What's new

SI picks Utes to win PAC12 South.

That's insane. I generally believe in the Utes, but Jordan Wynn hasn't done jack **** and he's in for a rude awakening. And their kicking game is going to blow. So they had better hope their running game is of Georgia Tech/AF quality and they can turn turnovers into points at a high rate.

If Wynn's troubles last year were from his shoulder (and not crumbling under pressure and scouting) and his shoulder is better, all bets are off. But I think all of this injury excuse-making is nothing but and QB is going to be a real sore-spot for the U this year. And that's the one position you can't afford problems from if you want to be the best.

I really hope I'm wrong. I would especially hope this Utes team to be good since it's their first year in a BCS conference and because the NBA lockout is going to send me to the looney bin.

FSU's going to be light years ahead of any Pac-12 team this year and for the foreseeable future.
I know I saw on ESPN someone predict the winner of the OU vs. FSU game would play in the national championship game.
But as a Ute fan I politely say STFSU

Random thought, I can't remember a PAC10 vs ACC ever meeting in a bowl game, I'm sure there had to have been one but I can't seem to recollect one.

SI has been wrong before, will be wrong on this one, and will be wrong in the future as well.

I also expect the Utes to win the PAC 12 South. It's not far fetched at all.

merglasses.jpg

So are you saying Sports Illustrated are Utes homers? Or just looking for an excuse to call me a homer and me agreeing with SI was the best reason you could find?

I think what he is saying is that nobody is surprised that you have picked the Utes to win their division. The SI thing is just coincidental.

Oh, and there are no excuses needed to call you a homer. It is well documented in these pages that you are without doubt the king of all homers.

I also expect the Utes to win the PAC 12 South. It's not far fetched at all.
Kind of like they would have competed to win the PAC last year, right? You also threw that out last year about this time. I'm certainly not surprised to hear you spout this again this year.

Kind of like they would have competed to win the PAC last year, right? You also threw that out last year about this time. I'm certainly not surprised to hear you spout this again this year.

Yes, the Utes would have probably won the PAC 12 South last year (if they stayed healthy).

Do any of you guys have any expert/media/whatever predictions that don't have the Utes as a favorite in the PAC 12 South? Every one that I have seen so far had the Utes as a top 2 finisher in the south. It's baffling that anyone could disagree with that.

If the majority of the national media agrees with me, maybe I'm not the homer here. You guys need to look at yourselves for being reverse homers, aka haters.

Yes, the Utes would have probably won the PAC 12 South last year (if they stayed healthy).

Do any of you guys have any expert/media/whatever predictions that don't have the Utes as a favorite in the PAC 12 South? Every one that I have seen so far had the Utes as a top 2 finisher in the south. It's baffling that anyone could disagree with that.

If the majority of the national media agrees with me, maybe I'm not the homer here. You guys need to look at yourselves for being reverse homers, aka haters.
If they'd stayed healthy? I love it. Classic Salty right there.
Here's a media prediction with Utah as 3rd in the South:
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...-usc-er-arizona-state-as-preseason-favorites/
Here's another:
https://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/athlons-2011-pac-12-predictions
This one has the Utes at 4th:
https://blogs.mercurynews.com/colle...ball-updated-projections-for-the-league-race/
So does this one:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/787958-2011-pac-12-college-football-predictions
And that's just a few.

Did you forget that USC is not eligible? Factoring in that USC is not eligible, your first two links have the Utes at second, the next link says they could finish second (so presumably first since USC, who they picked first, isn't eligible), and the last link, Bleacher Report, is just crazy.

So you found one link, Bleacher Report (who have no more credibility than anyone on this board) who have the Utes at 4th. The rest have the Utes in the top 2.

Bleacher report? bwhahahwhahahah all credibility lost.

The demotivator would be much better if they had used "your" instead of "you're". Not proofing your creation before putting it out there for millions of people to download = massive fail.

But it fits perfectly on Jazzfanz, the classic your vs you're scenario.