What's new

Ryan Smith has some accountability here

bigmike

Don't think we've seen this level of toxicity and disfunction before in my 30 year career as a Jazz fan.

The Millers had their flaws as owners and obviously we never got over the hump. But at least it was a tight ship from the top down. If there was a cancer in the organization they were dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Discontent among the roster, coaching staff, and FO in multiple directions? Wasn't going to fly, no way no how.

Ryan buddy, you're up. Get your house together.

Don't think we've seen this level of toxicity and disfunction before in my 30 year career as a Jazz fan.

The Millers had their flaws as owners and obviously we never got over the hump. But at least it was a tight ship from the top down. If there was a cancer in the organization they were dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Discontent among the roster, coaching staff, and FO in multiple directions? Wasn't going to fly, no way no how.

The problem more than any other is that he went out of his way to build this house. He could’ve just coasted on what was already built but he didn’t.

Part of the Jazz problem that last three or so years has been the lousy defense on the perimeter. It's like they have five Jimmers on the floor at once. Is it bad scheme, lack of effort, injuries and/or all of the above?

Letting Ainge and the coaching staff as well as all of the players all skip out on interviews is a pretty outward showing of what happens internally. It may make sense if things are nuked that it was super bad and we needed to resolve things prior to putting a live mic in front of folks... but its likely just more shrinking from responsibility.

Part of the Jazz problem that last three or so years has been the lousy defense on the perimeter. It's like they have five Jimmers on the floor at once. Is it bad scheme, lack of effort, injuries and/or all of the above?
It’s Quin not making team defense or a system of accountability an emphasis of any kind. I’ve seen less athletic/gifted players work just fine in a scheme because they buy in to its importance. Late-career Korver would’ve been one of our better defenders.

You may like/dislike Smith, Ainge, Wade, Donovan(?) as people or even inside their current position.....but there's no way you can feel comfortable going forward with these guys as our brain trust. Everyone is part time/making decisions outside of what should be their responsibility.

I personally think that much of why we are where is are is directly associated with decisions Smith has made. If the Millers and DL were still here we may not have won but this would not be happening. He has made it about him and his guys and it has absolutely impacted the team and the organization as a whole. I hope there is a positive slope on the learning curve.

There is a whole bunch of overreaction on this forum right now.

We put together a crappy playoff roster around our two stars who dont like each other.

Once again, this is an "everyone is at least partly responsible" situation. If we stayed put, point fingers. We aren't staying put this offseason.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The only blame I put on Smith at this point is allowing the jazz to sign Rudy Gay. Anyone with a brain should have seen that as a stupid move. You don't sign 35yr olds to 3yr contract. I wish I knew who was the architect of the Ingles for Juancho and NAW trade because that was brilliant. Unfortunately Quin was his usually ******* self and refused to play NAW while giving minutes to a scrub in Royce. I also loved the Paschall and Butler additions but once again Quin got in the way. At this point Quin is the cancer that needs to be cut away.

The only blame I put on Smith at this point is allowing the jazz to sign Rudy Gay. Anyone with a brain should have seen that as a stupid move. You don't sign 35yr olds to 3yr contract. I wish I knew who was the architect of the Ingles for Juancho and NAW trade because that was brilliant. Unfortunately Quin was his usually ******* self and refused to play NAW while giving minutes to a scrub in Royce. I also loved the Paschall and Butler additions but once again Quin got in the way. At this point Quin is the cancer that needs to be cut away.
Maybe we can kick over his walker as he recovers from hip replacement surgery.

There’s been other moments. The year Mark Jackson tried to lobby that he should start over Stockton and the locker room being somewhat divided. Vets with Stockton, and young guys were with Jackson. There was the crap with AK47, DWill and Sloan at odds. Malone going off on Larry for an entire off-season because Ostertag was making more money. He had an entire radio show devoted to raking Tag and Miller over the coals, lol. Millsap refusing to accept a bench role. Bell being ordered to stay away from the team. And honestly that’s right off the top of my head, I’m sure I’m missing others. There’s been a lot of turmoil over the years, but this is probably the worst.

There’s been other moments. The year Mark Jackson tried to lobby that he should start over Stockton and the locker room being somewhat divided. Vets with Stockton, and young guys were with Jackson. There was the crap with AK47, DWill and Sloan at odds. Malone going off on Larry for an entire off-season because Ostertag was making more money. He had an entire radio show devoted to raking Tag and Miller over the coals, lol. Millsap refusing to accept a bench role. Bell being ordered to stay away from the team. And honestly that’s right off the top of my head, I’m sure I’m missing others. There’s been a lot of turmoil over the years, but this is probably the worst.
I don't know if the turmoil is worse, or just the overall weight given to rumors these days.

Back then, a report was a report with substance and not just a feeling. Now, everybody is cynical and we are always pushed to take a side. Sports, politics, etc.

So much negativity which leads to a divide which leads to picking sides.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

What we're experiencing is really Dennis Lindsey's doing...
1) Building a Spurs-like system and culture with a Spurs coach.
2) Betting on Mike Conley to be the Jazz's third star player.
3) Making questionable draft decisions (Udoka over Bane & McDaniels, missing out on Herb Jones)

What we're experiencing is really Dennis Lindsey's doing...
1) Building a Spurs-like system and culture with a Spurs coach.
2) Betting on Mike Conley to be the Jazz's third star player.
3) Making questionable draft decisions (Udoka over Bane & McDaniels, missing out on Herb Jones)
Don't forget Quin and DL not speaking for about a year. I'm sure that helped things out.

How the **** did Smith grow Qualtrics? His business acumen is embarrassing.
The thing you’ll learn about most business men that are wildly successful is either they are complete immoral assholes or extremely lucky.

Hard work is not the key to success or there would be a lot of rich single moms. It’s opportunity and luck and in a lot of cases, the ability to absolutely screw over those around you.

Letting Ainge and the coaching staff as well as all of the players all skip out on interviews is a pretty outward showing of what happens internally. It may make sense if things are nuked that it was super bad and we needed to resolve things prior to putting a live mic in front of folks... but its likely just more shrinking from responsibility.

So bo public exit interviews this year? Interesting

How the **** did Smith grow Qualtrics? His business acumen is embarrassing.
It was his dad's business to begin with. Ryan was probably the psychopath in the family so he gravitated to the CEO spot since he has no conscience. And the assessment of luck and timing is accurate. It was the right business at the right time more than anything else.

Like I've said before, he seems like a kid with a new toy. The kid assessment is accurate as well.

Overpay Conley then sign a 36yr old Gay to a 3yr deal isn't the best start for a new owner