What's new

"Shut up and dribble"

Yeah I don't get it. Clearly they have a platform that amplifies their first amendment right. A right they are choosing to use.

Kudos to them for having an employer that willingly lets them use that platform.

Speak away LeBron, Durant and anyone else.

Laura Ingraham’s rant summarized:

“How dare a black boy speak out against a white man? Doesn’t this boy know his place, to serve and entertain us? Somebody needs a lashin!”

It’s hilarious to watch Fox News cream over any white celebrity or ceo who promotes their agenda. They’ll defend Trump’s tax cut handout to himself. After all, he’s a self made man. Earned every penny. And is worth it too!

Yet they’ll attack someone like Steph Curry or Lebron and diminish their accomplishments. As if “all” Lebron does is “dribble a ball.” And as if they’re grossly overpaid.

It’s unreal how in just two years Fox News has gone from being slanted towards the right to being indistinguishable from North Korean propaganda.

Lebron, is my favorite basketball player. However, Lebron's politics are NOT my favorite. Everyone has to make everything about race. Are these comments appropriate? Probably not, but are half the comments about Trump? Probably not.

Yeah I don't get it. Clearly they have a platform that amplifies their first amendment right. A right they are choosing to use.

Kudos to them for having an employer that willingly lets them use that platform.

Speak away LeBron, Durant and anyone else.

This has nothing to do with using your First Amendment right; they obviously have that right. It's about using a position of power and influence to manipulate and indoctrinate highly impressionable children. I have co-workers who say their children come home from school and a teacher told them the GOP is evil and hates poor people. That should be grounds for immediate firing. People in those positions of power and influence need to shut the hell up when talking to children. You want to get into an adult sphere and try to influence adults then be my guest (and good luck with that), but to have a child audience you should exercise a little restraint. The only politics kids need to know have to do with separation of powers, history, and branch structure. Everything else needs to wait until they are adults.

This has nothing to do with using your First Amendment right; they obviously have that right. It's about using a position of power and influence to manipulate and indoctrinate highly impressionable children. I have co-workers who say their children come home from school and a teacher told them the GOP is evil and hates poor people. That should be grounds for immediate firing. People in those positions of power and influence need to shut the hell up when talking to children. You want to get into an adult sphere and try to influence adults then be my guest (and good luck with that), but to have a child audience you should exercise a little restraint. The only politics kids need to know have to do with separation of powers, history, and branch structure. Everything else needs to wait until they are adults.

The issue is more about selling a story than it about the man who said it. ESPN sticks a mic in front of these guys to get some candid opinions. It is at their discretion to release the clip or not. Ingraham picks up on it up to her to make it into a bigger story than it already is. Your point that young minds can be influenced by these stories Is very real. These stories also get ratings. make no mistake this is propaganda put out by both sides but mostly from Fox News to their viewers.

Here is a video I recently watched where Paul McCartney makes an excellent point about when the BBC came knocking on his door and ask him if he used drugs. Video, that I encourage you to watch. Paul McCartney's opinion starts at about the 2-minute mark. His opinion is very relevant to news stories today.

The issue is more about selling a story than it about the man who said it. ESPN sticks a mic in front of these guys to get some candid opinions. It is at their discretion to release the clip or not. Ingraham picks up on it up to her to make it into a bigger story than it already is. Your point that young minds can be influenced by these stories Is very real. These stories also get ratings. make no mistake this is propaganda put out by both sides but mostly from Fox News to their viewers.

No disagreement here. Ingraham was distasteful and salty with her commentary but that's how she pays the bills. She's not PBS NewsHour or NPR. Fox News knows how to rattle the sabers better than any other single news organization (taking the shell game conglomerates apart anyway).

Riiiiiight.

If this truly was the issue then why the hell does Fox News routinely invite people like Ted Nugent, Curt Schilling, Kid Rock, Bob Knight, Chuck Norris, and Dana Loesh to speak on political matters? Shouldn’t they merely stick to “dibbling the ball?”

Why didn’t Fox News attack Steve Kerr or Greg Poppovich?

Fire teachers? I’ve been a part of this research at our university. You can’t do that when there’s a huge teacher shortage in Utah. Want to fire teachers? Then you must drastically improve state spending into public education to create a surplus of teaching candidates.

I have co-workers who say their children come home from school and a teacher told them the GOP is evil and hates poor people. That should be grounds for immediate firing.

Agreed.

franklin said:
People in those positions of power and influence need to shut the hell up when talking to children.

Applies to teachers, but not Lebron James.

Agreed.

Applies to teachers, but not Lebron James.

Legally, but ethically I disagree. Many people here hold Trump with contempt because he's not stately. I think in general that people in positions of power and influence should act in a higher manner than those of a lower station.

Laura Ingraham’s rant summarized:

“How dare a black boy speak out against a white man? Doesn’t this boy know his place, to serve and entertain us? Somebody needs a lashin!”

It’s hilarious to watch Fox News cream over any white celebrity or ceo who promotes their agenda. They’ll defend Trump’s tax cut handout to himself. After all, he’s a self made man. Earned every penny. And is worth it too!

Yet they’ll attack someone like Steph Curry or Lebron and diminish their accomplishments. As if “all” Lebron does is “dribble a ball.” And as if they’re grossly overpaid.

It’s unreal how in just two years Fox News has gone from being slanted towards the right to being indistinguishable from North Korean propaganda.
Do you really believe the stuff you write?

Laura Ingraham is a political commentator. She is not reporting news. She's giving her opinion. I happen to disagree with her on a wide variety of subjects, so much so that I do not listen to her program. Rachel Maddow is similar, except on the other side of the spectrum. Neither speak for an entire network, and definitely not for an entire political party.

Fox probably gets at least as excited about non-white celebs and execs who promote their agenda. Why would you think otherwise? MSNBC, not surprisingly, is partial to celebs and execs who promote theirs.

There is probably a huge difference between Fox and North Korean propaganda. I'm no expert because I've never watched North Korean television and if I did I'm confident I wouldn't understand much of it because they speak a different language. I'm definitely not going to trust your biased opinion on that one.

If your goal is to change anyone's mind you ought to consider sticking a little more closely to the facts.

To be fair, those statements are objectively true.

Cute. Your precious DNC is the biggest abuser of the poor by far. Because they know they have that vote locked up in key districts no matter what. They have zero incentive to actually help them because that might turn many of these people them into republicans. Hence the Obamacare blunder.

Meanwhile, one of the most conservative members of the senate, Mike Lee, refused to vote for Trump's treasury raid without getting a morsel or two thrown to the poorest among us. Your use of objective is quite suspect.

Do the fans of the DNC know, that we could have gave every citizen in the USA over a million dollars each for the price they spent just introducing the affordable care act??? Think about that. Really.

To be open, I didn't vote for Trump, I voted for the guy running on the Constitution party ticket, I'm not a fan of the GOP or DNC and am astounded more people haven't distached from that dichotomy