What's new

Sleeper of this draft? PAUL GEORGE!!!

carolinajazz

Can the Jazz pick this kid up with a later round draft pick? He's touted to be the "real" steal of this draft by some "experts!" A "can't miss" NBA star!

I really think he could be very similar to Granger. Both can shoot, big long athletic wings. Both were very under rated, but great potential

I've also seen him being labelled as a bust by some experts and I would lean more towards that predicition. There seems to be a lot of things inconsistent about his game at this moment. He's going to need time to develop his game for the next level.

I really think he could be very similar to Granger. Both can shoot, big long athletic wings. Both were very under rated, but great potential
i hate that comparison
Granger was proven in college as being a all around efficient player on a good New Mexico team.

Last edited:
Paul George is certainly not worth a lottery pick. He struggled against Utah State this past year and was very inconsistent. Apparently he has been wowing scouts in his pre-draft workouts, but I think they are just enamored with his athleticism with his size. His shooting percentages went down from his junior year and he's known to take bad shots. But he is a pesky defender that can tally up steals and can bang the boards for rebounds with his size. But selecting him at #9? Waste of a pick. He's worth a late teens/20's pick.

If the Jazz were to trade the #9 for the #12 and #16, I'd seriously consider George and Whiteside. Sure things? No, but I'd take a chance. Last time the Jazz had similar picks, they took the "safer" picks, and they didn't pan out.

Paul George is certainly not worth a lottery pick. He struggled against Utah State this past year and was very inconsistent. Apparently he has been wowing scouts in his pre-draft workouts, but I think they are just enamored with his athleticism with his size. His shooting percentages went down from his junior year and he's known to take bad shots. But he is a pesky defender that can tally up steals and can bang the boards for rebounds with his size. But selecting him at #9? Waste of a pick. He's worth a late teens/20's pick.

his junior year? he was only a sophomore this year and just turned 20 last month. yes his numbers did go down from his freshman year but he still shot 35% from 3 and increased his FT% to 90%. he played on a bad team with a horrible coach. i wouldnt pay much attention to his numbers, he is a pure scorer and can obviously shoot. waste of a pick at #9? if he goes outside the lottery he is the steal of the draft. let me guess you want the jazz to pick aldrich, monroe, or babbit over him?

paul george needs to be the pick. he has the most upside of any wing player in this draft and will end up being the best NBA player out of them. the guy is a pure scorer and can be a very good defender. the jazz need a dynamic scorer on the wing......this guy is the answer.

DRAFT PAUL GEORGE KOC

Not sure how anyone could be a "sleeper" when they have had as much pub as PG has. The guy has been invited to the green room and some have him going in the top ten. I like him a lot and would be happy if he ended up in Utah but don't get the sleeper thing. He is not a great shooter but he has huge upside.

If the Jazz were to trade the #9 for the #12 and #16, I'd seriously consider George and Whiteside. Sure things? No, but I'd take a chance. Last time the Jazz had similar picks, they took the "safer" picks, and they didn't pan out.
Kenwood gets my vote as the best successor to KOC. Those would be great picks at #12 and #16. If they turned out to both be busts, I would not criticize the Jazz.
I have a similar view on the Humphries/Snyder picks. Those were decent choices. Many experts gave the Jazz an A. Didn't pan out, but both had a ton of potential. Who knew Snyder was half-crazy and Humphries was Amaechi's love child?

I like George except for the miserable 42% rate he shot from the field. If it was his freshman year I could see, but it was not.

Not sure how anyone could be a "sleeper" when they have had as much pub as PG has. The guy has been invited to the green room and some have him going in the top ten. I like him a lot and would be happy if he ended up in Utah but don't get the sleeper thing. He is not a great shooter but he has huge upside.

....it was just something I read in Yahoo sports NBA, so I took it and ran with it! The "expert" said 5 years from now this kid will be considered the BEST player to come out of this years draft, John Wall included! Probably doesn't mean anything.

Well, if Sloan can turn CJ into a legitimate NBA player, I'd love too see what he can do with a guy like George.

Kenwood gets my vote as the best successor to KOC. Those would be great picks at #12 and #16. If they turned out to both be busts, I would not criticize the Jazz.
I have a similar view on the Humphries/Snyder picks. Those were decent choices. Many experts gave the Jazz an A. Didn't pan out, but both had a ton of potential. Who knew Snyder was half-crazy and Humphries was Amaechi's love child?

Just to toot my own vuvuzela, I was the one who threw out this thought...

https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5315275

Looks like Minny is going to trade their 16th for Memphis' 25th & 28th.
Could KOC trade #9 for Memphis' 12th (Xavier Henry) & 16th (Daniel Orton)?

Utah's 1st: 9th
Memphi's 1st: 12th & 16th
Minny's 1st: 4th - 23rd - 25th - 28th

Could this also be a move on Minny with trading these 4 picks to move up to 3rd & ensure Wesley Johnson from NJ?

At first, knowing we had the Knicks #1 & the potential of drafting top 5 I wouldnt but since its only #9, I'd totally trade that for #12/16
I'm not sold on Monore/Davis & the possiblity of snagging 2 of these (George/Babbit/Henry/Hayward/Orton/Udoh/Aldrich/Whiteside) would be top 5 impact IMO.