What's new

The Knicks Are The 2019-2020 NBA Champions

MeloTheJazzKiller

I love it when you guys here (a place with zero championships) ask me how many championships my Knicks have won. I always inform you non-sports fans that we have won two. But now it is three. We have been crowned by all sports fans the 2019-2020 NBA Champions.

When Rudy Gobert single-handedly ended all sports forever on planet Earth, the NBA looked to see who won the final game played. As you know in all of our team sports the winner of the final game played (Super Bowl, final game of World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA Finals...) is crowned the champion of that sport. It's an easy way to determine the champion - whoever wins the sport's final game...they are the Champions.

Well, on March 11th the final NBA game played was between the Knicks and the Hawks. When the game ended it was the final game of the season played. And we won. We slaughtered the Hawks. We were the winner of the final b-ball game played in the 2019-2020 season.

Sing it, Freddie.

200938-004-6F2F7CB1.jpg

We are the champions,
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
No time for losers (the Jazz),
'Cause we are the champions....of the world!

That give us, one, two, three Championships!

1969-1970:
1970_crop.jpg

1972-1973:
1973-Knicks.jpg

2019-2020:
giphy.gif

I love it when you guys here (a place with zero championships) ask me how many championships my Knicks have won. I always inform you non-sports fans that we have won two. But now it is three. We have been crowned by all sports fans the 2019-2020 NBA Champions.

When Rudy Gobert single-handedly ended all sports forever on planet Earth, the NBA looked to see who won the final game played. As you know in all of our team sports the winner of the final game played (Super Bowl, final game of World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA Finals...) is crowned the champion of that sport. It's an easy way to determine the champion - whoever wins the sport's final game...they are the Champions.

Well, on March 11th the final NBA game played was between the Knicks and the Hawks. When the game ended it was the final game of the season played. And we won. We slaughtered the Hawks. We were the winner of the final b-ball game played in the 2019-2020 season.

Sing it, Freddie.

200938-004-6F2F7CB1.jpg

We are the champions,
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
No time for losers (the Jazz),
'Cause we are the champions....of the world!

That give us, one, two, three Championships!

1969-1970:
1970_crop.jpg

1972-1973:
1973-Knicks.jpg

2019-2020:
giphy.gif
Congrats... well fought and earned title... Dolan gives zero ****s about Coronavirus so when is the parade?

Logical. Who can be the winner of the lost season if no the ultimate losers? Happy for you MTJK!

..when is the parade?
We were going to have a dual parade, St. Patrick's Day/Knicks Championship parade, but because of Rudy Gobert the world is no longer allowed to have more than 250 people together so the parade was canceled.

No matter. It's just a parade. The banner going up next year and just having the title "Champion New York Knicks" is good enough for us.

Congrats to MTJK. This has been long awaited. It’s a shame Melo still has no titles, though.

Congrats to MTJK. This has been long awaited. It’s a shame Melo still has no titles, though.
Thanks, for the good words and not being a sore loser. Yeah, it's been a long wait, but that's what made this championship so special.

And Melo will be at the ring ceremony. Once a Knick, always a Knick.
And that means Enes Kanter will also be there. We will give him the microphone at the celebration because we know he is going to make fun of the Jazz and their zero championships. I can't wait for the laughs and good time.

3732a920-45f0-49f1-b2e7-9a44dfd64f9c-pc092418_Knicks_media_day_40.jpg

We were going to have a dual parade, St. Patrick's Day/Knicks Championship parade, but because of Rudy Gobert the world is no longer allowed to have more than 250 people together so the parade was canceled.

No matter. It's just a parade. The banner going up next year and just having the title "Champion New York Knicks" is good enough for us.
Consider this your parade.

Thank you Melo. Times are tough trying to watch the crowd-less. Fighter-less UFC.younare a glimmer of hope during uncertain times.

Consider this your parade.
Yeah, it's good to celebrate around people who know nothing about winning championships. It's like we are helping you guys out. Maybe when you see how we won a championship, you might get one yourself. Better luck next year, Jazz fans. 2019-202 belongs to us! What a year. From a 4-18 start to CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD! That's great for us and might inspire other teams to try harder.

Thank you Melo. Times are tough trying to watch the crowd-less. Fighter-less UFC.younare a glimmer of hope during uncertain times.
Yeah, the Knicks truly are an inspiration. Starting off 4-18; firing our coach; firing our GM; firing our president of operations; Spike Lee being shipped off to a Soviet gulag and never to be heard of again...and through all that we come out as CHAMPIONS!

We love this team. I think the whole world loves this team. Such grit and determination (not much talent, but we do have something...what that something is I don't know).

Thanks, for the good words and not being a sore loser. Yeah, it's been a long wait, but that's what made this championship so special.

And Melo will be at the ring ceremony. Once a Knick, always a Knick.
And that means Enes Kanter will also be there. We will give him the microphone at the celebration because we know he is going to make fun of the Jazz and their zero championships. I can't wait for the laughs and good time.

3732a920-45f0-49f1-b2e7-9a44dfd64f9c-pc092418_Knicks_media_day_40.jpg
If I had told everyone in November that Mudiay would be getting a ring this year, they would have said I was crazy.

Actually, having a Utah connection used to be a direct entryway to the Knicks. Lots of Jazzmen getting rings.

A disaster of a season deserves a disaster of a champion. P
No, a disaster of a season deserves a feel good ending. Our men suffered through a lot (Spike Lee being killed - we still don't know where he is - nearly broke the team), but in that final game against the Hawks (where we blew a 23 point lead) we put it all together to win the 2019-2020 NBA Championship. That's a feel good, storybook ending for all to enjoy.

Actually, having a Utah connection used to be a direct entryway to the Knicks. Lots of Jazzmen getting rings.
Yeah, we are also going to give Donovan Mitchell a ring. Might as well give him one now because we all know he's going to be a Knick pretty soon anyway.

Yeah, the Knicks truly are an inspiration. Starting off 4-18; firing our coach; firing our GM; firing our president of operations; Spike Lee being shipped off to a Soviet gulag and never to be heard of again...and through all that we come out as CHAMPIONS!

We love this team. I think the whole world loves this team. Such grit and determination (not much talent, but we do have something...what that something is I don't know).
Both you personally and the Knicks as a whole are inspirational. Overcoming all odds despite personal shortcomings.

Both you personally and the Knicks as a whole are inspirational. Overcoming all odds despite personal shortcomings.
Thanks so much for the love. I figured after we humiliated you Jazz on January 20th 2016 this would be the last place to give respect and love to the Knicks, but you guys have. I guess a good a..s..s-whooping like we did to you on January 20th 2016 broke your souls and you now look to the Knicks as Gods to follow. I'm glad we beat you. That made you better people. Just think when we give you two a..s..s-beatings next year, you will be even better people.

You really had me going with all your Hofstra love earlier this year. Still rooting for JWF!
Man, why'd you have to bring up Hofstra? I've been going to those games for years. This year after 19 years of failing we finally make the March Madness tournament...and then Rudy Gobert ends all sports on planet Earth.

Come on, this is a thread celebrating the Knicks improbable 2019-2020 championship. Let's keep it happy and upbeat.