What's new

Strength of schedule

I was listening to Locke's podcast last night and was about to post something in that order.

I remember that in some post in the preseason a lot of people were agreeing that our schedule was so brutal that if we made it into January with a .500 record, the Jazz would be fine.

It is easier to say that in the preseason than after losses. I still believe the Jazz will be around 50 wins come playoff time.

I was listening to Locke's podcast last night and was about to post something in that order.

I remember that in some post in the preseason a lot of people were agreeing that our schedule was so brutal that if we made it into January with a .500 record, the Jazz would be fine.

It is easier to say that in the preseason than after losses. I still believe the Jazz will be around 50 wins come playoff time.

50 wins will get us what? The 5 or 6 seed? Meh.

It's not like any team in the west is going to hit 60. Maybe 1 will, the rest will be in a slog. 1 or 2 games could mean home court or completely out of the playoffs.

Who said anything about 60? I’m just saying 50 is settling imo.

The schedule has definitely been brutal. I don't see at as an excuse but a fact at this point. I still think we have a chance to be a top 4 team and get home court in the first round. Once the schedule gets easier we are going to win a ton of games.

It's just unbelievably poor scheduling. It's a scale that ranges from -1.3 to 2.2. 28 of the 30 teams fall between -0.8 - +0.7. The jazz are the o ly team with a rating higher than 0.7 and we fall at 2.2!!! I dont know how they arrive at this numbers but we are off the chart on the difficulty scale.

I am confident that we will have a killer second half of the season but this has been painful.

I did say at the beginning of the season that if we had won 50% of our games by midseason we would be in a good place but it's also the way that we have lost games. Sometimes we just collapse hard. Schedule? I sure hope so.