Say "No" to Overlord Governance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by babe, Dec 15, 2012.

1. babe

babe Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    So here's what Warren Buffet said could change the way we are governed, for starters:

The above came to me in email form, I think it's worth discussing, and doing.

The fundamental thing that is wrong with our government today is the way the politicians set themselves apart from the rest of us, and impose poor management on us while feathering their beds in every possible way. We need to just say "No" to government like this, and put our "representatives" in the servant class.

2. Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I'm in, except that this is Warren Buffet after all so I'm looking for another motive. This is the same guy that calls for taxes on everybody else because he can avoid them all through his Bill Gates Hedge Fund.

Haha, Google says My Warren Buffet sense was right:

https://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/buffett.asp

The quote seems to be Buffets, but the email stuff isn't. It is a good idea though regardless. Too sensible that Warren would actually lend his voice to seeing something like this through.

3. HeavenHarris

HeavenHarris Banned

Jun 20, 2011
    hey guys do you think this extends to the jazzfanzcommunity as well?
    i mean we the people are the ones who make up the community. without the JFC, JF would be nothin but a bunch of random code, e-garbage in the land of internetdom. we, as a whole, should be served and get what we want as a majority. is it really fair that we let a select few 1% overlords dictate the JFC?

4. babe

babe Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I should have smelled the rat in the Warren Buffet quote being emailed by teaparty howlers, but JFC is a wholly-owned private enterprise. That's why the overlords here can do whatever they really want to do to us. I just find them to be one of the more gracious bunch of overlords on the planet, personally. Without them, I'd be over at Jazzhacks. . . . .

5. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones In pursuit of #9 Contributor

Jun 23, 2010
    Enjoyed the post, babe.

6. Gyp Rosetti

Gyp Rosetti Banned

May 26, 2010
    Sounds good but I'd expect some cooking of the books just like in many shady, large enterprises where people must meet the bottom line or feel the consequences.

7. babe

babe Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    the real hitch is getting congressmen to vote for this. . . . and of course the books will be cooked, too. already are.

8. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    https://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/12/gov-dossiers-on-us-citizens/

Here's your sign...