What's new

The Jazz's Next 20 Games -- Jazz go 10-10

How many wins will the Jazz have in their next 20 games?

• Total voters
Elizah is correct. Also to clarify, the youth movement vs grizzled vet is more often determined by their age than it is the years they have played, and especially so with this group. Anyone 26 and younger is generally part of the youth movement, meaning that group will be entering their primes at roughly the same time, or at least be able to contribute heavily within the next 2-4 years at a higher level, when we become more competitive. Anyone 28 and older is part of the veteran group, who likely do not fit our timeline depending on cost and what they can contribute or how they can adapt as the torch is passed. A couple of those could stick around and be very valuable, but still part of the vets and therefore mostly expendable. Those 2 in-between years are less clear and could fall either way. Generally for us the dividing line is between Clarkson at 30 and Beasley, at 26. Everyone is either older than Clarkson or younger than Beasley in our group. Only Fontecchio falls in between at 27, or soon to be 27, I think his birthday is this month, and being a late blooming rookie he is still counted in the youth movement. So more than I think most teams, we have a real division in our groups, age-wise, with a 4 year gap.
Usually vets can't adapt especially to a new system. And most of them are injury prone that's why you need to watch theirminutes . Clarkson OTOH is surprising. He's a vet by age but he's able to adjust and strive into this new system. The improvement is obvious and the way he get along with everybody is nice to see. He's body slamming everybody. He's also known to be durable.(hello dante) If he gets traded then so be it but there's no way I'm gonna change my name to agent#0

Cavs drafted Ochai as 3&D who can be used immediately in a win-now team as a bench player. Now with Jazz he is getting only garbage time minutes and just a couple of them. What was the point of including him in the trade package in the first place? Or will he be part of the next trade? I do not get it, opinions please. Imo at least Hardy should test him in the rotation when minutes still matter.

Jazz are just really deep so its hard for him, a rookie, to get minutes. I bet he is part of the jazz future plans. Just have to be patient.
I really like his game and want him to play more too

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz are just really deep so its hard for him, a rookie, to get minutes. I bet he is part of the jazz future plans. Just have to be patient.
I really like his game and want him to play more too

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
The writing is on the wall that we might trade down on the guard position, so he might be in line for more reps.

Outside of Rudy Gay (IF they can find a taker), there won't be any more trades this season.

Yes, you can quote me on that
That's where I'm leaning too. Obviously something could easily happen, but I don't really think it will. I think DA and company loves how the team gels and how happy everyone seem. That bodes well for developing a team over time.

Outside of Rudy Gay (IF they can find a taker), there won't be any more trades this season.

Yes, you can quote me on that
noone will be quoting you on that because it just aint so. Gay is untradeable and should be released at the end of the season barring the Jazz including him in a larger deal for salary filler at which point you would also be wrong.

Cavs drafted Ochai as 3&D who can be used immediately in a win-now team as a bench player. Now with Jazz he is getting only garbage time minutes and just a couple of them. What was the point of including him in the trade package in the first place? Or will he be part of the next trade? I do not get it, opinions please. Imo at least Hardy should test him in the rotation when minutes still matter.
He is like 5th on the guard depth chart just by being a rookie, and I don't think Cleveland was ever planning on keeping him, Jazz maybe don't see him as a 3 where he could earn minutes imo. but to them probably not without more creation ability . His college shooting and hustle defense, should transfer if they give him some pt, and he maybe already would be an upgrade there. I would use him at the 3 now but they are not. Expect he will be the eventual starting 2 by late season. Beasley strikes me as the answer at the 6 here with a Sexton Agbaji back court of the future barring Sexton being traded or them drafting an elite point instead pushing Sexton to the 6 and Ochai to who knows where

Highly respectable showing for a new team against mostly playoff bound opponents! I doubt last years team fares any better, hypothetically speaking of course.

Now that we know the results of the last 20 game stretch, we should have someone do a new thread for the next 20 games. 10-10 on the least one was a pretty reasonable result. Be interesting to see how they fare moving forward. Still hoping to see Lauri make the All-Star game.

I thought the Jazz would win 6 or 7 games during this stretch. The surprising wins were both games against Memphis, the win in LA against the Clippers and the win against Phoenix. None of the losses were really surprising, except Detroit. If the Jazz were 11-14 instead of 14-11, we'd be down in the standings next to the Lakers.

