What's new

Shall we extend Favors now?

latin jazz

I was wondering. Do you guys think that the FO will take a more cautious approach regarding Favors' extension and wait for a few weeks (months???) before engaging in serious conversations?

Shall they use the money to extend Hill instead? (meaning Favors might be gone after the expiration of his contract, with the rest or our cap going to Hood, Exum or Lyles

On the evil side, maybe the FO can use his recent injury history as leverage to get a discount in extension discussions (if they are happening...as we haven't heard anything about them yet)

So, do you think his recent injury history might have an impact on his extension or even future with the Jazz? I think Favors is a great fit with the Jazz and that the FO might be looking at a discount, especially with extensions of other players coming fast. A discount might be hard to get, since teams throw max deals nowadays like candies, even to injured players like Parsons or W. Matthews

Maybe due to his injuries, we can extend Favor cheaply? Maybe something like 15m a year? :cool:

Is $15 mil/year a discount for a husk? What the **** is going on?

Are you sure? I think Favors might recover from those overuse injuries with a full offseason of rest. If we really can sign him for 15 per, then it's a no brainer. You take the risk.

Favors has never sustained a major injury. People are acting like he is on his second torn acl or something.

This should be the prime of his career.

You don't invest in someone who is breaking down like this.

I love Favors, but from what we see I think it's time to move on.

Are you sure? I think Favors might recover from those overuse injuries with a full offseason of rest. If we really can sign him for 15 per, then it's a no brainer. You take the risk.

Didn't he just have an off-season?

15 per year is a bargain for Utah, top flight 4's don't grow on trees. He'll be fine

I have always been worried about favors health simply due to watching him run up and down the court. His back always worried me. Now his knee.

I would only extend/re-sign him if it was for a really nice discount.

Plus i think that lyles and gobert will be a fantastic frontcourt for years to come.

And I love me some favors.

I have always been worried about favors health simply due to watching him run up and down the court. His back always worried me. Now his knee.

I would only extend/re-sign him if it was for a really nice discount.

Plus i think that lyles and gobert will be a fantastic frontcourt for years to come.

And I love me some favors.

....and people keep saying he hasnt really missed that many games. Thats not really the point. He is often not close to 100% when out there.
He seems to break down a lot, and he is limited on the court. A healthy Favors is a beast, but we havent seen that enough on the court. A limited/injured Favors
is replaceable. I get that when he is healthy that he is truly a special talent.

These injuries should make us tread lightly. I dont see him completely getting over these injuries and suddenly being the player we dreamed hed be for a full season.
Especially not as he get older. These types of injuries tend to be very tough to fully recover from.

If we can get him at a discount then absolutely, you take the risk...besides he hasnt had a major injury, just hasn't been at 100% due to back/knee issues. Very rare to find a guy at his age, skill level who wants to stay in Utah

....and people keep saying he hasnt really missed that many games. Thats not really the point. He is often not close to 100% when out there.
He seems to break down a lot, and he is limited on the court. A healthy Favors is a beast, but we havent seen that enough on the court. A limited/injured Favors
is replaceable. I get that when he is healthy that he is truly a special talent.

These injuries should make us tread lightly. I dont see him completely getting over these injuries and suddenly being the player we dreamed hed be for a full season.
Especially not as he get older. These types of injuries tend to be very tough to fully recover from.

Favors at 80% is better at defense and rebounding than any other big besides Gobert on this team. It's not replaceable. Offense maybe. But defense you are asking for trouble. I get him being injured makes people think he's expendable. But be careful what you wish for. I have no confidence in Lyles like many here do. He's got a good shot, but he lacks fundamentals like freaking rebounding! He has a **** load of work to do before I even think of the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

$15M a year, you sign him in a heartbeat. It'll never happen. I'm thinking closer to $25M per.

A part of me wonders if D Fav is going to be the odd man out. Pretty clear we can't pay Rudy, Gordon, George Hill, Favors, and Rodney, and I think GH and Hoodie are musts. G Hill has been a revelation, but he's old. Favors is also awesome, but seems to be a walking minor injury. Who do we side with if it comes down between the two?

If it's me making the call, I re-up Favors, and if that means Hill is too expensive to re-sign then so be it.

You don't invest in someone who is breaking down like this.

Curry

Also, GS invested in Andrew Bogut, which was important to them in winning a title. Depends on the situation, but Favors is worth investing in. If you can extend him at a discount, you take that gamble. However, I'd put extending Hill as a priority.

Curry

Also, GS invested in Andrew Bogut, which was important to them in winning a title. Depends on the situation, but Favors is worth investing in. If you can extend him at a discount, you take that gamble. However, I'd put extending Hill as a priority.

See, I'm really on the fence about both Favors and Hill. The former because of his injuries and the latter because of his age, Exum and the fact that this draft's pg crop is unbelievably strong.

Right now, the only sure things who should undoubtedly be on this team for the next five+ years are Hayward, Hood and Gobert IMO.

$15M a year, you sign him in a heartbeat. It'll never happen. I'm thinking closer to $25M per.

A part of me wonders if D Fav is going to be the odd man out. Pretty clear we can't pay Rudy, Gordon, George Hill, Favors, and Rodney, and I think GH and Hoodie are musts. G Hill has been a revelation, but he's old. Favors is also awesome, but seems to be a walking minor injury. Who do we side with if it comes down between the two?

If it's me making the call, I re-up Favors, and if that means Hill is too expensive to re-sign then so be it.

Not worth it considering how much he's gonna be injured....

I personally guarantee that, barring injury, Hill has three more good years beyond this one. After that, there's the stretch provision.

Injuries or not, 15 is a steal. I'd throw out an offer of 4 years, 65M and see what his agent says. Which almost certainly would be no. But I'd start there.