What's new

Temperature Check: Christian Wood

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Do y'all still love Wood? I remember for the last two or three seasons he was the love child of this forum. Well he's had a weird year of being in the doghouse at Dallas because he's so bad at defense.

Is this just a Kidd thing or is Wood a legitimate dumbass incapable of playing big minutes in a winning team? Do you want to risk paying him?

It’s a totally new situation from even a year ago. The Jazz can do better/I am not interested.

Had the Jazz tried to keep the build alive, I’d probably be excited for the buy-low opportunity.

Do y'all still love Wood? I remember for the last two or three seasons he was the love child of this forum. Well he's had a weird year of being in the doghouse at Dallas because he's so bad at defense.

Is this just a Kidd thing or is Wood a legitimate dumbass incapable of playing big minutes in a winning team? Do you want to risk paying him?
Dunno but I think Kidd is a far worse coach than Wood is player.

Why? I thought he's done pretty good in Dallas with terrible rosters.
Borderline playoffs with Kyrie and Luka? Inexcusable imo. I understand Kyrie is new but losing 6 of 7, possibly 7 of 8 at crunch time as far as the season goes? Losing to Charlotte twice?

Borderline playoffs with Kyrie and Luka? Inexcusable imo. I understand Kyrie is new but losing 6 of 7, possibly 7 of 8 at crunch time as far as the season goes? Losing to Charlotte twice?
So the coach's job is to find the cancers on the team and have management get rid of them.

It’s a totally new situation from even a year ago. The Jazz can do better/I am not interested.

Had the Jazz tried to keep the build alive, I’d probably be excited for the buy-low opportunity.
100% this. Wood was a low risk high reward proposition when we had not a lot to offer. He’s shown some of his warts and just isn’t the type of swing we need to take at this point. That said I’m not sure why Kidd hates him so much but his approach on Wood is curious.

In short… I no longer want Wood. In part because of how he’s played but mostly because our situation is dramatically different now.

Forgive them for they not know what they do.

This is the same board that:
• Claimed Rudy was a top 10 player
• Viewed Minnesota as a top 2 team in the NBA
• Claimed Edwards was better than Don
• Said we’d get less value for Don because Rudy was more valued around the league
• Wanted to trade Don for Herro, Jimmy Neutron and 2 picks

100% this. Wood was a low risk high reward proposition when we had not a lot to offer. He’s shown some of his warts and just isn’t the type of swing we need to take at this point. That said I’m not sure why Kidd hates him so much but his approach on Wood is curious.

In short… I no longer want Wood. In part because of how he’s played but mostly because our situation is dramatically different now.
So what contract price/length do you start considering him? Because his "upside" is still a good fit with the new roster.

So what contract price/length do you start considering him? Because his "upside" is still a good fit with the new roster.
As a backup to spell off Kessler and give us some different looks I think he still has some value. Would have to be careful with the contract.

• Said we’d get less value for Don because Rudy was more valued around the league
No one said that. The rest of your claims are also for the most part bull ****, but I know for certain that the above was not a narrative that anyone was pushing.

People may have said that the return on Don might not be as big because eclipsing the Gobert deal would be difficult.

Kidd hasn't played Wood much because he plays horrible defense, particular helpside/team.

He got more minutes when Maxi was out for a while but hurt his hand or thumb I think.

This team needs better defensive players. I'd say hard pass.