What's new

Ricky Rubio makes 4 threes in a row, his Spanish teammates are puzzled

jjscap

A friendly game but you can see his confidence is sky high.

What in the Sam Hill.. He used to be shying away from shooting threes now it's the opposite. I vividly remember one such instance in Germany vs Spain game last summer. Down the stretch he was wide open at the top but decided to pass the ball making a gesture suggesting his hands are wet.. what a transformation within a single year. His teammates from the national team could not believe their eyes.

He had a career high 3P% last season and shot over 40% following the ASB.

Long live UTAH JAZZ development program! which is good enough to help improve 7-year players!

It's Quinn. He has deployed a subtle, 4th level demon and Ricky is now possessed.

Quinn did this because he is Lucifer.

Wouldn't surprise me. But it's a testament to how good Quin really is. Rubio had Adelman, Mitchell and Thibbs before Quin and none gave him confidence in his form. Quin stuck with him, pushed his comfort zone, and stuck with him until everything just clicked. Ricky performed at the best clip of his career to where he became a legitimate scoring threat for the first time.

Example #5,324 of why Jazz players will follow our coke-addled coach to hell.

love Felipe Reyes' reaction

He waited until 38 for this moment :confused::D

BLJyWQ.gif

The Mystery Machine gang pulls off the Rubio mask and underneath is Jimmer Fredette. Select members of Jazzfanz faint in excitement.
Dude, nobody buys it. I'd go with the demon story first. We all know Jimmer only makes them from the H.S. 3pt line.

Wouldn't surprise me. But it's a testament to how good Quin really is. Rubio had Adelman, Mitchell and Thibbs before Quin and none gave him confidence in his form. Quin stuck with him, pushed his comfort zone, and stuck with him until everything just clicked. Ricky performed at the best clip of his career to where he became a legitimate scoring threat for the first time.

MPW-70714

I want to see this: a Speed Team Six. Toss Rubio, Mitchell, Exum, Jingles, and Favors on the floor and just go full Houston mode. 3-4 ball handlers, up and down the court and make it rain. Maybe get a Kevin Love type for outlet passes and more threes. Plz Quin bby, plz.

I want to see this: a Speed Team Six. Toss Rubio, Mitchell, Exum, Jingles, and Favors on the floor and just go full Houston mode. 3-4 ball handlers, up and down the court and make it rain. Maybe get a Kevin Love type for outlet passes and more threes. Plz Quin bby, plz.

No, sadly that is a stupid suggestion ...

And also Flip Saunders.

This gives me hope that this wont be the third year in a row where Rubio shoots like garbage the first half of the year and then pick up in the second half.

I really want to see Rubio shoot over .400 for the season from 3. That would be amazing for his game and our team.

Rubio's poor shooting from deep was a much bigger spacing issue than Favors and Gobert playing together. A big that cant shoot from 3 still adds plenty of value in spacing, rebounding, and screens on offense. A PG that gets left wide open really hurts the offense.