What's new

Shaky Millsap?

vulture11b.jpg

No one is safe on Jazzfans, not Paul, not Matt, not Earl, not...ahem...raja.

Sap is having a bad year though. At least he can't be blamed for 'Contract Year' huh?

Freakin Corbin sat him the whole 4th quarter Friday night. Great to have Favors out there, but nothing for Paul??

Millsap has basically a career high usage, yet career low offensive rating, win shares/48, and fg%

Of course Sap is having a bad year. His go to move is a step back 20 footer. Millsap to the bench is the most obvious move, and that's the move Ty refuses to make. I'm sick and tired of seeing Ty march out Millsap and Al in the starting lineup.

IMHO Favors is ready to start, Kanter is not. Failing to develop him is haunting right now.

On a side note, Mo Williams and Foye at the bottom of the list. Not a good sign! To check for relevance I brought up a half dozen other teams with superstars. All were in the top half of the list with the exception of Dwill who was -8. Kobe is +124 or something crazy like that!

I think this 'shaky' metric is actually pretty decent in showing that the majority of our starters lie in the bottom half!

Freakin Corbin sat him the whole 4th quarter Friday night. Great to have Favors out there, but nothing for Paul??
This is as it should have been. Honestly right now Millsap does not deserve more minutes than Favors or Jefferson or maybe even Kanter.

Millsap historically is terrible against the Kings. Last year he shot 40% and averaged 8 points per game in 4 games against them.

Millsap usually has a shaky month every year also, see February of last season were he shot 45% and averaged 13 ppg.

So basically we just saw his toughest matchup twice in a row, things will pick up.

Milsap's +/- sucks, but look at Foye's!

BTW:
Locke:
"Paul Millsap has always been one of the Jazz best +/- players - in the last 6 games Jazz are -44 with Paul on the floor #apocalypse"

It sometimes hurts to hit a ceiling, and I think Millsap has hit it. He might be able to refine what he already has but he's done developing. It's a good thing he developed a shot because he needs it for those nights that he can't get by his defender. He is the prime example of on indian who thinks that he is a cheif. All of the teams challenges would be easier if he would accept a bench role and pay check because he would dominate most backup PF's, but no, he's 'a starter'.

Oh by the way, someone look up the numbers but I don't think his mid range shot has been going in lately. That's a problem.

It sometimes hurts to hit a ceiling, and I think Millsap has hit it. He might be able to refine what he already has but he's done developing. It's a good thing he developed a shot because he needs it for those nights that he can't get by his defender. He is the prime example of on indian who thinks that he is a cheif. All of the teams challenges would be easier if he would accept a bench role and pay check because he would dominate most backup PF's, but no, he's 'a starter'.

Oh by the way, someone look up the numbers but I don't think his mid range shot has been going in lately. That's a problem.

At rim - 67%
3-9ft - 37.5%
10-15ft - 57.1%
16-23ft - 26%