What's new

Russell Westbrook and the Utah Jazz

Bodhi

Contributor
I'm gonna spit ball here and just start a discussion.

It's not like it hasn't been said before that KD and Westbrook could eventually be split up. I don't have the stats but hasn't it been said that both have, at times, been better without the other? Reggie Jackson has become very good when Russ was out injured as well.

I personally don't think this is THAT far fetched. We are likely one of the few teams able to pull it off and there is likely not a better time than now with a new coach coming in and a very high lottery pick in a great draft on the way. In reading about Westbrooks personality, he seems to relish in the underdog/looked over roll. Well he'd instantly have his own team in an underdog market.

If OKC gets bounced in the first round there will be a lot of hand wringing in that organization. We'd be able to offer a lot of different options from young players to draft picks to cap room to accommodate multi-team trades.

Thoughts?

A deal like Burke, Kanter, and GSW pick? Is that too much for an all-star? We do that and then go hard at Embiid.

Sorry, but No. I don't want him. He needs that explosiveness to succeed - the way he plays - and with all those injuries now? I'm just not so sure.

I guess I just don't like the idea of mortgaging the house for some damaged goods.

Sorry, but No. I don't want him. He needs that explosiveness to succeed - the way he plays.

I guess I just don't like the idea of mortgaging the house for some damaged goods.

What if we draft Randle and Westbook INSISTS we play him at SF?

Westbrook is a beast. Would love to have him on the team.

Gonna lol @ the people who want the Jazz to be better, but don't want to have players like Harden, Melo, or Westbrook. Only the Lebron and Durant types are acceptable. Good luck with that.

Westbrook is a beast. Would love to have him on the team.

Gonna lol @ the people who want the Jazz to be better, but don't want to have players like Harden, Melo, or Westbrook. Only the Lebron and Durant types are acceptable. Good luck with that.

.... only as long as his knee holds up.