What's new

The Sixth Seed (I see dead teams)

ShortShorts

Throw your collective faith/psychic powers/karma/churros at the Jazz going 4-1 or better and the Grizz 2-3 or worse. Boom we own tie breaker with 2-1 season series advantage. Another boom - no Spurs or Warriors til Conf Finals (ok conf finals may be a reach ... ).

Make it so hoop gods (Haymes, Favollo, Godbert, Hoodness, Thor Lyles and Macktastic).

Jazz:
Spurs @ home (the most rest oriented team in the league with no likely playoff implications clears the bench [crosses fingers])
Clips @ home (Griff still rusty they rest with no seed switches likely)
@ Nuggets (win)
Mavs @ home (huge implications for Playoffs)
@ Lakers (we seal 6th seed and send Kobe to retirement with a loss)

Grizz:
Bulls @ home (hungry bulls want this one to keep playoff dreams alive)
@ Dallas (Dallas thumps them at home to keep playoff hopes alive)
Warriors @ home (GS wants that whole 73 thing)
@ Clips (Griff shakes off the rust in time to throw a beat down on the Grizz?)
@ Warriors (chance to seal the deal on best record ever let's hope they need this win for it)

Srsly I could see the mangled Grizz going 1-4 with that line up and the way they've been playing lately.

I believe. And apparently so do some recently popular anti-heroes.

vPu1UFB.jpg

I can see Memphis flaming out too; but if that's the case I think you'll see Portland in the 6th spot.

TBH, I'd rather play GSW than San Antonio - The Jazz will lose to both but at least they'll lose interesting to GSW. I can see Utah taking it to The Warriors - at least at home. A San Antonio series would just be frustrating to watch. They beat up on teams in the playoffs like The Jazz used to in the 90's with S&M.

I can see Memphis flaming out too; but if that's the case I think you'll see Portland in the 6th spot.

TBH, I'd rather play GSW than San Antonio - The Jazz will lose to both but at least they'll lose interesting to GSW. I can see Utah taking it to The Warriors - at least at home. A San Antonio series would just be frustrating to watch. They beat up on teams in the playoffs like The Jazz used to in the 90's with S&M.

Portland would have 5th in that case and we'd have 6th ;-)

phew, we'd get OKC. Phew.

Still better than the Warriors or the Spurs imo. OKC has 9 less wins, a great difference with the 2 teams ahead. The Warriors will pick it up during the playoffs and we all know what happened the last time we faced the Spurs in the playoffs, we got burned badly. Plus the Kanter factor would make a win against OKC ever more sweet.

Still better than the Warriors or the Spurs imo. OKC has 9 less wins, a great difference with the 2 teams ahead. The Warriors will pick it up during the playoffs and we all know what happened the last time we faced the Spurs in the playoffs, we got burned badly. Plus the Kanter factor would make a win against OKC ever more sweet.

thanks for the hip shots. We are winless against all three teams. What are the point differentials?

A first-round upset could deal a mortal blow to the OKC franchise. That's a juicy idea. But we matchup miserably with their defense.

Last edited:
Jazz have to face okc in the first round. The kanter vs booker tweets would be "legend .. Wait for it .. dary" the nda would love the attention that series would give.

Grudge match

I don't see Jazz beating Thunder this year. I hope Jazz gets 8th, they can take it to Warriors better than any of the lower 5. I hope Grizz gets 6th and it'll be an easy first round for Thunder.

I guess Rockets would match up best with San Antonio, but it's hard to tell with them tbh.

For the Jazz, the playoffs is now. They need to treat these last 5 games as their playoff series. The Jazz need to win 4 games to securely get in. If they actually win a single playoff game against the Spurs or Warriors it is just icing on the cake. Jazz playoffs is right now!