What's new

Reverse Pet Peeves

Keefe

My mom and dad are in town down from Ogden to visit for a week or so. Love it when they visit, my dad is my best friend, mom is right there too. We get along great with them, my wife and I. We are going to the beach this weekend, dunk a bit and sit around and drink cold drinks and eat snacks and just shoot the ****. Enjoy the breezy 80 degree weather on the coast. Maybe dig some clams to make clam broth. Wade in the water, and go out on the pier. Damn I love that beach life. My wife and my dream is to buy a beach bungalo to retire in. Just need 2.5 million to get a 2 bedroom 1 bath unit that is about 600 sq ft, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, so we’ll never be able to afford that here. I also don’t think we can afford our dream home…now it would probably around 1.3-1.5M…but I think if rates come back down in the next 7-8 years (I’m sure they will), a second house is doable. I’ve always wanted Maine and one piece of upside of Maine (on top of all the reasons I want to get a house there) is rising temps. It’s still cold as balls but there are far more hot days than there was even just 20-30 years ago and that’s going to continue to change. Supposedly.

SoberasHotRod

Yeah, so we’ll never be able to afford that here. I also don’t think we can afford our dream home…now it would probably around 1.3-1.5M…but I think if rates come back down in the next 7-8 years (I’m sure they will), a second house is doable. I’ve always wanted Maine and one piece of upside of Maine (on top of all the reasons I want to get a house there) is rising temps. It’s still cold as balls but there are far more hot days than there was even just 20-30 years ago and that’s going to continue to change. Supposedly.

Our current dream (well my current dream that my wife is going along with for now) is a summer home on a large property away from everyone in South Dakota. It's a little bit of a compromise as I would love to retire to the middle of nowhere, but my wife actuality likes people for some reason. So I said we can live next to people in a city for part of the year and then have a place to escape to for the other part of the year.

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
Our current dream (well my current dream that my wife is going along with for now) is a summer home on a large property away from everyone in South Dakota. It's a little bit of a compromise as I would love to retire to the middle of nowhere, but my wife actuality likes people for some reason. So I said we can live next to people in a city for part of the year and then have a place to escape to for the other part of the year.
My wife keeps saying she wants to move somewhere even warmer than here (SLC). I keep saying I want to move to the middle of nowhere Montana or even Alaska.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
My wife keeps saying she wants to move somewhere even warmer than here (SLC). I keep saying I want to move to the middle of nowhere Montana or even Alaska.
Depends what she means by warmer than SLC. I would prefer somewhere that does not have miserable winters like SLC, but also not scorching summers. A nice place that is 70-90 year round sounds great to me, especially if its near water. I want somewhere that has a decent size city nearby but has plenty of open space nearby as well I can escape to. Oh, and a cheap cost of living. Easy enough!

My guess for me that is that is going to end up being south east asia or the pacific somewhere. My plan is to move to another country that I might not like for 4-5 years where we can both make money. Then my wife and I will move to a place we might want to retire and work for a few more years before retiring and running a small hotel with a bar and a gym near the ocean in a good spot.

She wants to keep a house in Shanghai and I want to have a place in SLC so we can bounce around to and make a little money on. We'll see about the SLC side though. It looks hard to find a place. I am hoping both Shanghai and SLC have a small crash soon in housing.

Last edited:

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
My mom and dad are in town down from Ogden to visit for a week or so. Love it when they visit, my dad is my best friend, mom is right there too. We get along great with them, my wife and I. We are going to the beach this weekend, dunk a bit and sit around and drink cold drinks and eat snacks and just shoot the ****. Enjoy the breezy 80 degree weather on the coast. Maybe dig some clams to make clam broth. Wade in the water, and go out on the pier. Damn I love that beach life. My wife and my dream is to buy a beach bungalo to retire in. Just need 2.5 million to get a 2 bedroom 1 bath unit that is about 600 sq ft, right? :rolleyes:
Greetings from Balboa pier and beach. Nice day today. 80 with a breeze. Couldn't ask for more. And today happened to be when like every college cheerleader decided to go to the beach or something. That's a good day.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Greetings from Balboa pier and beach. Nice day today. 80 with a breeze. Couldn't ask for more. And today happened to be when like every college cheerleader decided to go to the beach or something. That's a good day.
I've always said the only things I don't like about the beach are the sun, the sand, and the salt water. Other than that the beach is alright.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
My work employing Physical Therapists on site for employees to use. (I might have already mentioned this btw). So far they worked to eliminate my tennis elbow, low back pain, and now upper shoulder/lower neck pain. Today they even had a traction machine for my neck that was pretty sweet. I think im all better now at this point.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I've always said the only things I don't like about the beach are the sun, the sand, and the salt water. Other than that the beach is alright.
I'm a card-carrying beach-bum. I'd live on the beach if I could. I mean right on it. In a sand-Castle or whatever. What a ****ing great day! Weather was perfect. View was unbelievable. Lots of, um, other great things to watch. Fantastic. And basically did nothing. Living the dream.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'm a card-carrying beach-bum. I'd live on the beach if I could. I mean right on it. In a sand-Castle or whatever. What a ****ing great day! Weather was perfect. View was unbelievable. Lots of, um, other great things to watch. Fantastic. And basically did nothing. Living the dream.
I lived in San Diego for 6 years and went to the beach like 4 times. Absolutely not my thing. Really not my thing.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

Im the same. Cant get enough of the beach. Also the mountains and forest. This is why lake tahoe is probably the best habitat in the world for me. Though the water is too cold but i could always wear a wetsuit

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app