What's new

Skiles or corbin?

Who would you rather have as head coach?

• Total voters

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Who would you rather have coaching this jazz team?

Neither.

Skiles hasn't won anything anywhere. If you look at his numbers in Phoenix, Chicago and Milwaukee, it looks like he'll get his team to play well for a little while and then the bottom falls out. Considering Skiles is an old school coach who isn't afraid to criticize his players, this tells you that the players probably just tune him out after a while.

He may be better than Corbin but I doubt he'd get much more from this team.

Skiles would probably do better coaching in college.

Skiles has a reputation of being hard on players.
Corbin has a player friendly reputation.
Skiles is about defense.
Corbin talks a lot about defense but the results are almost never there.

Candrew brings up a great point about Skiles track record but Corbin's track record over the last three years is anything but encouraging.

Do I have to pick one of them?

evil-stepsisters-cinderella-1974433-300-221.jpg

I like Ty as a person so I say keep him. Skiles is an abrassive, arrogant sulker.

I'd rather have Coach K., Jacque Vaughn, Matt Harpring, Karl Malone, John Stockton or Will Ferrel.

In no particular order.

Skiles, all day.

Hell, I'd say half of you iggits on this site could coach this team better than Corbin.

Wouldn't mind Skiles being brought in as an assistant to shore up the defense. The coaching bench is missing a hard-nosed, tough as nails motivator and defensive expert. All the current coaches come across as nice guys.

not even close,Skiles by miles. Ty got the job because Sloan and Johnson quit and left the gym,Miller said who is that sweeping the gym floor ? oh ,thats Ty.Does he work for us? yes he sure does. Great ,hire him as head coach and give him an extension pronto.will do. and the rest is history.

Reactions: BYE
Wouldn't mind Skiles being brought in as an assistant to shore up the defense. The coaching bench is missing a hard-nosed, tough as nails motivator and defensive expert. All the current coaches come across as nice guys.

I like this suggestion as well.

skiles by a landslide and it's not even close! Would bring needed discipline and fairness to the team and rotation. Plus, he pulls no punches after the game! "We called a time out to set up a play for Curry.....but I guess the 10,000 times we went over it in practice......weren't enough!"

Skiles is a retread, hasnt proved anything besides he can have a .500 record, no thanks, no thanks at all

Where's the option for neither?

Oh I almost forgot.. there are only 2 coaches in the world.

Wow. The green grass mentality.

I am curious. Do you possess the human gene that allows one to ponder things one doesn't yet have? You seem very homerish, lacking the ability to constructively question the current hand that is dealt.

No hate, just sincere curiosity.

Scott Skiles is a mediocre coach who has been a mediocre coach for a while now.

Corbin is mediocre, but I think shows signs of progress. There is still hope for Corbin. Skiles is a proven meh.