilarious, and I'm high.

JA, this bears repeating over and over again... you are the man.

Dang it, I was down on the pick, but slowly he's growing on me. I'm almost to the point where I like him. This could be a fun/interesting part of next season.