What's new

That little spoiled brat sitting courtside ruined the reaction shot and other Jazz musings

HighlandHomie

-What could be an iconic reaction shot of Hayward after his buzzer beater against King James and the vaunted Cavs is now nothing because that little **** ran in front of the camera. I think last night set the wheels in motion towards something special, and Gordon is proving he's THE guy to lead us there. Last year I was mostly about Burke or Burks being our leader/closer because of their dispositions on the court, but Hayward looks like a new man this year - and now it seems like him being our leader is a no brainer.

I envision many All-Star games and NBA titles delivered to us from him. When he enters the Hall of Fame, they'll show an amazing video montage of all his best highlights. But they won't have the amazing reaction shot from the first huge game-winner of his career.

Someone needs to piss in that kid's popcorn next game.

-Dallas is a great team as we've already seen first-hand. Hopefully we can start FILLING the ESA to capacity. Tons of empty seats last night. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay a cent to the Jazz after they employed Corbin for a few years and allowed the product to be put on the court that they did a year ago, but it's obvious this is a NEW team. Time to heal wounded pride and open up those wallets to help make the ESA the best homecourt in the league for our guys!

-Our two wins came on the only two games (so far) I've made the game thread. Just saying...

-The internet and Jazzfanz.com message boards are tailor made for reactionary remarks about the Jazz. We're going to see a lot of good and a lot of bad from all of our guys this year. That's how it goes for young, developing talent in the league. The only thing I can say for certain is that our corps is legit, and DL hit it out of the park with Quin. I can't wait to see how the rest of this process unfolds. I have no doubt a title is in the near-ish future!

-One GIGANTIC key for this season in terms of getting wins and competing for the playoffs in the impossible West will be our guards remaining committed to Quin's system and the dribble-drive for kickouts or layups. Of course we won't hit every shot, but if we can consistently get buckets at the rim or open looks for perimeter shooters because someone got into the lane off the bounce and a defender had to help then we'll be good to go. When the ball sticks and we settle for the first open-ish jumper we get, then we'll be in trouble. Quin obviously will identify all that with the squad today in film because it was obvious what was happening when Cleveland made their runs.

-I've been imploring everyone to show patience with Enes since his rookie year based on his lack of experience (specifically no experience in playing NBA-caliber competition). Time is running out on his 'free pass', but he is still YOUNG AF for all intents and purposes. He is excellent offensively from 17-feet and in, but NEEDS to show improvement defensively. He's been a little better than last year from what I can tell, but there are certain matchups he will get roasted (and Love was one of them). He'll be fine. I think he can be great if he ditches trying to be a three-point threat. His progression/performance this season is the biggest unknown/question mark for me.

-Step away from panic button regarding Trey. New system, and he's psyched himself out a little bit. He will be fine and deserves to be our full-time starting PG.

-Exum is further along than I expected, but as I did for Enes his first couple years I have set the bar so low for Exum that anything positive he gives us on the court is gravy. The vital improvements he must make to become a stud in the league aren't overnight transformations, so there's no use in hanging on his game-to-game results this season. His instincts are excellent so that alone has helped him overcome his lack of strength/polish early on.

-I still can't believe Booker has been hitting 3's, but I'll take it! I nearly **** myself with excitement when we signed him because I've been a fan of his since Clemson. I loved his unique explosiveness and ferocious disposition on the court. He's just a great piece to fit in with the skill/finesse of some of our other guys.

-Rudy is in a PERFECT role for himself right now. The strides he's made from last season in terms of awareness on both ends has been remarkable. It's very evident he's still nowhere close to having 'it' fully figured out. As he continues to strengthen his body/add a little mass, he should seemingly get better every single game as he gets more and more experienced in the NBA. I think Quin has already recognized that regardless of Rudy's experience/awareness, the big fella can still impact the game blocking shots and grabbing offensive rebounds so in those few 5-minute spurts he plays the Jazz have really benefited.

-Hood had no business dropping to where we drafted him. He'll have up and down games, but opposing teams will have to mark him whenever he's on the court. He's already a nice catch-and-shoot weapon for us, but I'm most intrigued by his potential to create for himself and others off the dribble. He's shown flashes of that ability, but still seems like he's a year or two away from being able to consistently threaten the opposition with that skill.

-Burks is the ****ing man. Plain and simple.

Get over it. It made that kids night and there are plenty of other shots.

haters gonna hate.

The kid was wearing a Hayward jersey. I thought it was ironically perfect to have him step out right after the shot.

I really hope a bunch of cops beat the **** out of OP.

Reactions: MVP
The kid was wearing a Hayward jersey. I thought it was ironically perfect to have him step out right after the shot.

I was going to say the same thing. How cool is that to have the kid wearing a jersey with Hayward's name on it? I think that makes the shot and celebration even better.

What was priceless was Quin's reaction: absolutely none. How do you NOT react to a moment like that? Let me be the first to say Snyder is not human. He's a cyborg that has been sent back from the future.

What was priceless was Quin's reaction: absolutely none. How do you NOT react to a moment like that? Let me be the first to say Snyder is not human. He's a cyborg that has been sent back from the future.

Which, BTW, was the same type of coach Brad Stevens was at Butler.

Look at a lot of their buzzer beaters. No reaction.

I really hope a bunch of cops beat the **** out of OP.

I expressed my views on the Jazz. I made a joke about the kid ruining the shot because a thread with just my views wouldn't 'sell'. Why do you hope a bunch of cops beat me up? Why couldn't you just say I really hope I could kick the **** out of the OP? You'd have sounded like less a bitch than you already do. Then again, your logo is an anime character so perhaps you are going for that 'bitch' image.

I expressed my views on the Jazz. I made a joke about the kid ruining the shot because a thread with just my views wouldn't 'sell'. Why do you hope a bunch of cops beat me up? Why couldn't you just say I really hope I could kick the **** out of the OP? You'd have sounded like less a bitch than you already do. Then again, your logo is an anime character so perhaps you are going for that 'bitch' image.

1. I don't really wish cops beat you up. It was a joke based on the fact you often post about police brutality. I do admit though, the irony of the situation would totally be funny.

2. If we ever confronted one another face to face, I'm pretty sure you'd **** your pants as soon as I walked a step in your direction. I've been around long enough to understand the direct correlation between one's online bravado, and offline cowardliness.

3. I don't get all that **** about me being a bitch because of anime logos or whatever the **** you're saying, but I imagine you were holding back the tears while you typed it.

1. I don't really wish cops beat you up. It was a joke based on the fact you often post about police brutality. I do admit though, the irony of the situation would totally be funny.

2. If we ever confronted one another face to face, I'm pretty sure you'd **** your pants as soon as I walked a step in your direction. I've been around long enough to understand the direct correlation between one's online bravado, and offline cowardliness.

3. I don't get all that **** about me being a bitch because of anime logos or whatever the **** you're saying, but I imagine you were holding back the tears while you typed it.

lolololol little girl can count