Votes: 2 6.5%
  • RJ & Marvin

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No one. Leave it like it is!

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Revolution 9

Contributor
This season will be a lot better if we get rid of a few players. RJ? Marvin(is debatable), Evans?

Should we get rid of these players or not Jazzfanz? Tell me what you are feeling.

No need to get rid of'em. Just sit'em in the bench and give the actual players some more starting experience. These kinds of players do their work best at towel waving and mentoring with a little pat on the back.

guys i cant follow the games still can anybody give me an update? do we still suck or we are better with Trey burke in. I heard we beat oklahoma that must be something. And what about Kanter? he is below expectations statistically , hasnt he been promising in recent games or still he isnt good enough?
Would be happy to see beneficial answers
Thanks

guys i cant follow the games still can anybody give me an update? do we still suck or we are better with Trey burke in. I heard we beat oklahoma that must be something. And what about Kanter? he is below expectations statistically , hasnt he been promising in recent games or still he isnt good enough?
Would be happy to see beneficial answers
Thanks

Jazz are dramatically better with Burke playing full time. Jazz are around .500 since Burke came back from injury. Kanter has had horrible D and has been getting limited minutes. He continues to show promise on the offensive end though. Burks and Favors are steppign it up as well.

I thought i wanted marvin at beginning of the season, even started a thread on here defending him as an asset to keep because I thought he'd be better this year. After seeing Kanter's minutes (and by extension, Gobert's) severely reduced by Marvin, and Burks' minutes be at the whim of whether Corbin thinks RJ is playing decent on any said night, I say we trade them both for anything.

It is ideal that both go but I would rather see RJ go first since he is already too old and can't play defense. Move Marvin to 3 and it opens up minutes for Kanter as well.

It is ideal that both go but I would rather see RJ go first since he is already too old and can't play defense. Move Marvin to 3 and it opens up minutes for Kanter as well.

This is how I feel.

Marvin has shown me enough this year to think he should be looked at as part of the team past this season. (hopefully he isn't just ballin out cause its a contract year and then goes back to 2012-13 marvin)

This is how I feel.

Marvin has shown me enough this year to think he should be looked at as part of the team past this season. (hopefully he isn't just ballin out cause its a contract year and then goes back to 2012-13 marvin)

I would like Marvin at the 3 primarily, with spot up minutes as a stretch 4. He is a great wing defender. I just don't see Corbin going for this. So much has been written about the Jazz recent success and the floor spacing of a stretch 4. If Corbin let Kanter shoot 3's, and if Kanter made them in game, then maybe we could see Marvin go back to the 3.

This is how I feel.

I agree. But I did think about one thing while listening to Lockes podcast yesterday. Locke said Marvin is dealing a ton of physical stuff, and looks like he just got home from a war after every game. Why not just shut him down for like 25 games? If he complains that it is a contract year, the Jazz could just assure him that they want to keep him, and say that they have a 4 year contract at like 5 million per year waiting for him. I like Marvin as a stretch 4, and probably even as a 3 on this team. He is a solid guy to have off the bench, and in the locker room. But like you said, it could be that he is jsut in a contract year, and is playing out of his mind.

I agree. But I did think about one thing while listening to Lockes podcast yesterday. Locke said Marvin is dealing a ton of physical stuff, and looks like he just got home from a war after every game. Why not just shut him down for like 25 games? If he complains that it is a contract year, the Jazz could just assure him that they want to keep him, and say that they have a 4 year contract at like 5 million per year waiting for him. I like Marvin as a stretch 4, and probably even as a 3 on this team. He is a solid guy to have off the bench, and in the locker room. But like you said, it could be that he is jsut in a contract year, and is playing out of his mind.

Good post

I really respect both RJ and MarWil this season. But they do threaten the tank and take minutes from younger guys who have more of a chance at being long-term Jazz players. It's a tough situation.

Moving both would clear up minutes for Burks and Kanter. This is Marv's contract year, if we resign him, he will return to his timid play and we will all be screaming for a trade any ways.

I'd love for The Jazz to find a way to keep Marvin but the reality is he's playing himself into a decent 3 or 4 year contract that Utah would do well to avoid taking on.

I find no logical reason (Tank or otherwise) that Richard Jefferson is playing as many minutes a game that he is or finishing any of them. Either reduce his minutes to about 14-16 max or get rid of the guy altogether.

serious question, when was the last time that guy played any minutes? It seems like it has been a while.

I looked it up, and he played last on Dec 28. Looks like before that, he was getting about 12 per game.

Frankly, Marv and RJ playing give us the best chance to win games, and that is what Corbin and the FO are trying to do, win games. If they were fully in on the tank we would be seeing JLIIIixiII or whatever and Gobert playing solid minutes. Instead, they are putting some older, but still very serviceable players on the floor at important times and, (un)fortunately it has been a decent strategy. I do respect the organization for not going full-tank mode, but I am having menstrual cramps thinking about another half-decade to decade of mediocrity.

Can anyone give me a long-term reason to keep either of them for the rest of the year? The Jazz are technically in as good of a position to re-sign Marv (or Jefferson) whether he ends the season with the Jazz or not. That's not to mention that his performance this year is aberrational in several key ways. And Richard Jefferson's going ring chasing anyway. Does anyone think the Jazz have the slightest shot at a ring or even a conceivable shot at even getting in to the playoffs?