What's new

The Rise of Skywalker

(I actually liked TLJ)

I don't know how I feel about this. It's got a dumb sounding title and I'm not super into the idea of the Emperor making a comeback. Fun to see Lando again though.

(I actually liked TLJ)

I don't know how I feel about this. It's got a dumb sounding title and I'm not super into the idea of the Emperor making a comeback. Fun to see Lando again though.

Personal feelings aside(TLJ was a betrayal you pleb!), there's maybe more expectations for this film than there was for TFA. It's no longer just "let's not screw this up" but "how do we mend the fence that split our fan base"

I really don't want the Emperor back. Leave him dead, and let the new wave come in. Let the directors and screen writers develop big baddies, not just have them spontaneously appear to have them taken down.

I'll end up going into this a lot more guarded than I did TLJ, or Solo.

I haven't really liked any of the new movies. They had a wealth of ideas from the expanded universe and just ignored all of it to create basically ANH remake, complete with a death star, and then the anti-yoda for some reason. They totally wasted snoke, lost out on their chance to leverage Luke, and went for nostalgia and forced edginess. They weren't even particularly compelling stories. I have absolutely no expectations for the next movie.

I haven't really liked any of the new movies. They had a wealth of ideas from the expanded universe and just ignored all of it to create basically ANH remake, complete with a death star, and then the anti-yoda for some reason. They totally wasted snoke, lost out on their chance to leverage Luke, and went for nostalgia and forced edginess. They weren't even particularly compelling stories. I have absolutely no expectations for the next movie.

This.

These movies are mediocre at best and should get somewhere around a 6.5 on IMDb. The scripts, acting and direction are all shaky.

Lando is the only part of that trailer that looks good. And that’s not even romanticism. That’s just acting. He has a presence. These other clowns blow.

I don’t think the emperor is still alive. It looks like they discover what’s left of Death Star. Like ghost Yoda appears in places where the force is strong, perhaps ghost Emperor is hanging around that place?

I lost interest in this trilogy. I thought the first was ok but it was something we’d all seen before with episode 4. I thought the last movie would be cool and build off the momentum of TFA. Unfortunately, it just really wasn’t a good movie. The story sucked, characters sucked, and the ending was silly.

Also, Leia becoming Mary poppins in space might be the dumbest scene in all of movies.

honestly, the best SW movie to come out since the Emperor Strikes Back was Rogue One. Anyone who disagrees is stupid and hates puppies

Think about the originals. You had all-time greats. Ford. Guinness. Earl Jones (so far as his voice goes). Fisher was solid too and had great chemistry with Ford.

These people blow. Not one will be worth a damn in 10 years in Hollywood. I like the emo bad guy as an actor too but he blows in these.

Think about the originals. You had all-time greats. Ford. Guinness. Earl Jones (so far as his voice goes). Fisher was solid too and had great chemistry with Ford.

These people blow. Not one will be worth a damn in 10 years in Hollywood. I like the emo bad guy as an actor too but he blows in these.

Rey has a nice smile.

And that scene with the emo guy speaking to Vader’s melted mask was kinda cool.

Rey has a nice smile.

And that scene with the emo guy speaking to Vader’s melted mask was kinda cool.

Ezra Miller should’ve been in the role instead of this dude. He can carry the angst the role had with less of the adolescent vibe and more of a man, coming into his own.

And fwiw emo bad guy (can’t think of the actors name) will be around in 10 years. He’s a legit strong actor. But he’s a supporting dude for the most part. He doesn’t have the gravitas this role demanded.

There have been so many excellent and imaginative sci-fi movies in the last 30 years, that Star Wars, to me, has really lost much of its stature. The original three movies, and even the prequels that came later, had some interesting character development and story telling. The more recent movies have been pretty thin. I just don't feel myself caring much about these characters anymore.

honestly, the best SW movie to come out since the Emperor Strikes Back was Rogue One. Anyone who disagrees is stupid and hates puppies

I'd argue Guardians of the Galaxy, THEN Rogue One. Even though it was a Marvel Movie, it was still a better Star Wars movie than all of the ACTUAL Star Wars Movies. Just add Chewie to the Guardians in 3, and we're all set.

I'd argue Guardians of the Galaxy, THEN Rogue One. Even though it was a Marvel Movie, it was still a better Star Wars movie than all of the ACTUAL Star Wars Movies. Just add Chewie to the Guardians in 3, and we're all set.

/thread

This.

These movies are mediocre at best and should get somewhere around a 6.5 on IMDb. The scripts, acting and direction are all shaky.

Lando is the only part of that trailer that looks good. And that’s not even romanticism. That’s just acting. He has a presence. These other clowns blow.
6.5 is too high for imdb

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

And fwiw emo bad guy (can’t think of the actors name) will be around in 10 years. He’s a legit strong actor. But he’s a supporting dude for the most part. He doesn’t have the gravitas this role demanded.
I love that dude in everything else.
He was great in Logan lucky and blackkklnansman

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app