What's new

STATS LLC - No Jazz

GVC

This might not belong in this forum, but thought it was worth putting here.

https://www.grantland.com/blog/the-...with-the-most-innovative-technology-available

This is exactly the kind of data I'd want in trying to build a team. Unfortunately, the Jazz do not subscribe as of right now. Would be interesting to see how the offense does on possessions where Al gets a post touch; it could potentially help us resolve the black hole disputes.

If the Spurs have it, I think Dennis Lindsey will soon convince the Miller Family to get it as well. Better to spend $500K on a computer program than over-spending on an adequate or even all star player.

If the Spurs have it, I think Dennis Lindsey will soon convince the Miller Family to get it as well. Better to spend $500K on a computer program than over-spending on an adequate or even all star player.

Why do that when we can offer that extra $500k to Al to persuade him to resign?

Or the jazz could just have the assistant coaches track deflections and apply the Miller Metric.

Or the jazz could just have the assistant coaches track deflections and apply the Miller Metric.
oof. I always cringe when I hear the assistant coaches mention deflections in their interviews before the second half.

I'll do the same work for $250K!

I like the stats that measure points per possession on DRIVES.
I see absolutely no reason why Burks couldn't be as good as Lin at this (1.32 PPP is great, btw). And, he's showing a greater sense for the PnR. I wish we'd let this kid play 25 minutes a game for the rest of the year, with at least half of those minutes at PG in a drive-n-dish + PnR oriented offense. ....In fact, I can't really see a good argument for why anybody else should be playing ahead of him... but... yeah... DNPs are coming soon. Sigh.