What's new

So safe to say Dante's a bust?

Maneesh

Quinn jerking him around in the rotation is not helping him get better. He may not deserve it, but how is he going to get better with DNP's? Such a shame.

Reactions: 8
Quinn jerking him around in the rotation is not helping him get better.

Whereas playing him appears to make him worse on a per-minute scale. Quinn appears to be the scapegoat either way, because holding Exum responsible for his own play is probably morally wrong.

He may not deserve it, but how is he going to get better with DNP's? Such a shame.

Perhaps if he were to employ some of the techniques utilized by practitioners of Regla de Ocha, the ability to play without pushing the team toward the loss column would mystically appear. Maybe his pre-game deuce isn't going as planned, and he should see a therapist about transcending the stigmas attached to the use of Metamucil.

Either way, I don't see any reason why anyone must insist he is a bust simply because he's not ready for the league yet. That kind of fight/flight thinking is for crack addicts.

My biggest questions is why don't we send him to the D-League for a week or two so he can get lots of reps and maybe gain some confidence back.

Does anybody know why we haven't done this yet?

My biggest questions is why don't we send him to the D-League for a week or two so he can get lots of reps and maybe gain some confidence back.

Does anybody know why we haven't done this yet?
He has to agree to go down. His agent is almost certainly saying no.

Imagine if Exum goes to Dleague and sucks and enters his contract year still out of the rotation. He wouldn't get many offers in RFA.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

He has to agree to go down. His agent is almost certainly saying no.

Imagine if Exum goes to Dleague and sucks and enters his contract year still out of the rotation. He wouldn't get many offers in RFA.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

If he is still on his rookie deal he can be sent out to Redwood Road without his agent having a say in any of it.

He had a nice start in the Thunder game. He is fun to watch when he attacks the rim. Quick step.

He just needs to lock himself in the gym and shoot 3s

Dante Exum is probably the easiest person to defend in the NBA right now. He really needs a big off-season of work. If he can step on the court and not be ignored, he could be a good player. H

I don't think Exum will ever be an all-star as his jumper isn't reliable enough. I do think he can be a defensive force and play multiple positions which will nearly always deliver a long career. Our gameplan also doesn't give him the ability to freelance and do these things either.

So bust? No, but he has value in this league and to this team. He's still very young, very unpolished and needs minutes and reps to maximize it.

With every passing day, he looks more and more like a Shaun Livingston to me... a decent backup in a good team but no chance at the starting job.

It's gonna be a lot harder for him to find playing time with Burks back. Noticed him playing back up PG a few times down the court.

He probably is a bust, but at least it was a crappy draft class in general and we still managed to get Rodney Hood out of it.