What's new

Sounds Like Favors is Coming Back

homeytennis

In a Tony Jones written article on Clutchfan, it sounds like DL and the Jazz are picking up Favs option. There were no new quotes but it sounded like Favs is in SLC for the next year.

Maybe yesterday's trade solidified things along with lack of progress in FA recruiting. I wonder if that means Bricky is back too?

It just came out.

giphy.gif

If Faves is back, expect us to run it back with minuscule changes. Someone to replace Ricky and a couple shuffling deck chairs at the end and another year of wondering what happened.

Which shouldn’t surprise you anyway. We ain’t signing any max FA.

Are there any restrictions to trading him after picking up the option? Could be the first step to making a deal.

That could be. Perhaps He, X and Korver get moved for Conley. Then you still need a 4. Also I wonder if the front office's calculus has changed greatly since Thursday with the injuries and trade.

Are there any restrictions to trading him after picking up the option? Could be the first step to making a deal.

This. If we want to include him as an asset in a trade, we need to pick up his option first. If we trade him this summer, the team we trade him to could move him again at the deadline.

However, there's another possibility, which is that the front office has made a list of FAs they would be willing to renounce Favors in order to sign, and that list might be pretty short. You'd be willing to lose Favors if you're bringing back Mike Conley, Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton, but if the Jazz aren't getting one of those guys, they'd probably rather keep Favors in the fold.

If there is going to be a trade for Mike Conley, there's obviously been more than enough time to work out the details, and it's probably already on the table.

If we keep Favors, I think we have to trade or waive/stretch Korver. Without Korver, we have $21ish million in cap space. That's the kind of free agent we seem to be in the market for.

Keep Favors then trade Korver, Bradley and a future 1st for Winslow and Waiters?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Oh ok. There’s an Atlantic piece dated 6/15 but I’ve seen it in my timeline for a week. Hadn’t realized it hadn’t come out yet.

The first problem the Jazz have to solve is the inconsistent shooting they got from Rubio and Crowder. Those guys were high-variance. When they were making shots, the Jazz were very hard to beat, but they were too flakey. We're letting Rubio walk. It wouldn't surprise me if Crowder got moved. There's a reason he keeps bouncing from team to team.

If all you want is 50 games and be a threat for the second round, then yes it works a little.
Eh maybe we get better matchups and some luck and we go much farther.
The raptors don't make is past the 2nd round this season if not for one of the luckiest bounces in the history of the NBA against the sixers in game 7.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the core of the Jazz to go into next season ,starts with Rudy Gobert,Donovan Mitchell,Derrick Favors.Dante Exum. I want Jazz to pounce on the young talent (like Boozer/Okur back in the day) to go with Mitchell/Exum.

Favors …..Exum next