What's new

The Jazz's Next 20 Games

How many wins will the Jazz have in their next 20 games?

• Total voters

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I picked 8 of the 20 would be wins. I think its gonna be like 15 of the 20 at this point which is insane.
whats even more insane is that maybe 15 is too low.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz looked a bit flat and fatigued in Philly today. Missed FTs are the indicator. Schedule may be catching up with them.

Still, Jazz are 6-4 over the first 10 games of this stretch.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
A much need couple home games with a few games in-between is needed for this team. It also gives the chance for some practice and maybe some adjustments.

A side note I just noticed we play a ton of home Sunday games. I guess the new owner finally changed that stupid rule for the Jazz to not play home games on Sunday.

Darkwing Duck

A much need couple home games with a few games in-between is needed for this team. It also gives the chance for some practice and maybe some adjustments.

A side note I just noticed we play a ton of home Sunday games. I guess the new owner finally changed that stupid rule for the Jazz to not play home games on Sunday.
All of the Jazz' Sunday games are on the road.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
Sun Jan 8 @Memphis
Sun Mar 5 @OKC
Sun Apr 2 @Brooklyn
Sun Apr 9 @Lakers
Haham I'm dumb. I forgot I am in China again where its a day ahead. I am looking at Monday games listed as Sunday for me.

Back to the NBA allowed to give us a rough schedule because we make it hard on them.

Tremendous Upside

Three things I'm not a huge fan of right now:

1. Playing Vando as the screener in high pick and rolls so much. He's too small to function as an effective roll man against true bigs, and way too much of a non-shooter to pop. After the screen, he's just kinda... there, and he negates the spacing offered by Lauri and KO. Can't do anything against a drop coverage. Bottom line is, IMO Vando got a bit overrated when the whole team was in the zone. I know we're lacking options on the wing when it comes to the starting lineup, but I'd like to see what Beasley can do as an undersized, spot up shooting 3 with that group. Vanderbilt isn't working on either side of the ball right now.

2. Leaving Markknen to fend for himself against physical, borderline dirty dudes like Philly's PJ Tucker who attach themselves to him. Look, I wrote a while back that it was smart strategy by Hardy not to run Lauri off predictable screens to get him open, but that was when the rest of the team was humming and you could afford to have Markkanen just wait for his opportunities while spacing the floor. As things are now, he's being taken out of games because teams are gladly sacrificing defenders to overplay him in all situations. I want to see these dudes run straight into a couple of bone-crushing screens per game, just to remind them that there's a price you pay for guarding someone that close in the NBA. That's it. I don't even care if Lauri gets the ball or not on those plays, I just want to see someone hit the floor. Sometimes you send a message.

3. Our pick and roll defense. Really not great right now, and that's putting it nicely. The lineups featuring Sexton are particularly unwatchable in this regard. We're offering absolutely no resistance at the point of attack - it's one screen and we're scrambling and overhelping. It's amazing how many points teams are scoring against us with easy, wide open midrange jumpers by ballhandlers who just used a screen. It's ridiculous, you can't just concede those shots in the NBA.

Saint Cy of JFC

This is probably some very weird small sample size stuff, but our defensive rating is 102 (****ing elite) when Vanderbilt is sitting and a 123 (god awful) when he is playing.

That's 1 point better than the best defense when he sits, and 5 points worse than the worse defense when he plays.

I do think some of this might be very real though. JV is a good off-ball defender and makes some plays, but he's absolutely awful defending in isolation vs star types. He's in the 4th percentile (bad) in isolation defense according to NBA.com. Dude gets absolutely lit up.

SoberasHotRod

This is probably some very weird small sample size stuff, but our defensive rating is 102 (****ing elite) when Vanderbilt is sitting and a 123 (god awful) when he is playing.

That's 1 point better than the best defense when he sits, and 5 points worse than the worse defense when he plays.

I do think some of this might be very real though. JV is a good off-ball defender and makes some plays, but he's absolutely awful defending in isolation vs star types. He's in the 4th percentile (bad) in isolation defense according to NBA.com. Dude gets absolutely lit up.

I was excited about Vando, and his energy and rebounding have been as advertised, but if you watch him closely on defense, he's not good. He's not disciplined enough to be a good man defender and he causes some chaos, but doesn't really play good team defense either.

I'm still being super patient with everyone right now, so hopefully we see some improvement throughout the year.