What's new

Taj Gibson probably on the block

Jazz4ever

Good, defensive oriented PF. Two years left on his deal at 8.5 million a year.
If we draft a wing in the draft, he makes some sense I think.
We could use Booker against more mobile / 3pt shooting PFs
We could use Gibson against bigger, traditional PFs (Randolph, Griffin)

The Bulls might have some interest in Burke, he fits their slower play style better.
With Rose's knees, they need a younger backup that can go heavy minutes.

I think the value of Taj Gibson is higher than the Jazz's need of him, thus it wouldn't be an efficient use of assets to acquire him.

Burke and his mum probably think he is a core guy, does that count?

we can't get rid of trey right now. dante isn't ready yet and we don't seem to have a backup plan. stick with trey 1 more year and then move on following year.

we can't get rid of trey right now. dante isn't ready yet and we don't seem to have a backup plan. stick with trey 1 more year and then move on following year.

Ready for what? Seriously what do we have to be ready for next year? We are going to be close to making the playoffs-- if we aren't making it. Dante had a better positive impact than Trey last year and this should be even more true next year.

As a longterm piece, maybe. He doesn't really bring anything to the table that the Jazz don't have, especially with Booker here. I've also viewed him as kind of meh.

Not only can we get rid of Trey, replacing him with a better player is probably one of the better options to improve the team in the offseason. As for Dante being ready and not having a backup plan, I don't know how we come to that conclusion without a crystal ball, but needless to say if Trey Burke gets moved, Utah will certainly have a plan for a replacement.

No to Gibson. Cost vs. production doesn't measure up. If Joakim Noah comes available (new coach and on the last year of his contract), then that's a conversation worth having.

Taj would be perfect for Sacramento Kings. Their biggest need is PF and they have pieces to send to Chicago.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

U don't think Exum will improve at all by the start of the next season? Exum is plenty ready. He has experience as a starter and frankly Burke looked like the third best pg on the team near the end of the year. Ur Trey love is a little annoying. He regressed from his rookie season to this last year. He bogged down the offense even more this last year and even more turnover prone. How does he help? I'm so wondering what you'll say quite sure it will amuse me.

No to Gibson. Cost vs. production doesn't measure up. If Joakim Noah comes available (new coach and on the last year of his contract), then that's a conversation worth having.

#Bulls will look to trade Joakim Noah and/or Taj Gibson, according to @Probballdraft in latest Mock Draft: https://t.co/bPOQ9L4P3k
— Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) May 30, 2015

I really don't think we should be interested in Noah, but here it is.

Noah's knees are shot, that's why I didn't propose him as a target. Looked completely worthless against the Cavs.

So help me out.

Is Gibson a traditional pf, a stretch 4, a playmaking 4, an undersized hustle 4, or a tweener.

Tia.

Good, defensive oriented PF. Two years left on his deal at 8.5 million a year.
If we draft a wing in the draft, he makes some sense I think.
We could use Booker against more mobile / 3pt shooting PFs
We could use Gibson against bigger, traditional PFs (Randolph, Griffin)

The Bulls might have some interest in Burke, he fits their slower play style better.
With Rose's knees, they need a younger backup that can go heavy minutes.

Bulls are getting Hoiberg. They aint playing slow any more.

Why would we want Noah? He's not going to want to come off the bench. Were we planning on benching Gobert?

The only players I'd be interested in would be Hinrich and Butler