What's new

The Altar of Juwan Morgan

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Has been pretty insane in the G-League and I think is the best prospect of the G-League dudes (Oni, Brantley, JWF, Howard)

If you look at his advanced stats, they are loony.

He has a +9 offensive box plus minus and a +9 defensive box plus minus and a combined 11.5% block and steal percentage!

His per 36 numbers are 23 ppg, 11 rbg, 4 apg, 3 spg, 3 bpg

Compared to Brantley who is a negative on offense at -.8. You can tell with Brantley too. He plays a weird style and a lot of it involves slowing down in the half-court where he dribbles into post-ups and things of that nature.

Morgan is like built to play center in the Jazz offense. A near perfect fit other than being undersized. He's a great screener, roller, ball-handler, passer, and can even shoot. Super comfortable playing in the areas where Jazz centers play. I was a little surprised he didnt get a shot with Davis down, but I think he might if Davis goes down again.

Has been pretty insane in the G-League and I think is the best prospect of the G-League dudes (Oni, Brantley, JWF, Howard)

If you look at his advanced stats, they are loony.

He has a +9 offensive box plus minus and a +9 defensive box plus minus and a combined 11.5% block and steal percentage!

His per 36 numbers are 23 ppg, 11 rbg, 4 apg, 3 spg, 3 bpg

Compared to Brantley who is a negative on offense at -.8. You can tell with Brantley too. He plays a weird style and a lot of it involves slowing down in the half-court where he dribbles into post-ups and things of that nature.

Morgan is like built to play center in the Jazz offense. A near perfect fit other than being undersized. He's a great screener, roller, ball-handler, passer, and can even shoot. Super comfortable playing in the areas where Jazz centers play. I was a little surprised he didnt get a shot with Davis down, but I think he might if Davis goes down again.
What's the height and weight of this dude?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

None of these guys are going to play for the Jazz this season other than in garbage time here and there. So as much as I'd like to talk about them it seems like a pointless exercise.

None of these guys are going to play for the Jazz this season other than in garbage time here and there. So as much as I'd like to talk about them it seems like a pointless exercise.

Literally every thread in this forum is a pointless exercise. So why shoot this one down?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I watched a bit of his highlight reel at Indiana and he looks even bigger. That wingspan must result in a pretty good standing reach. On one dunk he hung on the rim for a bit and his feet were almost touching the ground. Looks pretty thick too. Basketball reference lists him at 232 lbs.

The highlights I watched literally everything was a dunk. (I only watched a few minutes so maybe there was more skill displayed later on in the video)
Can he shoot at all? Any post moves? Handles?

No alter will be built or worshipped at until he does something in the big boy league... that said I am all for him or Bradley or Brantley taking some playing time from Niang or Green or Davis. I will offer no sacrifices until then.

He's 6'8" with shoes and around 230 lbs, meaning he's about the size of Joe Ingles. He's tough, he has good defensive instincts, he can score around the rim, and he can spot up from 3. I think he's probably a backup 4. I don't think he can guard 5s, but I haven't seen him really try.

JWF and Brantley have more upside, imo, but they're not fully baked yet.

I watched a bit of his highlight reel at Indiana and he looks even bigger. That wingspan must result in a pretty good standing reach. On one dunk he hung on the rim for a bit and his feet were almost touching the ground. Looks pretty thick too. Basketball reference lists him at 232 lbs.

The highlights I watched literally everything was a dunk. (I only watched a few minutes so maybe there was more skill displayed later on in the video)
Can he shoot at all? Any post moves? Handles?

He's shown more in the G-league than he did at Indiana. He's tough defensively, a bit like Royce O'Neale is, in that he can hold his ground against bigger players. He has enough handle to rebound and go. He can drive in a straight line for 2-3 dribbles. He can score at the rim. I haven't seen him make plays off the dribble much, but he can do a bit of it. I think he's a forward.

If he breaks the rotation it will be because he defends and rebounds, and Jeff Green usually doesn't.

No alter will be built or worshipped at until he does something in the big boy league... that said I am all for him or Bradley or Brantley taking some playing time from Niang or Green or Davis. I will offer no sacrifices until then.

Nah, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed. If you join the cult at this stage you have a great chance at cardinal's hat in the future. And the way our bench is performing I am ready to pray to anything (and I am actually an atheist).

Morgan looks like he could benefit greatly with some time with Karl Malone in the gym. He looks like he is carrying some baby fat.

He's 6'8" with shoes and around 230 lbs, meaning he's about the size of Joe Ingles. He's tough, he has good defensive instincts, he can score around the rim, and he can spot up from 3. I think he's probably a backup 4. I don't think he can guard 5s, but I haven't seen him really try.

JWF and Brantley have more upside, imo, but they're not fully baked yet.
If 6’ 8” is his official measurement from this year then it’s without shoes. Which isn’t bad at all.

He's shown more in the G-league than he did at Indiana. He's tough defensively, a bit like Royce O'Neale is, in that he can hold his ground against bigger players. He has enough handle to rebound and go. He can drive in a straight line for 2-3 dribbles. He can score at the rim. I haven't seen him make plays off the dribble much, but he can do a bit of it. I think he's a forward.

If he breaks the rotation it will be because he defends and rebounds, and Jeff Green usually doesn't.
Thanks. Good info and good post. Just what i was looking for

From an article a little over a year ago on him.

“Morgan has gained an inch in height and 27 pounds since he started training at IU. He’s put on two pounds since last year– undoubtedly muscle gains and fat loss. He put up some records training with Indiana’s strength and conditioning coach Clif Marshall in the offseason. An 800 lb leg press and 510 lb deadlift put him on top for Indiana men’s basketball weight room records. The 10-inch increase in his vertical jump and adding 16 reps to his 185 lb bench press will undoubtedly make a more explosive and confident Morgan going into his last year as a Hoosier.”

From an article a little over a year ago on him.

“Morgan has gained an inch in height and 27 pounds since he started training at IU. He’s put on two pounds since last year– undoubtedly muscle gains and fat loss. He put up some records training with Indiana’s strength and conditioning coach Clif Marshall in the offseason. An 800 lb leg press and 510 lb deadlift put him on top for Indiana men’s basketball weight room records. The 10-inch increase in his vertical jump and adding 16 reps to his 185 lb bench press will undoubtedly make a more explosive and confident Morgan going into his last year as a Hoosier.”
Holy ****