What's new

starting to like Ed Davis as the safe pick to choose.

eleetham916

Banned
so far from all the players the utah jazz had brought in to work for the team...if the jazz don't make any kind of major moves during the up coming draft Ed Davis is the safest pick to keep. i know he is not a a big name center the jazz need but it's a safe pick at #9

Another NorCal Jazz Fan! Welcome.

I think many of the mocks have Ed going to Utah but we'll see. Davis has a long way to go but looks promising to me.

so far from all the players the utah jazz had brought in to work for the team...if the jazz don't make any kind of major moves during the up coming draft Ed Davis is the safest pick to keep. i know he is not a a big name center the jazz need but it's a safe pick at #9

I wouldn't call it safe. He's a player that didn't produce much for an underachieving team. That's a big question mark. Now, there are some explanations, wrist injury, bad guards, etc., but he's no sure fire pick at #9.

I think a guy like Pat Patterson would be your safe pick. That would be an interesting question though if it ever came to that..... Patterson or Davis? Personally, I think if you're in the lottery you take the risk every time over the solid guy.

I think a guy like Pat Patterson would be your safe pick. That would be an interesting question though if it ever came to that..... Patterson or Davis? Personally, I think if you're in the lottery you take the risk every time over the solid guy.

Udoh is the safest pick I would think. But I like Udoh, see his ceiling as a Verajao/Perkins type.

Davis is nowhere near a safe pick. He was expected to challenge Wall for the #1 pick headed into the season, and now he's probably going 9 or 10.

And I think Davis is our "distractor" pick that we have had headed into the last few seasons. They really want somebody else, but Davis is who it looks like they are targeting. Davis will be gone by 9.

2006- Sene and Reddick
2008- Hibbert
2009- Hansbrough

Well if someone takes Davis over us I wont be that heart broken because there are others on the board that I feel can still help the Jazz. I think Davis has a ton of potential and if the Jazz do get him I wont complain.

Like others, I definitely wouldn't describe Davis as a "safe" pick. His lack of production to meet all the hype is a little alarming. He reminded me of Marvin William in that way originally. But I've come around on him a bit because I really think he has some defensive potential and offers some versatility because of his athleticism that causes me to prefer him over Patrick Patterson in particular. But he would definitely be a risk...

He's also a rail with a weak frame and did nothing on a team that sucked. He's a better prospect than Larry Sanders how?

The kids' blocks and rebounding numbers are excellent. His supporting cast last year sucked. I'm not that high on him but there's reason to be excited about what he may be able to bring on both ends of the court.

I just heard Davis' interview on Locked, and he sounds kinda retarded.

When asked what he needs to work on, he had no answer. Bad sign in my book.

I would say he is a fairly safe pick. Very effecient player at NC and improved damatically from his freshman to sophmore year with not that many more minutes. His jumper was solid in all workouts although he didnt use it much in college. He is thin but not rail thin like an Anthony Randolph.

I love Davis but I wouldn't call him safe. I think he'll have the highest ceiling of any player available to us when we draft, with a floor of serviceable rotation player, which works for me.

i don't care how ed davis talk during somes interview on some local radio show...all i care about is can he produces pts, play good team ball as well can he play some good defense and block some shots and the end of the night i want to see W not L....and anything to improved the Jazz.

i don't care how ed davis talk during somes interview on some local radio show...all i care about is can he produces pts, play good team ball as well can he play some good defense and block some shots and the end of the night i want to see W not L....and anything to improved the Jazz.

One of the hardest second posts to read in Jazzfanz history right there.