Tell us who got banned?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DutchJazzer, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutchJazzer

DutchJazzer Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    so?

please do tell

2. KhaOZ

KhaOZ Member

May 27, 2010
    That KhaOZ guy got banned I think

3. Sirkickyass

Sirkickyass Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Nobody yet.

4. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    I banned Lucifer (as a duplicate account). Made me feel righteous! :)

5. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    Did he take 1/3 of the hosts of Jazzfanz with him?
    You know, Lucifer's posts gave me pleasure for a while, but then I was left feeling kind of empty after the euphoria faded. No true joy.

But to appease the atheists on this board, shouldn't you also ban Jesus Christ?

6. colton

May 25, 2010
    If we had evidence that it was a duplicate account (like we did for Lucifer), we would.

7. Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Why would that appease the atheists? Not like atheists believe in Lucifer.

colton likes this.
  8. Guitaro

Guitaro Active Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Yes, I agree. It's disrespectful and feels wrong. You can blame on me if you want.

9. VINYLONE

VINYLONE Bringin' the diversity! Contributor

May 25, 2010
    To me, both of those figures are just imaginary characters in a book. Nothing more, nothing less.

10. Guitaro

Guitaro Active Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Regardless, it's grossly offensive to others. The matter should be taken very seriously or people might take action. What kind? Well, everyone has their methods that suit them best. Some legal, some with conversation, some by leaving the board very disappointed in a board that once was fun. Now, it's just a racist, religious hating void where people bash each other and call it funny.

Where's the backbone this board once had? Where's the class? Without boundaries, people try to get away with as much as they can. People need boundaries for a civil society to flourish. Otherwise, you have chaos and misery. Yeah, have fun with that...

Nate505 likes this.
  11. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    There's no need - to the atheists, his posts just read "This user is on your Ignore list".

12. TroutBum

TroutBum My Member's Premium Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Haha, I have no idea what you're talking about.

13. billyshelby

billyshelby Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I don't care what happens, but I'd like to see: "Jesus Christ has been banned" Whatever that means, I will laugh.

14. colton

May 25, 2010
    Jesus Christ banned for trolling.

*ducks lightning bolt*

15. Stickler

Stickler Active Member

May 26, 2010
    I created a duplicate account the other day as a quick joke, by the way. (The Angel Moroni) When I did so, I read the rules required for registering, and they did not say that you couldn't create a duplicate account. If they had, I wouldn't have done it.

Edited to add: The sentiment behind my joke was totally genuine. There were several people at the time using obvious duplicate accounts, and I found this obnoxious as all hell. The fact that I registered a duplicate account to complain about this was, of course, meant to be ironic.

16. colton

May 25, 2010
    The full rules are available at the FAQ link, here:
    https://jazzfanz.com/faq.php

17. Stickler

Stickler Active Member

May 26, 2010
    Well that was good for a laugh. If half of those rules were enforced, this would be a much better place for all of us. Serious question: When you say no belittling or harassment of individual posters, to speak carefully when discussing hot topics, no vulgarity, etc. etc. Do you mean it? I guess a good measure of this would be, as moderators and administrators, when you read threads and come across numerous examples of people calling each other idiots, morons, see borderline-offensive signatures like "a blast of "hydration" to your face" or borderline-offensive avatars like whoever has that raspberry goatse avatar, (and I know you guys see this stuff independently of other people reporting it, because a bunch of you are active posters), do you take any independent action, like warning the person, or do you only (or mainly) consider taking action when another poster submits a complaint?

18. TroutBum

TroutBum My Member's Premium Contributor

May 26, 2010
    What is Goatse? Is that Archie Moses' avatar? (I always wondered what his fascination w/ Goats was all about)

19. VINYLONE

VINYLONE Bringin' the diversity! Contributor

May 25, 2010
    I'm not sure why you are trying to implicate people here on the board. If there is one thing I completely dislike is a rat. Whether there is something to rat about or not.

In regards to your reference, my signature is a direct quote of one of the tag lines on one of the circulated advertisements here on the board. If anyone should receive an infraction, it should be you, for your self-admitted circumventing of the rules.

20. Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Haven't you been banned before for posting **** here?

EDIT: Rhymes with corn and starts with "p."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.