What's new

Starting lineup with Mo, and Marvin out.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

With the Williams out we have an excuse to experiment with the starting lineup. What I'd like to see happen is this

Foye. Tinsley
Burks. Hayward. Murphy (has been recalled)
Hayward. Carroll
Favors. Millsap
Al. Kanter

Foye, Burks, and Hayward can be the pg by comity. Foye is the shooter, Burks is quick, and gets to the hoop well, while Hayward doesn't do these things on an elite level but very well, and the best passer of the three. They would take pressure off each other and mesh well. The reason I have Sap on the second unit is for some offense for that lineup, but Ty probably won't do that.

Thoughts....

Initially I think it will be Tinsley/Foye/Hayward/Milsap/Jefferson

Marvin is only out 3 games, so there's a possibility we might not see a change from that. But if there is, I would hope that it's what the OP posted.

Carrol is going to start for sure. Corbin's still like,"this ***** on the back of the bench is gonna stay here until he bows to me and kisses my feet." Burks is like, well f that I'll wait to blow up until you are fired..

With the Williams out we have an excuse to experiment with the starting lineup. What I'd like to see happen is this

Foye. Tinsley
Burks. Hayward. Murphy (has been recalled)
Hayward. Carroll
Favors. Millsap
Al. Kanter

Foye, Burks, and Hayward can be the pg by comity. Foye is the shooter, Burks is quick, and gets to the hoop well, while Hayward doesn't do these things on an elite level but very well, and the best passer of the three. They would take pressure off each other and mesh well. The reason I have Sap on the second unit is for some offense for that lineup, but Ty probably won't do that.

Thoughts....

I love your lineup, of course so do most jazzfanz... but there is no way in hell corbin would actually do something like that.
I guarantee that the lineup will be tinsley, foye, carroll, millsap, and jeffy.

No. That lineup has not proven itself yet.

We need to try it again in Atlanta, but not start it.
We don't have a proven linuep.

Unless you count the starters as:
Proven to not be good enough to lead in the 1st quarter very often.
Or proven to be the worst defensive lineup we have.
How about Proven to be boring and terrible.

Is that what you mean by proven?

No. That lineup has not proven itself yet.

We need to try it again in Atlanta, but not start it.

I've been screaming for this line up all along. I'm just glad we got to see it when the game was on the line.
If it was good enough for the end of the Dallas game why not roll with it? Either way it's good to see Corbin try
these things.

I also loved the Favors defensive sub late in the Dallas game.

I actually don't want Burks and Hayward starting if Big Al will be there. They seem to move the ball better with the bench and then the force the starters to move the ball once Favors and Kanter have played 5 minutes and need to be benched again.

I actually don't want Burks and Hayward starting if Big Al will be there. They seem to move the ball better with the bench and then the force the starters to move the ball once Favors and Kanter have played 5 minutes and need to be benched again.

I agree. The Jazz are two completely different offenses with Jefferson in or out of the game. Notice how Tinsley's Assists/36 have plummeted since he became a starter.

While Carroll starting is not ideal - at this point the impact of starting Hayward/Burks is minor while the impact of removing them from the second team is major.

Last edited:
Isn't Jeremy going to get some love?
Why? He has not shown to be particularly good at anything but dunking the ball. Can't defend, Can't shoot, and Can't dribble. He's the very definition of a tweener. Body of a SF, without any of the skills required to play that position.

Demarre gets the start as predicted in this thread.

When will Ty start Burks, Hayward, Favors & Kanter ?

The 2nd unit will win this game but time to show respect to these guys or they will leave as soon as they can

Demarre gets the start as predicted in this thread.

When will Ty start Burks, Hayward, Favors & Kanter ?

The 2nd unit will win this game but time to show respect to these guys or they will leave as soon as they can

I might be in the minority on this but I'm glad that Gtime and Burks are not starting. They play etter with the other bench players.

I might be in the minority on this but I'm glad that Gtime and Burks are not starting. They play etter with the other bench players.

Agree completely. My point is our bench and starters need to flip flop. At the end of the day, players do care if they start or not, despite what they say publicly