Now that we know the results of the last 20 game stretch, we should have someone do a new thread for the next 20 games. 10-10 on the least one was a pretty reasonable result. Be interesting to see how they fare moving forward. Still hoping to see Lauri make the All-Star game.
I think its looking iffy if we rank 7-10 but likely if top 6.. Some 2022 West representatives that are out or behind:

Dejounte Murray (reserve) & Donovan Mitchell are now in East.
KAT and Gobert should (at least) both not make it
CP3 might not make it
Draymond should not make it

For new entries, I would guess De'Aaron Fox gets in if Kings record hold and AD if Lakers improve theirs enough. SGA might get in despite his teams record if he stays around 30 PPG.

Then its mainly PG13, Dame, Lauri, Zion and Antman in the mix.

Lauri has the homefield advantage, but the competition is tough. All comes down to team records.

Btw as a sidesnote... NBA.com power rankings notebook had a nice table that shows that we have the 4th most difficult schedule in the west in December based on opponent win record. How is that even possible, after the schedule we already endured? At least we play 8 of 15 at home, unlike the Lakers who play even tougher teams and almost exclusively on the road.

Btw, Lakers (and Suns) have had 0 rest disadvantage games this season.

View attachment 13470

Jazz have 4 back to backs in December, in addition to the ones that we have already played. I believe they have like 3 total after the all-star break.

If KAT is out a while, it would seem to open the door for either Lauri or Sabonis to be WC bigs, along with Jokic and Davis.

I think its looking iffy if we rank 7-10 but likely if top 6.. Some 2022 West representatives that are out or behind:

Dejounte Murray (reserve) & Donovan Mitchell are now in East.
KAT and Gobert should (at least) both not make it
CP3 might not make it
Draymond should not make it

For new entries, I would guess De'Aaron Fox gets in if Kings record hold and AD if Lakers improve theirs enough. SGA might get in despite his teams record if he stays around 30 PPG.

Then its mainly PG13, Dame, Lauri, Zion and Antman in the mix.

Lauri has the homefield advantage, but the competition is tough. All comes down to team records.

Bigs: Jokic, AD, Zion, Sabonis?, Lauri?
Guards/Wings: Curry, Luka, Booker, Ja, SGA, Lebron, PG13, Ingram

KAT is missing games. Dame is missing games. PG and Kawhi are missing games. As long as someone stupid like Wiggins doesn't get in, Lauri has a decent chance, imo.

Bigs: Jokic, AD, Zion, Sabonis?, Lauri?
Guards/Wings: Curry, Luka, Booker, Ja, SGA, Lebron, PG13, Ingram

KAT is missing games. Dame is missing games. PG and Kawhi are missing games. As long as someone stupid like Wiggins doesn't get in, Lauri has a decent chance, imo.
I think Wiggins gets in. He was a starter last year and has been better this year. Plus they are the champs and you really cannot send Draymond or Klay (so would be only Steph).

I think Sabonis is behind Lauri but Zion might be slightly ahead based on hype train.

With that being said KAT might get in based on stupid familiarity reasons. If he does, Lauri is likely out unless we go on a tear as a team or he has a huge statement game at some point.

Jazz now have the 3rd easiest schedule in the West the rest of the season. Only Portland and New Orleans have easier schedules.

If we get Conley back I dont see why this team isnt going to have a better winning percentage the rest of the season than what they have now. At a slightly higher win % that puts us right around a 6 seed. Our point difference this year so far is 5th best, which is usually a better prediction of where a team is going over the W/L record historically. I also see this team as a young team that can keep improving.

Without Changes I see this team coming in 5-8 range. I think we could drop into the lottery if we trade Conley and Clarkson. Maybe we trade Beasley and KO as well or along with those to drop down depending on what we get back. Those would have to be trade for picks or young players with potential that arent going to help winning for now. The flip side we could also make some roster balancing moves and/or upgrading the roster to secure a better playoff position. I think both are good options.

Speaking of picks Minny has the hardest remaining schedule in the NBA. But Philly and Brooklyn have pretty easy schedules remaining.

But Philly and Brooklyn have pretty easy schedules remaining.
At the time of the trade, I thought it would be at best around 25th, but it looks like we might jump a few more spots. Right now it would be the 18th pick, but should I make a guess, I'd say it ends up around 22-23.