What's new

The biggest mistake in the history !!

Qatar

Simply this is the problem with the jazz this year!!

3u3eaaavjk4mayrpr94f.jpg

29qap35wvdqe5vrd592e.jpg

in today's match Raja got only 2 points and he had 0 points in 2 games, seriously!!

Would you imagine if we still have Wesley here in Utah? I bet we would be above the blazers and the nuggets!!

Thanq KOC, Thanq Millers!!!!

Soon as I saw this guy play, I could tell he was the real deal ... Jerry was pissed about losing him too ... In fact, this decision may not only have cost us Matthews but led to us losing Jerry and Deron, because if we were winning they probably wouldn't have been arguing as much. You're right this was a colossal mistake in more ways than one.

And we would have exactly who at the 5? Fes, Elson and Jarron Collins?
Had the Jazz committed that much money to Matthews, the money could not have been spent on Jefferson. The Big Al deal was already in the works at the trade deadline last year. Kahn was waiting on the Jazz getting picks and an exception, which they did when Boozer left for Chicago.

Yes, Matthews has turned into a pretty good guard. But 90% of NBA people thought Portland overspent. To give a contract like that to an undrafted rookie who had less than 1/2 yr starting? That's a huge risk. We had a starter (we thought) in CJ and a pretty good backup in Bell (or vice-versa). It's unfortunate both have underachieved. Hindsight. I'd still rather have Al Jefferson on the team than Matthews. It's extremely difficult to obtain quality bigs. But I'll bet KOC is able to trade for a quality SG in the off-season.

Listen, Bell is turr'ible and Wes is very solid......that said, quit trying to revise history. The only thing that could have (and probably should have) been done was KOC could have not let the market set Wes's value and offered him a deal before Portland. Even then I assume Portland would have made the same offer they did which was, and still is, almost impossible to match based on sheer numbers.

I like Ray Allen a whole lot better than CJ. Keep wishing in one hand and ******** in the other and see which one fills up faster.

Do we really need to go back in history and pick out the biggest mistakes? Every team will have a large list. There will be another big mistake again and again so get over it sister.

This came down to pretending that a guy that projected to be the next Raja Bell was worth not having Jefferson for. In retrospect, I'd choose Wes, but I don't think anyone in the league chooses Wes at that time if you have that choice (and I really liked Wes and thought Jefferson was a juggernaut of hype). The Jazz would've been nuts to match that offer and we all knew it at the time. Portland went all in on one pair and won. **** happens, move on.

At least we didn't draft glass bigs ahead of GOAT and Durant, on top of trading the opportunity for Chris Paul or Deron Williams for the chance to draft Jarrett Jack, Linas Kleiza, and some stiff. The Blazers have way more decision-woe than any team should.