What's new

Search function

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
When I search it gives me a thread, but no page .. am I doing it wrong? I realize that could be the extent of the search function, but to search for a single post among 100+ pages is a bit ..

Do you ever quit having to be rescued by your inadequate posts/takes?

Have an answer there, tough guy?

Damn me and my fat fingers!!!!!! That's supposed to say "my dad IS tougher than yours"

When I search it gives me a thread, but no page .. am I doing it wrong? I realize that could be the extent of the search function, but to search for a single post among 100+ pages is a bit ..

Same for me. For instance, If I already could find what I am looking for in a 600+ pages of the Draft Thread, I wouldn't use the search option at all.

But, it's on us, I think. Most probably, we don't know how to search exactly.

As a solution, I now search the thing that I'm looking for then I chose a thread among the results, then in the thread, I hit the "Search Thread" option which is on the thread menu bar and search the term again. This time it gives the results as posts.

I know it's not ideal but I couldn't do better.

As a solution, I now search the thing that I'm looking for then I chose a thread among the results, then in the thread, I hit the "Search Thread" option which is on the thread menu bar and search the term again. This time it gives the results as posts.

I know it's not ideal but I couldn't do better.

That helps a lot. Rep'd. Now move me up from 8 to 1, thanks.