What's new

STAYWARD

The Jazz Wonderbra

UPDATE: 5:52PM MT - https://theplayerstribune.com/gordon-hayward-decision-free-agency-nba/

UPDATE: 12:36PM MT - @wojespn: Gordon Hayward's agent, Mark Bartelstein, tells ESPN: "Gordon hasn't made a decision yet. We are still working through it."

Hayward to Boston per Chris B Haynes of ESPN on Twitter. Link to section of this thread after the announcement: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...hrisBHaynes)&p=1447184&viewfull=1#post1447184

Jason

--

Bump this thread if you want Hayward to Stay...

Let's show the love fellas. If 7th and 8th graders can do it, then we can too.

[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/bajrO4iTRmFxu

[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/stuff-bump-GPOt0fIBPwKGc

[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/NDanAnJX1ok8g

PS. Video uploads and pic uploads still do not work for the bra. Someone make those vids happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm kinda to the point where I've run out of GAFs. Either way, I'm just ready to have the uncertainty over with. If Hayward leaves, I'm still going to be excited to watch Gobert and Mitchell **** up the league. We ain't going to fall off a cliff and die like some people think.

BUMP

Please stay Gordon. I will lose all hope as a fan if you leave. I'm not ready to go through another rebuild :(

Honestly, I'm kinda to the point where I've run out of GAFs. Either way, I'm just ready to have the uncertainty over with. If Hayward leaves, I'm still going to be excited to watch Gobert and Mitchell **** up the league. We ain't going to fall off a cliff and die like some people think.

I wouldn't say I'm out of ****s, as I would still be upset if he left. But I agree. I'm sooooo ready to get this over with, either way.

I wouldn't say I'm out of ****s, as I would still be upset if he left. But I agree. I'm sooooo ready to get this over with, either way.

Yep... I'm ready for it all to be over...

My feelings, too.
If Gordon goes, life goes on. Lindsey has to actually work through July to get other players. His vacation accrual goes up and the wifey and kids go to the beach without him.

Jazz take a step back for a couple of years. But I seriously believe Utah needs Exum and Mitchell to be at their defensive peaks to challenge. Mitchell, in particular, has the DNA to be a franchise player for Utah. You can't replace Hayward, but his scoring load can be redistributed among other players, including whoever replaces him in the starting lineup.

And Exum. Have faith that what Lindsey said recently is truth.

I thought he was gone

I genuinely think he is staying due to Robyn’s
List of kids letters

I wish Hayward would stay for $1 more than he could get anywhere else. Then we keep Ingles who I feel is closest to him.

We could then just wait on what to do with Hill. If he chases money, we add Teodisic.

After that, we ask Hayward what Favors trade makes the most sense because we can't afford to keep Hood, Favors and Exum after this year.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I only want him to stay if he wants to be here.

I've always questioned his leadership, and desire to be the man on this team.
His talent has never been in question. His toughness, and ability to lead have.

He has helped build this team, and we improved this off-season with the draft. If he wants to leave then see ya.
If he wants to come back he can lead this team even higher then hell ya.

It'll be a hit if he leaves, but not as big as some of you think....

David James this morning on 1280 talked about how NBA deals get done. Because the "Moritorium" and tampering rules are easily sidestepped and never enforced some teams are recruiting players all time. Consequently many of the decisions are made weeks, or months before the July FA period. For example Durrant had decided to go to GS long before he dogged three playoff games to let them advance in the play-offs.

According to James, some people in Boston believe Gordon decided to go to boston last summer. Some people believe he decided earlier this year.

James also talked about Dennis O'Lindsey having multiple plans in place to move on if Hayward leaves.

What DJ didn't say, but should have, is the fans are the unfortunate and unwitting victims here, everyone else knows what is going on but maintain the illusion of playing by the rules.

David James this morning on 1280 talked about how NBA deals get done. Because the "Moritorium" and tampering rules are easily sidestepped and never enforced some teams are recruiting players all time. Consequently many of the decisions are made weeks, or months before the July FA period. For example Durrant had decided to go to GS long before he dogged three playoff games to let them advance in the play-offs.

According to James, some people in Boston believe Gordon decided to go to boston last summer. Some people believe he decided earlier this year.

James also talked about Dennis O'Lindsey having multiple plans in place to move on if Hayward leaves.

What DJ didn't say, but should have, is the fans are the unfortunate and unwitting victims here, everyone else knows what is going on but maintain the illusion of playing by the rules.
Hayward might leave but he didn't decide last off season. Jazz would have traded him last year if they thought he was gone.

People keep saying if Hayward leaves then at least the Jazz did everything they could.

That's not true. I've been supportive of the front office holding on to this extra cap space this season because they have had time to use it still.

But if we don't use our extra cap space before free agency then the Jazz cheaped out this season and hurt this team. We could have used players last season and the off season to be better. We could use that cap space to re sign one of our players. We could use it right now to set up a trade.

If Jazz don't use it then they blew an opportunity and hurt their chances at keeping Hayward by being cheap.

If they do use it, well done and I guess this rant is for not.

one of my only gripes about Hayward is that he has never seemed set with this team. It has always seemed like a working relationship.

Take rudy he loves the team and will go out and recruit. This is his team

I only want him to stay if he wants to be here.

I've always questioned his leadership, and desire to be the man on this team.
His talent has never been in question. His toughness, and ability to lead have.

He has helped build this team, and we improved this off-season with the draft. If he wants to leave then see ya.
If he wants to come back he can lead this team even higher then hell ya.

It'll be a hit if he leaves, but not as big as some of you think....

It will be a big hit if he leaves. As of right now the Jazz are one or two significant players from pushing for a championship. We have our franchise player in Gobert, we have a good second or third option on a championship team in Hayward, and we have options and avenues to acquire those last pieces needed to really push to bring a championship to Utah. If he leaves we are all of a sudden three to four significant players away. And the odds of getting them are slim to none.

Media guy from Boston on Checketts show just said he thinks Hayward signs with the Celtics because the chances of getting to the finals are better in the East especially if he's on the team.

Is the dude a homer? Of course? Does he know anything? No. Has that reasoning been mentioned a thousand times in the past month or two? Probably a million so it isn't anything earth shattering, to be sure.

But if G-time wants to win- If it is important to him to play for a title, it just makes sense. When this guy said that it resonated with me more than ever. No need to overthink this- if Gordon Hayward wants to play for a NBA championship, it will be easier to go through an aging LBJ than Curry, Durant, Draymond and Klay or Kawhi and Pop or Harden and CP3.

Now, he may decide Utah is where he wants to be, perhaps he wants to eventually have an affair with Alec Burks (honestly, who wouldn't?), maybe he sees the value in having a rim protector like Rudy behind him. There may be myriad reasons he'd stay with the Jazz- but if the chance to play for all the marbles outweigh all that, he's gonzo. Pure and simple.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk