What's new

So we all know the Eastern conference is terrible-- but how does that benefit us?

Xsy

The Western conference has a staggering 168-119 record against Leastern conference teams. This is nothing new-- the Eastern conference has been awful for years now. It's gotten to the point where I'm more comfortable when Utah plays the 8th seed Eastern Conference team than I am when Utah plays the 11th seed Western Conference team.

So I was bored, and decided to check out how many games each WC team has played against EC teams. The results are as follows:

Games played against Eastern conference teams so far:
HOU: 23
SAC: 23
PHX: 22
SAS: 20
GSW: 20
POR: 19
MEM: 19
OKC: 18
LAC: 18
UTA: 18
LAL: 18
DAL: 18
MIN: 18
NOH: 17
DEN: 16

The Rockets are 17-6 versus Eastern conference teams, while putting up an unimpressive 10-18 against Western conference teams. They have more upcoming games against Western conference teams than any other team out West. Can't wait to see their record dwindle! Portland has been especially awful against Eastern conference teams, putting up a 9-10 record against them.

I think it's safe to say, we're sitting pretty at 7 right now.

Also, I have no idea why Hollinger's Playoff Odds have the Rockets finishing 47-35 for the 6th seed.

Depends on how many of those games left are away since home advantage effects Utah more than other teams.

No idea but our schedule which is going to get tougher soon, still has some upcoming games which appear a bit easier than originally thought with the Celts and Clips not looking quite so tough.

Also, I have no idea why Hollinger's Playoff Odds have the Rockets finishing 47-35 for the 6th seed.

because hollinger playoff odds are based on power ranking.
which in turn weighs the jazz and gsw blowouts heavily based on margin of victory

If you go down the rankings, 1-15, even Western team has a better record than their Eastern conference counterpart. I've never seen that before.

From where I look at it, the only advantage is that the difference in picks between 8th seed in the west and missing the playoffs is probably SIX slots. But that's also a disadvantage in making them (which I really truly do not care about which makes me a bad fan).