What's new

The return of Alec Burks!!!!!

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Utah Jazz shooting guard Alec Burks has been out since December when he broke his fibula and underwent surgery.

Continue for updates.

Burks Close to a Return
Saturday, April 2
Sources told Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune on Saturday that Burks will return to the Utah lineup this "coming week."

Burks underwent surgery in late December to repair a fractured left fibula he suffered during a game against the Los Angeles Clippers. He has missed the past 48 games. Word of Burks' ankle surgery trickled down almost exactly a year after the Jazz ruled him out for the remainder of the 2014-15 season with a left shoulder injury.

But when he hasn't been limited by severe ailments, Burks has been one of the league's most compelling young guards, and Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade referred to Burks as the NBA's most underrated player on Twitter shortly after the Jazz scorer underwent surgery.

In 28 games this season, Burks is averaging 14.3 points per contest on 40.9 percent shooting from the field and 38.7 percent shooting from three-point range. And while he's never been an efficient shooter, Burks has offered the Jazz value as a versatile backcourt presence.

Not only does the fifth-year guard have the shot-making capabilities to regularly play the 2, but he's also skilled enough as a playmaker and ball-handler to operate as Utah's point guard in bigger lineups.

Rodney Hood has primarily played the 2 during a breakout sophomore season, so Utah had options at shooting guard without Burks. However, the combination of Raul Neto and Trey Burke at point guard hasn't cut it with Dante Exum (knee) already out for the season.

Now with the possibility of Burks returning and the Jazz in the thick of a race for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference, Utah's ability to roll out more dynamic backcourt pairings will be a solid boost moving forward.

Can't wait!!!! Burks going to break teams!!!!!

aa6e313161451294f4c7672ef94d8e31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By this coming week do they mean this week next year?

Actually not good news

We've been playing lights out last 12

Always takes several games to get chemistry back. This may cost us the playoffs

Burks is out for tomorrow.
Of course he is.

Would be a good game to start the integration imo. A game we win with or without chemistry/game shape issues.

Utah Jazz shooting guard Alec Burks has been out since December when he broke his fibula and underwent surgery.

Continue for updates.

Burks Close to a Return
Saturday, April 2
Sources told Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune on Saturday that Burks will return to the Utah lineup this "coming week."

Burks underwent surgery in late December to repair a fractured left fibula he suffered during a game against the Los Angeles Clippers. He has missed the past 48 games. Word of Burks' ankle surgery trickled down almost exactly a year after the Jazz ruled him out for the remainder of the 2014-15 season with a left shoulder injury.

But when he hasn't been limited by severe ailments, Burks has been one of the league's most compelling young guards, and Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade referred to Burks as the NBA's most underrated player on Twitter shortly after the Jazz scorer underwent surgery.

In 28 games this season, Burks is averaging 14.3 points per contest on 40.9 percent shooting from the field and 38.7 percent shooting from three-point range. And while he's never been an efficient shooter, Burks has offered the Jazz value as a versatile backcourt presence.

Not only does the fifth-year guard have the shot-making capabilities to regularly play the 2, but he's also skilled enough as a playmaker and ball-handler to operate as Utah's point guard in bigger lineups.

Rodney Hood has primarily played the 2 during a breakout sophomore season, so Utah had options at shooting guard without Burks. However, the combination of Raul Neto and Trey Burke at point guard hasn't cut it with Dante Exum (knee) already out for the season.

Now with the possibility of Burks returning and the Jazz in the thick of a race for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference, Utah's ability to roll out more dynamic backcourt pairings will be a solid boost moving forward.

This is great news. I think he returns against the Spurs for limited minutes and gradually breaks in to get ready for the showdown with Dallas. I also think Favors will sit for another game. With Lyles playing well, I think we can beat Phoenix without him.

Don't count on it. It usually takes a couple of weeks for players to get back into game shape/rhythm. And just as important, all the other players have to adjust to new rotations. Jazz need to win IN SPITE OF Burks for 2 weeks, then hope his real contribution comes in the playoffs. Of course, any minutes he takes away from Johnson will be a good thing.

That said, I really don't believe he'll return until the Jazz players head out to P3.

At this point I am sick of hearing about Burks injuries. He needs to grow a pair and demand to play. I'd highly consider trading him too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since when do you need a link for an opinion?

Because this is an opinion based on hot air. If there was some substance to it, then I would say it has basis. But the reports in the news say otherwise. So if the evidence indicates otherwise, an opinion without justification is just that, hot air.

im pretty sure it's not up to Burks. Needs to be cleared to play by team doctors, good lord.

I also think the Jazz haven't been forthright in providing us with his medical status. It was originally reported he'd be out 6-8 weeks and that he had surgery to get him back earlier. However, we never heard why it has taken longer, why the doctors gave that first estimate and what changed to make it double that.